PDA

View Full Version : Lets go riding!

PinaColadaJT
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 01:58 AM
So when the weather is good what days of the week does everybody meet up because i work most mornings other than sunday at gradprix motorsports, and I would love to meet up with you all weekly.

denverbusa
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 06:45 AM
Saturday and Sunday mornings at the Morrison Connoco. C470 and Morrison road near Bandimere is the local meeting area. 9 ~ 10 AM depending on the time of year and temps.

Look forward to meeting you. Keep an eye on this or the So. Ctrl. forum when the weather turns a little warmer for details.

Mark

N1KSS1KS1x
Fri Feb 2nd, 2007, 07:28 PM
Lets load umm up and head for some warmth in the sun. Where are the closest warm wheather tracks this time of year ? Arizona ?

dillinger09
Tue Feb 6th, 2007, 09:11 AM
alright, im picking up my '06 R6 tonight and the weather looks like it will allow alittle ride time! which is excellent as i need to get the 500 mi. break-in out of the way so i can get her ready for the track:rock:

N1KSS1KS1x
Tue Feb 6th, 2007, 07:38 PM
^ Congats!! What color did you get,Where did ya get how much and did you get gear and can you post some pics ? Oh And Welcome. Is this your first bike. Sorry I just love new shit
Check out the R6messagenet it's a hella chill spot.

CanyonCarver
Wed Feb 7th, 2007, 05:53 PM
wow I am picking up my new Sv1000S from the dealer sat. My break in period is 600miles what gives? I am soooo down for a cruise!

Bueller
Wed Feb 7th, 2007, 06:11 PM
My break in period is 600miles what gives?

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

CanyonCarver
Wed Feb 7th, 2007, 09:18 PM
you actualyl think that works?

N1KSS1KS1x
Wed Feb 7th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Yes
Very good read.
I've done alot of automotive machine work and totally agree with everything said. I've done alot drag car motors and there aint no break in time on race motors

Bueller
Thu Feb 8th, 2007, 05:12 AM
Yes, it makes sense, and thats how I do all my engine break ins, FWIW.
The best thing you could do is pick it up with a trailer and haul it over to TK and have them do a Dyno break in on it. Take it home, do an oil change and ride the piss out of it.

There's a very small window of opportunity to get the rings to seal really well ... the first 20 miles !!