PDA

View Full Version : My take on the MRA School weekend

Bigtime73
Mon Apr 5th, 2004, 03:49 PM
BTW, is there anymore pics from this weekend besides the ones up already?? :|

This weekend was very exciting to say the least. I met some great people, enjoyed what I love to do most with my bike and that is to be a better motorcycle rider. On the track is where I feel that will happen. Enjoyed the classroom time with Mark from Vanmar racing. Learned a little on the lines around SCR. My group leader was Jim Brewer. Everytime we'd come to a corner, he'd point out where to hit it. That helped a TON!!

Jim Brewer helped me with my suspension. Had McBain redo my forks, but Jim helped me dial them in for SCR. I still had some front end chatter, but 1. it was cold, 2. I was hauling into the house turn sometimes and 3. I could probably fix my body positioning which would help get rid of rider input into the steering while turning.

I don't know where I placed in the moch race, but I do know that I learned a lot in those 8 laps than I have in a long time by just canyon carving.

There are so many variables to deal with, Breaking reference points, when to use your brakes and when not to(The turn before the rats nest is a great time to not use your brakes). Finding a piece of varmit turd for your turning reference point or anything close to so you can know when to turn in. Seriously though, I learned a ton!! I had a blast

like I said, I don't know what place I came in the moch race, but I don't care, I passed, I was safe and I had a blast!!

I can't wait to get out there again...
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/uploads/SCR1.jpg

jrok929
Mon Apr 5th, 2004, 04:04 PM
"Do u smell what the Rock is cooking?"...or "shall I throw the smack down on yer candy a$$?"

Good job Biggz!

I`m Batman
Tue Apr 6th, 2004, 07:29 AM
"Do u smell what the Rock is cooking?"...or "shall I throw the smack down on yer candy a$$?"

i was just about to say the same thing.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: nice pic tho. :D

MR2FAST
Tue Apr 6th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Big Tuba,
Meng you dwarf that bike! I hope your ride doesn't give up carring you and move over to team Skinny! :lol:
Congrats on the school man, hope you do well this year, we will probably come out to a few events, I will stop by and say "hi"!