PDA

View Full Version : best place for PCIII?

pauliep
Fri Dec 29th, 2006, 01:51 PM
03 gsxr 1000

The GECCO
Fri Dec 29th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Bart @ TK

Devaclis
Fri Dec 29th, 2006, 02:20 PM
IDB

rybo
Fri Dec 29th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Bart @ TK

:imwithstupid:

(( LO LO ))
Fri Dec 29th, 2006, 10:54 PM
I've got one word for you.... RAPIDBIKE! This system will blow away any pcIII. There is a place in the Springs that will install and Dyno tune your fuel injected bike with Rapidbike components. Trust me when I say there IS a difference in performance, it is European Race Technology that finally made it to the states.... There are several bikes around the Colorado Springs area that are throwing up some insane numbers and strip times thanks to Rapid Bike tuning. They all had PCIII's and they sold them once they saw the potential unleashed by Rapid Bike. Just ask around...

http://www.rapidbikeusa.com

http://www.rapid-bike.co.uk

pauliep
Sat Dec 30th, 2006, 12:19 AM
the website isn't very professional with all the broken links... no suzuki...

(( LO LO ))
Sat Dec 30th, 2006, 08:34 AM
The website isn't very good, unless you go to their Italian website. That seems to be the best one. But you need to read Italian. They do Suzuki, my buddy just had his Hayabusa Rapid Biked. I will see if I can get the local dealer's info up.

Click on this pdf link. Scroll to page 5. Rapid Bike 3 is what you want.
http://www.rapidbike.co.uk/applist.pdf

pauliep
Sat Dec 30th, 2006, 08:57 AM
that other site doesn't show the dynos

edit:

after doing some searching I found some dynos done with bikes at high attitudes
http://www.sr-tuning.us/
I think I'll be going with these guys. I'm guessing this is who you were talking about because their location is in the springs

(( LO LO ))
Sat Dec 30th, 2006, 12:19 PM
http://www.rapidbike.it

Here is the mother site, if you can read Italian. All the other websites get their info from this one. I think dyno numbers are on there somewhere. I can get you local dyno numbers if you like for some bikes to use as comparison.

pauliep
Sat Dec 30th, 2006, 12:28 PM
if you can find some for the gsxr1000k3

(( LO LO ))
Sat Dec 30th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Here is a quick vid of one of my Ruff Ryders Hayabusa after the install and Dyno tune. His bike is stupid fast...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z15ZJ3G-T5M

pauliep
Sat Dec 30th, 2006, 12:35 PM
the vid doesn't show much...

(( LO LO ))
Sat Dec 30th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Look man, I am just opening up another choice instead of your PCIII. Take it for what it's worth. Go get a PCIII if you want. It's your loot. Just trying to help you out in getting more for your money. I will try to score you some dyno results for your bike. Do what you want Pauliep...

(( LO LO ))
Sat Dec 30th, 2006, 12:42 PM
SR-Tuning is the place. They are the Rapid Bike dealer for this area.

(( LO LO ))
Sat Dec 30th, 2006, 12:44 PM
..after doing some searching I found some dynos done with bikes at high attitudes
http://www.sr-tuning.us/
I think I'll be going with these guys. I'm guessing this is who you were talking about because their location is in the springs

That's them... You won't be disappointed...

pauliep
Sat Dec 30th, 2006, 12:46 PM
whoa, calm down.

(( LO LO ))
Sat Dec 30th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Yo, just trying to help out. You found the S-R Tuning website. Do your homework and enjoy the final product whatever road you choose to go down... Later man

pauliep
Sat Dec 30th, 2006, 12:51 PM
I'll let ya know the results

NUTZ
Sat Dec 30th, 2006, 04:17 PM
iv heard tons of stories about power comanders. i would check out http://www.factorypro.com/. they have a tool called teka sfi. it perty much reflashes your stock ecu. i dont know any one that is useing it but sounds like one of the better ways to go.

N1KSS1KS1x
Wed Jan 17th, 2007, 04:11 PM
So What do all you guys think Who makes the best system? I was thinkin the pc3 cause its seems to be the most widly used and its use seems easy.

crazycam31
Wed Jan 24th, 2007, 10:51 PM
So What do all you guys think Who makes the best system? I was thinkin the pc3 cause its seems to be the most widly used and its use seems easy.

I'm in the same boat as you and some opinions are apprecitated. My main objective is to get rid of the flat spot around 8k rpms, but some more power all around can never hurt, especially at this altitude. Hopefully gonna make a purchase around march.

konichd
Thu Jan 25th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Buy a Dynojet Power commander III on E-bay from Fuel Moto. They map and ship it for free!

elbromisto
Thu Jan 25th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Buy a Dynojet Power commander III on E-bay from Fuel Moto. They map and ship it for free!
I did that; it shipped in 3 days and they have solid tech support if you need it. Mine was $235.

Jenny
Fri Jan 26th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Any stock map will not make your bike run as well as custom. Spend the extra few bucks on labor and have it tuned to your bike.

Spiderman
Fri Jan 26th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Bart @ TK
+ 1 more

TK Motorsports
8th & Wyandot (right off I-25 in Denver)
720-904-9040

They have a dyno and can do a custom map for you. :up:

konichd
Fri Jan 26th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Any stock map will not make your bike run as well as custom. Spend the extra few bucks on labor and have it tuned to your bike.

Fuel Moto DOES a custom map for your bike. When you purchase one from them you send them your bike info, modifications, etc. They custom map it just for you and ship for free! I got mine for 265, I'm not a big enough idiot to pay 300+ for a custom map from a local shop that may get me 2 HP at the most. :dunno:

towneh
Fri Jan 26th, 2007, 10:18 AM
+ 1 more

TK Motorsports
8th & Wyandot (right off I-25 in Denver)
720-904-9040

They have a dyno and can do a custom map for you. :up:

+ 2 more

one map for optimal performance (liike i'll ever go there...) and another map with 5th and 6th gear fitted with an economy band between 7000 and 9000 RPM for long distance touring

--pciiiUSB unda da AUX tank--
yello sub henry :turtle:

Jenny
Fri Jan 26th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Fuel Moto DOES a custom map for your bike. When you purchase one from them you send them your bike info, modifications, etc. They custom map it just for you and ship for free! I got mine for 265, I'm not a big enough idiot to pay 300+ for a custom map from a local shop that may get me 2 HP at the most. :dunno:

If they're not using your bike, it's not a true custom map. There are other factors to consider than just what you mentioned. Different bikes (even same year, make & model) can still run differently. I don't agree that you'd have to be an idiot to pay for a custom map. Your way may be the "cheap" way but it's definitely not the "best" way. Good enough for you? Sure, and probably for some others. Good enough for everyone? Not a chance.

konichd
Fri Jan 26th, 2007, 12:11 PM
I guess everyone will see differently on this. Fuel Moto is a HUGE power commander dealer and have a vaste amount of resources at their disposal. Their maps are as "custom" as you can get and are reasonably priced. I doubt any Denver dealer has the experience or the wealth of knowledge that Fuel Moto has ammassed. :dunno:

If your a racer, is 300 bucks worth 2 extra HP? Probably....for most of us on this board your better off spending the 300 bucks on suspension, etc.

I find 300 dollars a little too steep for the average Joe to spend on a custom map. I will doubt ANY dealer in the denver area can squeeze out more than 2-3HP out of my bike with a custom map of their own. :)

~Barn~
Fri Jan 26th, 2007, 12:25 PM
I think the main thing to consider is that there can exist a pretty substancial difference between a map for a bike that plugs in:
X - pipe and Y - filter, and calls it good.

That to me, is a "modification specific" map that (don't get me wrong), certainly has it's value. But I also think it's a far cry to consider it in the same scope as a custom map though, wherein the bike is tuned at 1000 or 500 RPM intervals, to produce max horsepower throughout the entire rev-range, given the parts installed at that moment in time, on that specific bike.

Regardless, I think it's all misguided money for Joe-Streetrider, but if you're gonna bother at all, I would rather take bother #2 over bother #1 for the money. I mean... We're only talking a few extra bucks for a true "custom" map, as opposed to one that "is compatible with the following parts installed".

towneh
Fri Jan 26th, 2007, 01:01 PM
It all depends on what you want to do and what you're willing to do to get there....

x pipe is a SS/Ti Muzzy
PAIR has been capped
y filter is a BMC
airbox has been cleared via dremel and caulked
switched TRE has been applied.
--this was done at about 600 miles (shoulda done it earlier)

I'm different, I wanted an auxilary tank. the pipe replacement (stock 2 Muz) meant a loss of 28 pounds (which is equiv to almost 4 gallons of gas)
Had to pull the PAIR for the pipe to work right and a good breathing filter is a must to keep the flow balanced. 50 thousand miles and all around the country works for moi! Running 24 hours with fuel/potty stops ONLY is a performance issue too!

my .05 (inflation)
bus_henry

~Barn~
Fri Jan 26th, 2007, 01:04 PM
So Henry... After all that plumbing work, did you have adjust your f.i. at all, or just let the Bus` work itself out?

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Fri Jan 26th, 2007, 01:35 PM
~Barn~...When does the insurance/ticket issues go away so you can ride again? If it's soon, what are you looking at? The 1098 or the R1?

Back on subject...what would an average "Joe-Streetrider" experience with a good slip-on exhaust and a custom mapped PCIII? Being relatively new to the sportbike scene and not riding two identical bikes with one having these mods and one not, I'm not exactly sure what to expect? Again, not so much for the racer or consistent track day guy, but for the average "Joe-Streetrider"?

I would like to throw in some track days this year, but as of now I've only ran PMP once on a buddies GSXR600 for about 4 hours or so.

Thanks for the feedback.

towneh
Fri Jan 26th, 2007, 01:42 PM
halo Barn,

it was all within bounds (soft points were within the hardware config). the decision to cap the PAIR was made when TFOG identified the cause for the popping thru the exhaust -- lessons learned! I have been quite pleased with how the Bus has 'worked itself out" thru so many things!!!

--glad to be here--:hump:
henry

~Barn~
Fri Jan 26th, 2007, 02:03 PM
~Barn~...When does the insurance/ticket issues go away so you can ride again? If it's soon, what are you looking at? The 1098 or the R1?

Back on subject...what would an average "Joe-Streetrider" experience with a good slip-on exhaust and a custom mapped PCIII? Being relatively new to the streetbike scene and not riding two identical bikes with one having these mods and one not, I'm not exactly sure what to expect? Again, not so much for the racer or consistent track day guy, but for the average "Joe-Streetrider"?

I would like to throw in some track days this year, but as of now I've only ran PMP once on a buddies GSXR600 for about 4 hours or so.

Thanks for the feedback.

Man... I won't be riding a streetbike again, till early 2010. At least not in this country. :lol: And who knows what I'll be looking at at that point. Ducati has it's "art" back on the right track, so come that time, I'm sure there will be something luscious for me to drool over, and then again I'm a Yamaha whore. Unless their designers start missing the map in the upcoming years, they'll certainly have my attention too. But really, who knows.

I'm sure somebody else will field your other (on topic) question with a good answer, but the short answer, is basically if you wanna just put on a slip-on for the looks/sound/whatever, there is no reason to PC it at all. The bike will figure it out just fine, and the cost of the custom map would be no-where near justified. Hope that helps. :up:

towneh
Fri Jan 26th, 2007, 06:47 PM
.....the short answer, is basically if you wanna just put on a slip-on for the looks/sound/whatever, there is no reason to PC it at all. The bike will figure it out just fine, and the cost of the custom map would be no-where near justified. Hope that helps. :up:

the "tilde" Barn "tilde" is absolutely right....
<<<<< if its just sound and/or appearance ..... save yer $ >>>>>

bus_henry:turtle: (i did it for range...)

rinn
Fri Feb 9th, 2007, 03:50 PM
http://www.motomummy.com/dynojet.html

best prices I've found and free shipping so beats the places around here

plentmo
Sat Mar 3rd, 2007, 11:17 PM
My main objective is to get rid of the flat spot around 8k rpms, but some more power all around can never hurt, especially at this altitude. Hopefully gonna make a purchase around march.

I can attest to rapid bike and SR Tuning as well in the Springs. PCIII has been used widely here in the states but Rapid Bike has it's fame in Europe. You are capable of doing more tuning with the Rapid Bike than the PCIII and you will gain greater performance. The numbers do not lie. With all things being equal (bike, rider, tuning and conditions) the Rapid Bike will blow the doors off the PCIII.

Be careful of purchasing off ebay...it is cheap but it could be counterfit or more likely the seller bought a Rapid Bike.