PDA

View Full Version : Long Break

Bugkiller1
Wed Jan 24th, 2007, 03:30 PM
This is by far the longest break from riding I have ever taken in the short ten years I have been on road bikes. Well over a month now. Whats really bothering me is that on top of not riding, my bike will not turn over. Got it hooked up to a tender and it still wont start. I think I may have fouled a plug trying to breathe some life into it in my garage. Hope that works or I will be forced to get a 1098. If you think there is a possible solution other than replacing the plugs, im all ears.

Neil

~Barn~
Wed Jan 24th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Dammit Neil. Why exactly do you and I have identical taste in motorcycles?
:lol:

denverbusa
Wed Jan 24th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Back of the line Neil that 1098 is mine! Unless Mark S. beats us to one. I think the Tri-Color might be nice to have in the garage.

I agree on this fucked up weather pattern. When was the last time snow stuck around for more than a week except in the shade.:scream1:

Hope you get the bike going soon even if it will just be sitting for a while longer for the roads to thaw out and get dusted off.

Mark

Bugkiller1
Thu Jan 25th, 2007, 07:30 AM
I had my name on a 1098 at Fay Meyers. They wanted a down payment and i just could not do it without sitting on the bike first.

Knuckle Dragger
Thu Jan 25th, 2007, 08:06 AM
This happened to my buddies CBR when we took the carbs apart we found the float stuck after being exposed to some warm air we put it back togeather and fired right up, no problems since, could be worth a try.

denverbusa
Thu Jan 25th, 2007, 08:28 AM
See below. I am planning on going to this. My hope is that I will succumb to sales pressure, they are serving drinks so is shouldn't be to hard to blame the alcohol. God I love this mid life crisis crap! I wonder how long I can use it for an excuse?

I thought you were looking at that Hypermotard?

Ducati 1098 Superbike Unveiling Party

http://www.ericomotorsports.com/images/home-1098.jpg
Join us at 7PM on Saturday, February 10Th for the unveiling of Ducati’s new 1098 Superbike.

As the highest performance Ducati street bike ever made, the 1098 will dominate both the road and track with it’s race-derived innovations and benchmark performance. Affirming Ducati’s spot at the forefront of motorcycling technology, the 1098 must be experienced to be believed. If you haven’t had the chance to see the 1098, now is your chance. This eagerly awaited arrival of the 1098 signifies the beginning of this incredible bike’s invasion of North American roads. Come celebrate with Erico Motorsports. Cocktails & hors d’oeuvres will be served. Please RSVP to: jenl@ericomotorsports.com (jenl@ericomotorsports.com)

denverbusa
Thu Jan 25th, 2007, 08:38 AM
This happened to my buddies CBR when we took the carbs apart we found the float stuck after being exposed to some warm air we put it back togeather and fired right up, no problems since, could be worth a try.

I dont think your "floats" are stuck since you don't have any but if your garage is cold you could have some condensation build-up freezing up the fuel line. We don't have the best winterization habits here where we can USUALLY ride all FUCKING winter long.:cry:

I haven't tried to start up the Duc yet but Chester gets the Busa warmed up every few weeks. Plus his garage isn't too cold. Wish I could have gotten the Duc over there before the snows hit.

Maybe see ya at the 1098 party. Could we hope for weather warm enough to ride to it?

Bugkiller1
Thu Jan 25th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Very cool. I'll be there.

~Barn~
Thu Jan 25th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Beer and bike unveilings. That pretty much sounds like a credit app, waiting to happen. I love Jenny.

crazycam31
Thu Jan 25th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Finally got out and rode a little bit today.... The roads are still soaked and potholed all-to-hell in some places but it was good to be back on two wheels. My bike is filthy and now I have to figure out a way to get it cleaned up.... :banghead: Well worth it though.

Mel
Thu Jan 25th, 2007, 07:16 PM
I still want that 1098...probably good I can't make the unveiling party, I might molest it. :angel:

beavisr1
Fri Jan 26th, 2007, 05:11 PM
You guys are telling me.... The day after I got my bike back from its Major Engine Mods it has been either too cold to ride or snowy. I would love to break it in right but my driveway faces north and so does the street. If I could just make it to simms I would be GOOD! But then agan there is all the sand on the roads making it "FUN" to corner LOL

denverbusa
Thu Feb 8th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Tuesday night I got out about an hour before sunset and tooled around a little. Even went by the Conoco and up the hill just for fun. Don't know what was worse, the gravel, the melt off (turned to ice), or all the deer in the road. It was great to get out though.

7:00 pm start for the 1098 unveiling might make the return trip too late to ride down there. You want to meet up for a beer and a bite down town about 5:00? I'll call Mark see if he wants to come down too.

Bugkiller1
Thu Feb 8th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Yeah... i'm for sure gonna be there with my girlfriend. I cant wait. I found this 1098s on Ebay at a great price...

~Barn~
Thu Feb 8th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Why don't they wait.... Even just a little bit.... Before wading one.
:cry:

Mel
Thu Feb 8th, 2007, 04:17 PM
:cry: that is sooo sad! How many miles were on it before it was wadded? Nice find for sure!

Bugkiller1
Thu Mar 8th, 2007, 08:20 AM
As im sure your all wondering (yeah right) I got my bike finally fired up. You would think that I would have checked the fuse box first, but I decided to do that last... so yeah, that was it; a blown ignition fuse. Good thing it was time to change plugs out, replace battery, clean air filter, change oil, lube up cables and do a throttle sync anyway.