PDA

View Full Version : Joke on me

pauliep
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 11:23 AM
So last week on Weds I rode my bike to work. Expecting a nice warm day to be riding back home off work. Well it was cold as hell that morning. Brorrowed some cold weather gloves because someone (you know who you are!) has mine and rode out. Got to work with a half frost bite right hand but happy none the less that I got to get on my bike and ride. Normal boring day at work. Getting read to go home I'm at my bike trying to get it start. I posted last week about having a problem with it not starting. Managed to catch someone to give me a ride home and left the bike at work. The next day I am still having problems starting the bike and decide to deal with it during the weekend or next week because I got a car later that day. Friday I drive to work not planning to work on the bike because I was going to be at a funeral detail all day. Come back from the funeral, changed out of my dress blues, and head to the parking to go home. Well I get to my car and see a post-it on my driver side window.

"Don't worry about your GSXR, it's safe. Bring $300,000,000.00 Feb 3 12:00pm if you want it back"

I turn to look were my bike is parked and of course it's not there. I look all around the parking lot thinking it's got to be close. The battery isn't even connected and won't start. I'm thinking, "fuck I need to start locking the damn handle bars." Which is rediculas because it's parked right here on base in front of my building. So I'm thinking it was either my boss or one of the other two guys in my office that weren't at the funeral today. I shrug it off as a practical joke. It's in a safe place. If I can't see it outside then it must be somewhere where it's not going to be outside in the snow over the weekend. I come home with a package at the front door. My power commander that I ordered came. Of course I'm excited to get this. I got a great deal on it. Half the retail price for still being in the packageing. But what good is a PC if I don't have a bike. By Sunday I'm already perturbed by the situation. I'm thinking, "Who fucks with someone's bike?!" You don't mess with someone's car and you don't mess with someone's bike. It's like Man Law number one. So I get to work today. I walk in the office and Ben, one of the guys in the office, mentions that SgtMaj want's to see me in his office. I'm thinking he heard I got a car and wants to tell me he doesn't want to hear excuses for shit now or something.
I walk into the office and see my bike right there in front of his desk. It also has a post-it on it. SgtMaj asks me what this motorcycle is doing in his office. I lean over and look at the note and it says

"SgtMaj, will you fix my bike please, Love Sgt Petry"

I begin to tell the SgtMaj that last week I rode my bike to work and that Friday it was missing along with a post-it on my window about a ransom and that this must have been part of the practical joke on me. He begins talking to me about safey and asking if I've taken the safety course yet. I barely could keep a straight face seeing my bike in his office. I didn't know what to think weither the joke was more on him then on me because he left in the middle of last week to go golfing in SoCal. The military guys on the board might find this a little funny, if knowing who the SgtMaj is.

Sully
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 11:32 AM
I'm thinking your :slappers:.. and ... that is all...

pauliep
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 11:34 AM
i want my gloves

Sully
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 11:39 AM
BITE ME..

64BonnieLass
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 11:47 AM
OMG...that is so funny Paul. Just classic. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall for that lil meeting. ha ha ha ha ha ha.

snatfinder
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 12:30 PM
would have pissed me off. How did the person know they wouldn't fuck up your bike in the process of moving it?
It's all good now, but imagine if you walked into his office and your bike was on its side.

pauliep
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Well one of the master mind's behind the ordeal always talks to me about how he used to have an old 90's something GSX-R 600.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Good stuff man...that's funny as hell.

Bat
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 04:22 PM
:spit: Best (and horrible) practical joke I've heard of in a long time.

I was picturing Animal House and the horse while I was reading it...hope they didn't have to saw anything off your bike. ;)

T-byrd
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Damn! Why didn't I think to demand a ransom for your gloves? :lol:

pauliep
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 05:00 PM
wana bring those by tonight?

leviathin
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 05:02 PM
thats awsome

T-byrd
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 05:51 PM
wana bring those by tonight?

You'll see when you get home that I dropped them off already...but I'm letting Max play with them. :lol:

pauliep
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 05:55 PM
You'll see when you get home that I dropped them off already...but I'm letting Max play with them. :lol:

what the hell... I've been home. I didn't hear you...

T-byrd
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 06:01 PM
I was there after 1:30, good attack person you are. :roll:

pauliep
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 06:02 PM
oh, I didn't home till 5

Sully
Tue Jan 30th, 2007, 10:19 AM
She sneaky like Ninja... hehehe !!! :

Cat118!
Tue Jan 30th, 2007, 03:17 PM
hahaa LOVE IT!

Knuckle Dragger
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 08:07 AM
As an old SFC that is some funny sh!t there, would have loved to see that. But hey your bike was safe and out of the weather, now do you have the sack to ask SGM if the bike was fixed and if not why they were so slow.

pauliep
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 11:51 AM
haha, it's too late to ask now

Sully
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 11:58 AM
Did you get your bike started ?

pauliep
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 04:01 PM
i got it started by jumping it off a my car. after taking the jumper cables it stops running right away. So I managed to get the battery out today and have it hooked up to a charger for over night.

M-18Taser
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 04:52 PM
HA HA thats funny stuff there! Myself and a couple of co-workers do the same kind of things.... but we take office supplies & chairs.... and then send the person ransom e-mail photos of their stuff... ahhh good times!

pauliep
Mon Feb 26th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Update:
So the SgtMaj was going to his classes for when he gets out of the Service and they filled up his office with balloons while he was gone, lol
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3232&stc=1&d=1172516668

Suki
Mon Feb 26th, 2007, 12:52 PM
lol, looks like fun!

leviathin
Mon Feb 26th, 2007, 03:50 PM
my military carreer was somewhat different then yours i think

Brizz
Mon Feb 26th, 2007, 04:34 PM
I was thinking the same thing...........