PDA

View Full Version : Fork swap

motaboy
Wed Apr 7th, 2004, 03:12 PM
I need some help swapping out my forks. I don't have a lift and the space to really do the job by myself. Unfortunately I don't have the ability to transport the bike because I rolled my truck in January but I could possibly arrange something.

Thanks,
motaboy

F.Y.I. Im in Fort Collins with a limited radius of travel.

The GECCO
Wed Apr 7th, 2004, 03:24 PM
what kind of bike? is it rideable now?

motaboy
Wed Apr 7th, 2004, 03:36 PM
its rideable but not legal unfortunately.

Dysco
Wed Apr 7th, 2004, 03:41 PM
How 'not legal'?

motaboy
Wed Apr 7th, 2004, 06:03 PM
its not legal because I dropped my bike before I got it registered.

Khalid 171
Wed Apr 7th, 2004, 09:43 PM
What kind of bike is it? Are you just swapping forks? If you are just swapping forks, than I can help you, but if you are doing anything internally on them, than I can't help you. It is a fairly easy job. I just took off my forks the other day, and took me about 20 mins, but my plastics were already off so it made it quicker. But yeah just let me know.

motaboy
Thu Apr 8th, 2004, 03:46 PM
it's a '93 Kawi ninja zx-6. The plastics are already off and it's just a swap no internal work, just need some help getting the forks off when the bike is still on the ground.

And I've seen you around fort, very nice R1

Khalid 171
Thu Apr 8th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Thanks man. Yeah I can help you. Pm me when you want to do it. I won't be around this weekend, but anytime in the evening next week will be fine. I don't have a tripple tree stand. I am borrowing one right now for my bike, but as soon as I am done, I am going to return it, but we can do it without one, if we are just going to swap out the forks right there. We just have to be creative. :idea: Let me know.

motaboy
Fri Apr 9th, 2004, 07:17 PM
That sounds great if you saw it will only take half an hour then we could get it done any week night. The only possible night that might be a problem would be Tuesday because I get off work at 5:30, but let me know what works best for you.

Thanks again
motaboy

motaboy
Fri Apr 9th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Correction I ment say not saw

Khalid 171
Fri Apr 9th, 2004, 08:29 PM
That sounds great if you saw it will only take half an hour then we could get it done any week night. The only possible night that might be a problem would be Tuesday because I get off work at 5:30, but let me know what works best for you.

Thanks again
motaboy
Any night works for me, but figure an hour or so, just incase. You never but it is better to think it will take longer and finish earlier. We can use my buddies garage, PmanCBR and green21. I haven't asked them yet, but I am sure they don't mind. Just let me know what night works best for you. After 6:30 or 7:00 will be best for me, because I usally don't get out of work until then.

motaboy
Sun Apr 11th, 2004, 07:51 PM
How does Wed. night sound? I might be able to get a buddy to load up the bike in his truck after work but if I can't then I can't really transport the bike anywhere, is that cool?

motaboy

motaboy
Sun Apr 11th, 2004, 07:55 PM
also I have a garage at my place, so we can do the work indoors but I might not have all the tools so let me know which garage would be best.

Thanks,
motaboy