PDA

View Full Version : First Round AMA SX live now!

FZRguy
Sat Jan 6th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Live coverage of Anaheim 1 on Speed began at 8 and goes til 11:30.

Spiderman
Sun Jan 7th, 2007, 01:20 AM
Some exciting crashes, that's for sure! :rock:

R1chie
Sun Jan 7th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Can you say Bubba scrub. I wish they sold it by the gallon.

FZRguy
Sun Jan 7th, 2007, 08:48 PM
…and Reed once again gets the he-man award for riding with a broken shoulder. I wish that dude could stay healthy.

R1chie
Mon Jan 8th, 2007, 05:21 PM
…and Reed once again gets the he-man award for riding with a broken shoulder. I wish that dude could stay healthy.

I do feel for him, as long as Ricky and Bubba race, he would always be 3rd place. I think now, if Bubba doesn't crash, he will win. (In this event he did crash and still win). Look for Villapoto in the lights class to be the next Ricky. It was the Ricky show, I think it is going to be the Bubba show, it would be nice to see riders that were closer in speed for closer more exciting racing. The last 3 years the lights (125 class) has been way more exciting

dallas
Mon Jan 8th, 2007, 07:24 PM
I would like to see Bubba ride with a little more control on the track. He is fast and he does have more talent than I could ever dream of. I just think he is a little too reckless and needs to ride a little more heads up when he is still in the pack.

BigE
Mon Jan 8th, 2007, 08:21 PM
I would like to see Bubba ride with a little more control on the track. He is fast and he does have more talent than I could ever dream of. I just think he is a little too reckless and needs to ride a little more heads up when he is still in the pack.

Agree, but he's only in the pack for the first straight or two... then of course, about the fifth lap when he starts lapping people. :crazy:
We (boy and me) were bummed that Nate Ramsey didn't make the main. He got a lousy start in the lcq but ended getting 3rd after being in 15th or something. Met him last year at Fay Myers autograph day and he is a very cool and nice guy, hope the move to the 450 starts to come around soon.
Our other fave is Ivan Tedesco who also put in some good laps while injured (3 broken bones in his hand).
Kind of a bummer to know already that if Bubba keeps it on the rubber side he's going to take the series, Hopefully Reed and Ivan will give him a run for the money every once in awhile and hopefully stay healthy.

R1chie
Tue Jan 9th, 2007, 10:25 AM

Ricky was a crasher when he first started the 250 class and it took him some time to figure it out. It is taking Bubba longer to learn that you can't win championships by crashing and getting hurt but I think he is catching on. Bubba showed great restraint in the MX Des Nations. He wanted to beat Everts bad and passed him a couple times, then was told to settle down and he did. I think it will just take some time, hopefully he does not get hurt bad in the process.

I still hope Ricky can beat Bubba in the next few races. Anahiem has never been a good track for Ricky in the opening race.

dallas
Tue Jan 9th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Ricky was a crasher when he first started the 250 class and it took him some time to figure it out.

It seems to me that Bubba is carrying over his recklessness from the 125 class.

R1chie
Tue Jan 9th, 2007, 03:02 PM
It seems to me that Bubba is carrying over his recklessness from the 125 class.

I don't remember him crashing in the 125s. He dominated that class "James has 11 career 125 wins. If he should win the shootout he would tie Brian Swink, Damon Huffman and Ernesto Fonseca for second on the all time 125 win list. Jeremy McGrath is the leader with 13."

He wasn't know as a crasher on his 80cc either "After that first moto, Stewart didn’t lose again—not only for the rest of the week, but for the rest of his Loretta Lynn’s career! As a result, he set a record of 23 moto wins in a row from 1998 to 2001 that stands today."

"In 2004, James dominated both 125cc supercross and motocross like no one ever had before, and he was ready to move up to the premier class to create the “perfect storm.” After a fifth-place at the mud-infested Anaheim 1—his 250cc-class debut—James went to Phoenix and crashed his KX250 hard in practice, breaking his arm and ending his hopes for a 250cc SX championship. He came back and grabbed some wins, but again, the damage was done."

As I remember, he didn't start crashing till he started racing Ricky in the 250 class and even then he didn't crash that much but when he did it was bad. He dominated the 125 class and now he will dominate the 250 class if he doesn't crash. If Ricky quits racing then Bubba has no competition and will not have to ride on the edge and risk crashing.

I have always thought James was faster than Ricky (but just because you are faster does not mean you win races, you must pull it all together) I have seen Ricky carry James speed (but at what risk?) Ricky learned early that pushing James into a mistake or waiting for him to crash was easier than riding on the ragged edge. James has such an intense desire to prove to everyone he is faster that it clouds his judgement and he crashes and in the end proves he is not the fastest.

dallas
Tue Jan 9th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Ok, ok, I don't have any fancy stats or anything. I will admit it, I just don't care for James Stewart very much. He is a great rider, I just think he is too reckless.

R1chie
Tue Jan 9th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Ok, ok, I don't have any fancy stats or anything. I will admit it, I just don't care for James Stewart very much. He is a great rider, I just think he is too reckless.

I figured you didn't care for him. When Ricky first came on the scene, I didn't like him, he was a cocky snot nose brat. He has matured into a seasoned professional rider on and off the track an in front of the camera. Even though Ricky is superior stat wise, I think McGrath did more for the sport and gave it a spectator friendly face lift that put Supercross on the map.

James Stewart had some tude when he started and it rubbed a lot of people the wrong way (including me) but you have to cut these kids some slack because they just don't have the social experience (Mike Allesi comes to mind). I remember when Chad Reed said that James was not that fast, James took the holeshot, slowed, allowed Chad to pass him and get some time on him then speed up, and pass Chad back over a jump in a big ole Bubba scrub whip while he stared down Chad. That was pretty immature and James image suffered for it. But there are other reasons. Some people don't like James because they fear blacks are going to dominate yet another sport.

Me, I like Stewart but I would just like to see closer racing, more passes back and forth, that is what makes it exciting for me, no matter who wins. That is why the 125 class has been my favorite class instead of the Rick show in the 250.

I just want America to win the MX Des Nations and this year it is here in the US. I am going to see it, need to make reservation for hotel and airfair. You should really try to make it Dallas.

FZRguy
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 01:32 PM
I hope you guys caught the San Francisco race. It was a great race to watch.

R1chie
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 02:27 PM
I hope you guys caught the San Francisco race. It was a great race to watch.

I did, that was one tough slippery track. The top 3 all made mistakes, only Ricky was able to keep on top the bike when he made his.