PDA

View Full Version : 295 users?!?!

Fly boy
Fri Jan 5th, 2007, 10:46 AM
I don't know if its hacking software stuff but, 241 guests? Have you guys checked that out.

mtnairlover
Sat Jan 6th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Hacking software and data mining software can be malicious stuff. I've been getting spam in one of my e-mail accounts since x-mas day. I never get spam. The online e-mail accounts that I have do a damn good job of weeding that stuff out. But, on New Year's Eve, I got a spam that contained the New Year virus. And, it wasn't sent once, but several times on New Year's Eve and day.

rforsythe
Sat Jan 6th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Hacking software and data mining software can be malicious stuff. I've been getting spam in one of my e-mail accounts since x-mas day. I never get spam. The online e-mail accounts that I have do a damn good job of weeding that stuff out. But, on New Year's Eve, I got a spam that contained the New Year virus. And, it wasn't sent once, but several times on New Year's Eve and day.

To your hotmail email address by chance? That one is listed under your MSN chat settings in your public profile. We do hide email addresses of our members, but can't do much if they get posted in other areas.

We get a lot of "guest" accounts on here. I think (but am not sure) that the new version of the forum software will let me break down what they are, since a lot of times those are just search engine bots like Googlebot crawling the public-viewable pages.

mtnairlover
Sat Jan 6th, 2007, 03:57 PM
No, it was actually my Yahoo. Those will both be deleted here shortly. I let my guard down for a while sometimes and then get blasted with stuff only to remind me that I can't let my guard down ever.

Another remdinder for all of us I guess: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16397770/?GT1=8921

Mel
Sat Jan 6th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Another remdinder for all of us I guess: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16397770/?GT1=8921

Yeah, that is EXACTLY why my MySpace page and PhotoBucket accounts are made private and, in the case of MySpace, only accessable by people whom I approve. Still not fool proof, but to me, it weeds out the weirdos...but it all comes back to: if you don't want it getting out, don't post it.