PDA

View Full Version : Racing 2 Save Lives - General Meeting - Tues April 24th!

rforsythe
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Edit: This will be our last General Meeting before the MMP event! We'll be doing hands-on training with the Registration, Tech, and hopefully Silent Auction computer systems, so people volunteering in these capacities in particular during the event should come!

We'd love to see all volunteers there to give last minute news and answer questions, go over the event logistics one last time, etc!

------------

We'd like to invite everyone to come to our next R2SL General Meeting, Tuesday April 24th at 7pm. If you're interested in helping us out or even just want to learn more, this is the place to be! Many CSC members are volunteering already to help make our 2007 events even better, and we look forward to seeing even more of you Tuesday!

Where: Fay Myers (Arapahoe Rd, just east of I-25) in the upstairs conference room. Special door for this room is to the right of the main entrance.

Hope to see you there!

Dysco
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Wooohooo! YAY! HYPE!

I totally promise to totally remember this one again. (Call me if I'm not there at 6:45)

relucas
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 01:36 PM
OK, help me out 'cause I'm new....

What's R2SL? :?

I only ask 'cause I live fairly close and can probably make it. :)

Dysco
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Show up and we'll introduce you to the coolest way to help charity kids you ever never thought of.

DevilsTonic
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 02:00 PM
OK, help me out 'cause I'm new....

What's R2SL? :?

I only ask 'cause I live fairly close and can probably make it. :)Racing to Save Lives check it out! http://www.racing2savelives.org/

relucas
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Fay Myers on Tuesday at 7...I'll be there! :)

eklew
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 05:58 PM
If I can't make it, can I still get more info on volunteering?

HDave
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Whats the fees for this here good time? Now that I moves to SLC its not too far from home.

rforsythe
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 08:18 PM
If I can't make it, can I still get more info on volunteering?

Sure! Just email volunteers@racing2savelives.org and we'll get you going.

rforsythe
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Whats the fees for this here good time? Now that I moves to SLC its not too far from home.

Registration (and by extension, pricing) will be on our website Thursday Feb 1st. :up:

HDave
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 07:00 PM
ok, but are we talking couple hund or less or more? Just looking for a rough figure so I can commit to a group before reg.

Thanks D

rforsythe
Thu Feb 1st, 2007, 10:14 AM
ok, but are we talking couple hund or less or more? Just looking for a rough figure so I can commit to a group before reg.

Thanks D

Depends on how much you ride... It'll be on our website later today! :)

Sully
Thu Feb 1st, 2007, 10:28 AM
So HDave.. got some extra sleeping room for 2 REALLY HOT CHICKS ??

Dysco
Fri Feb 2nd, 2007, 06:15 AM
It's Feb 2nd and I can't find the info. It'd be nice to have for pimping purposes. :up:

Archangel
Sat Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:50 AM
Registration has gone live.

Polar X
Sat Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:09 AM
WTF:x why is there not a 1 price for the whole 4 days of riding discount like last year? Last year was $500 for all the sessions your rear could take. THAT was a good deal and a great way to entice riders to sign up (IMHO) any reason for not doing it this year?:dunno:

rforsythe
Sat Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:28 AM
WTF:x why is there not a 1 price for the whole 4 days of riding discount like last year? Last year was $500 for all the sessions your rear could take. THAT was a good deal and a great way to entice riders to sign up (IMHO) any reason for not doing it this year?:dunno:

It's still there, just apparently not spelled out as clearly. I'll fix it.

Dysco
Sat Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:55 AM
w00P! Dysco gots a jacuzzi room at the best western!

I may or may not be a little excited about this...

rforsythe
Sat Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:14 PM
Thanks to everyone who came to our general meeting! We had a packed room, and many people want to volunteer for R2SL. We'll announce our next meeting ASAP and hope to see even more of you there. Even if you can't volunteer but want to learn more about what we do, please come to these meetings! They are open to anyone interested in R2SL.

Also thanks to Salt Wall from Here's Life Inner City Denver, one of the charities we have helped from Day 1. He came by with some of the kids their organization supports and spoke for about 15 minutes on how they help to make a true difference - and how the work of our volunteers, and the contributions of our participants, makes that possible. It was a great way to start the meeting! R2SL was able to contribute a full fifth of their operating budget in 2006, which is a major accomplishment. Anyone who helped or rode last year should feel proud of this fact, and we look forward to continuing to support this great group of people in their cause.

rforsythe
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 08:49 PM
Edited for our next meeting date! We get more people in there every time, and it's *awesome* to see so many people with such dedication to this effort. Hope to see YOU there!

Dysco
Fri Feb 23rd, 2007, 08:55 AM
Hooray! More hype! w00P1!

All your auction items are belong to...

The kiddos.

konichd
Fri Feb 23rd, 2007, 12:12 PM
Why can't we hold these at Brecks? :dunno:

Its hard for some of us to make it all the way over to Arapahoe county by 7 pm on a weekday. :)

rforsythe
Fri Feb 23rd, 2007, 12:20 PM
Why can't we hold these at Brecks? :dunno:

Its hard for some of us to make it all the way over to Arapahoe county by 7 pm on a weekday. :)

We tried. The room is too noisy to hear stuff well.

rforsythe
Mon Mar 26th, 2007, 09:14 PM
First post edited, our next general meeting is this Tuesday the 27th!

Whether you want to volunteer (or already do) or just want to learn more about R2SL, we welcome everyone at these meetings!

rforsythe
Sat Mar 31st, 2007, 06:58 PM
First post edited, last meeting before the MMP event is Tuesday April 24th!

Dizzy D
Sun Apr 22nd, 2007, 02:01 PM
This is the last meeting before Utah. I hope to see everyone there!

clustermagnet
Fri Jan 25th, 2008, 04:08 PM
hey, when does registration for 2008 VIR open up? :)

rybo
Fri Jan 25th, 2008, 05:39 PM
hey, when does registration for 2008 VIR open up? :)

Soon! Probably March-ish.

Heard you might be selling the bike, are you getting a new one?

clustermagnet
Fri Jan 25th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Soon! Probably March-ish.

Heard you might be selling the bike, are you getting a new one?

bike stays. I would be willing to do a head to head swap for a 05+ 600 or SV650. with comparable parts...

:music: