PDA

View Full Version : Icon TiMax Mesh...any good? Speedmaster pants?

Sparker
Wed Apr 7th, 2004, 11:46 PM
Any opinions on this would be great. Im looking for a summer riding jacket and the JR Phoenix just doesnt give me ease of mind if i were to go down. Also looking to get some speedmaster pants for track use and canyons. Again any input would be great.

KooLaid
Wed Apr 7th, 2004, 11:52 PM
JR reactor jacket, the half leather, half mesh, fully vented is a good jacket. I have one of those. Lasted many hard miles. I'm not a fan of the Icon Ti-Max, they bunch up on your back into a hump back. Not sure if it can acommadate a back protector, but that would fix that. Another nice one is the JR one with the removable panels, it goes from waterproof to mesh in a quick zip.

King Nothing
Wed Apr 7th, 2004, 11:54 PM
the JR one is the Altar Ego, i just bought mine last week and I like it a lot! Tons of options, not to metion zippers :D

King Nothing
Wed Apr 7th, 2004, 11:57 PM
alTER ego http://joerocket.com/catalog/item.cfm?products_id=127

Sparker
Wed Apr 7th, 2004, 11:57 PM
yea for the price i like the reactor. cant go wrong with JR. and that way it would still zip onto the pants.

KooLaid
Thu Apr 8th, 2004, 12:02 AM
well most all these mesh jackets and highly vented only have rear zippers. Now there is the ballistic 2 piece from JR that so many shops have for clearance for about $150, that has a full zip around, venting options, AND kneesliders.

Sparker
Thu Apr 8th, 2004, 12:02 AM
the Alter Ego is just a little more jacket than what i want out of it. kinda looking for something as light as possible but still strong. thanx for the input.

any input on speedmaster pants? worth the $280 tag?