PDA

View Full Version : Bike Wont Start

GoldenZero
Mon Dec 25th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Im new to all this pocket bike stuff and I wanna start...

Anyways I got a new bike booklet says MT-AII got it off eBay brand new http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130055367918 anyways it wont start I have tried taking the spark plug heating it and puttin a little gas or oil er what ever lol. I pull 3 times genly befor givin it 1 hard pull, it wont start and woundering if anyone had the same prob when they got one. I just got this for christmas and wanna drive it now :D if anyone has tips or things I should do please message me or email :D

when I try to start I have the white gas thing pointed up and the chock half and all the way up anyone got ideas?..
Thanks, Josh/GoldenZero

reddeth
Mon Dec 25th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Does it turn over at all? Like give a little put-put-put then die out? Or does it not even do that? If it isnt, I'd say check your spark or something, cause that would be my first bet.

eklew
Mon Dec 25th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Is it a 2-stroke?

GoldenZero
Mon Dec 25th, 2006, 05:59 PM
ya its a 2 stroke and it doesn't go put-put-put but kinda does it did like 10 times....Gas also drops from a small thin plastic toob at the bottum of the bike until I turn a little white nob

txrc51fatboy
Mon Dec 25th, 2006, 11:06 PM
premix or does it have an auto mixer? check fuel/oil mixture, check spark, check battery. try to turn engine by hand, if not seized check above list

chances are with these cheap bikes you may have gotten screwed.

GoldenZero
Mon Dec 25th, 2006, 11:30 PM
gotta mix by hand and no batterie and stuff, I guess I might just bring it to a mechanic if I cant get it tomorrow

GoldenZero
Tue Dec 26th, 2006, 08:58 AM
I got it started today like 5 times but I cant get it started anymore ima wait till sping to try again :) I found a trick of starting it :D

konichd
Tue Dec 26th, 2006, 10:25 AM
I had the same pocketbike and they are hard to start. My fuel line was kinked but I found if I I took the plug out, poored in some mix, and gave it a few pulls with the choke wide open she ran fine! :)

GoldenZero
Tue Dec 26th, 2006, 11:01 AM
where would it be kinked? I will go check :)

konichd
Tue Dec 26th, 2006, 12:31 PM
I had to shorten mine where it came out of the gas tank to the petcock. After that it was money! :lol:

GoldenZero
Tue Dec 26th, 2006, 02:16 PM
lol nice :P