PDA

View Full Version : TFOG

yoda
Wed Mar 31st, 2004, 10:41 AM
just got off of the phone with them and i will be able to get my clutch, sprockets, and chain all on saturday, for a good price ( i think) $193.17 plus tax. opinions please: the sprockets are JT and the clutch is EBC what do you guys think of those items. doug i thing (not good with names) but he had the clutch in stock and searched around to get the sprockets for me by saturday so i can do everything all at once and at no extra charge for getting them in early.
I AM VERRRY PLEASED WITH THEM AND HIGHLY RECOMEND THEM TO EVERYONE.
performance cycle just treated me like another customer calling in on prices and wa probably not coming in for the parts plus it would take over a week to get the parts. they are ok in person with stuff in stock but not for things they have to order.
DO NOT RECOMEND ORDERING PARTS FROM PERFORMANCE CYCLE.

*MV* #33
Wed Mar 31st, 2004, 10:44 AM
What kind of bike??

yoda
Wed Mar 31st, 2004, 10:46 AM
91 CBR600F2 is the bike they are going on and i got the sprocekts one down in the fron and two up in the rear.

*MV* #33
Wed Mar 31st, 2004, 10:57 AM
91 CBR600F2 is the bike they are going on and i got the sprocekts one down in the fron and two up in the rear.

My not familiar enuff with the hondas .. but i know the best clutch for a suzuki is OEM. Id call ron ayers and talk to chip see what prices he has on OEM clutches.

Jim and Scott are nice guys.. either way im sure you will be happy.

MV

thunderseye
Thu Apr 1st, 2004, 05:49 PM
tfog rocks again was gonna take my bike to the springs to get some work done but tfog said they would match the price. sweet they are the best

Rick T.
Thu Apr 1st, 2004, 08:39 PM
I second that on TFOG... I spoke to Mike(?) and Scott 2 days ago. They called be back quickly as they said they would and we discussed a plan of action for my RS 250. They were VERY helpful, friendly and knowledgeable... :up: to TFOG!! I will be dropping my bike off on Saturday...

Jmetz
Thu Apr 1st, 2004, 09:53 PM
Dammit Rick I keep thinking your Ralph as that was his avatar....

Rick T.
Thu Apr 1st, 2004, 10:12 PM

:lol: It was...??

Player 2
Thu Apr 1st, 2004, 10:15 PM
Gotta give my 2 :up: to the crew at TFOG. Scott has been great working to get my R1 back on the road (hopefully very soon)

Dave2K
Mon Apr 5th, 2004, 07:21 PM
I just got back from TFOG (by the way, is that "Tee-Eff-Oh-Gee" or "TeeFog") and must say I was really, really impressed. Got a set of tires mounted and balanced for 20/wheel, after being was quoted 75/wheel at the local dealership :321: Scott was extremely cool and very helpful for a newbie like myself. I will definitely be taking more of my business here!

Player 2
Mon Apr 5th, 2004, 07:26 PM
I just got back from TFOG (by the way, is that "Tee-Eff-Oh-Gee" or "TeeFog") and must say I was really, really impressed. Got a set of tires mounted and balanced for 20/wheel, after being was quoted 75/wheel at the local dealership :321: Scott was extremely cool and very helpful for a newbie like myself. I will definitely be taking more of my business here!
That would be Tee-Fog :D

panther
Mon Apr 5th, 2004, 07:28 PM
Got a set of tires mounted and balanced for 20/wheel, after being was quoted 75/wheel at the local dealership :321:

was that w/the tire off the bike or on :?

BenDover
Mon Apr 5th, 2004, 07:46 PM
One down in the front and two up in the back? :o

Are you planning on stunting alot? You'll probably lose alot off the top end, maybe 30mph. :|

KooLaid
Mon Apr 5th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Nah, at that ratio, he'll only lose roughly 15 mph. But how often do you actually hit 155+ mph on the streets anyways? JT sprockets are good quality stuff for a VERY reasonable price. Sprocket Specialties also in the same boat. For clutches, I hear alot of people prefer sticking with OEM clutches in hondas, brake pads too.

Dave2K
Mon Apr 5th, 2004, 11:43 PM
was that w/the tire off the bike or on

At TFOG, I brought the wheels in, off the bike already. I can't be 100% sure what the dealership was quoting, but $150 was almost what I spent on the tires! :x For that price, they better throw in a complimentary BJ from one of the hookers on E. Colfax...

Anonymous
Tue Apr 6th, 2004, 01:35 AM

:lol: It was...??

ya, mine was animated tho. :D

Bryce
Tue Apr 6th, 2004, 07:35 PM
[/quote]
That would be Tee-Fog :D[/quote]

or two fat old guys which is actually where the name came from call and ask em no lie

-DurtyThree-
Thu Apr 8th, 2004, 06:11 PM
That would be Tee-Fog :D[/quote]

or two fat old guys which is actually where the name came from call and ask em no lie[/quote]

haha never knew that.. Scots not fat .. so was there another owner?

:?

Anonymous
Thu Apr 8th, 2004, 06:40 PM
It was started by Jim and another guy. Jim is still there, bu has lost some weight (I'm not sure how much, but that's what he says at least :lol: ). I don't know what Scott's official role/title is there, but I think he's partners with Jim.

CBRChick
Thu Apr 8th, 2004, 07:39 PM
It was started by Jim and another guy. Jim is still there, bu has lost some weight (I'm not sure how much, but that's what he says at least :lol: ). I don't know what Scott's official role/title is there, but I think he's partners with Jim.

Yup ... it started off with Two Fat Old Guys (hence the name TFOG), then one of the guys "retired?" and Scott came in as partner/co-owner ... Scott had mentioned that it should now stand for Turner & Fat Old Guy :D

bulldog
Fri Apr 9th, 2004, 01:58 PM
I always wondered what TFOG stood for :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rick T.
Mon Apr 19th, 2004, 10:43 AM
FINALLY dropped the RS off this weekend. Scott and Jim... and Mike were very cool. ETC for work = 2 weeks. Hopefully there are no glitches with ordering parts... :)

Player 2
Mon Apr 19th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Big :up: to the TFOG guys! Got my bike back on Saturday all fixed up and ready to ride. Thanks again...

mra828
Mon Apr 19th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Scots not fat ..

:?

Scott ain't exactly slim and trim either... :lol: :D :lol:

Give him another couple years to work himself into the acronym.

geoff

Airreed
Wed Apr 21st, 2004, 02:19 PM
:bananna:

I had the sprokets and chain relplaced along with a new rear tire. All was done in less than an hour. Only had to pay ten bucks for the mounting of the tire, cuz the tire was already off the bike.

Nice guys that know their shit and won't bullshit you!!!!

Ill be back to see them,

Jason
Airreed