PDA

View Full Version : Anybody up for a little ride on manday or tuesday?

PinaColadaJT
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 02:04 AM
I have been looking at the weather and those look like that best days we are going 2 get and I wanted to see who is up for meeting me monday or tuesday morning in morrison?

Joel

Sully
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 09:55 AM
:wtf:...

DevilsTonic
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 10:42 AM
Too much gravel, ice and water for canyons IMO...we could all go hang out at the shell station. ;) :lol:

Sully
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 10:56 AM
SWEET :up:... I can try and be a poser... ..............nah.. The Shell makes me feel.... so dirty...

konichd
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 11:06 AM
I thought it was DK who made you feel dirty? ;)

Good luck with the Morrison Conoco next week. Like Watson said your going to get about 100 yrds up and it will be nothing but a gravel road until spring. :(

Sully
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 11:15 AM
ooohh.. you're such a dirty boy DK.. especially with the things you make me do while I'm on my knees... you're a bad, bad boy DK.. ;)

PinaColadaJT
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 11:49 AM
So is that a yes on meeting or what? Gravel is a problem but just looking to meet some of u and go for a little ride

DevilsTonic
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 11:53 AM
You could come to Brecks tonight. I think a couple people will be there. I will be there at 7ish after kickboxing.

PinaColadaJT
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 12:04 PM
Wish I could tonight but I am in school till 930 tonight...ya it blows

konichd
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 12:44 PM
So is that a yes on meeting or what? Gravel is a problem but just looking to meet some of u and go for a little ride

Its a "no" for me since I work, but I think our going to have problems even riding around town at this point with all the gravel, pot holes, etc.

I guess for me the risk is worth the adventure at this point. :)

But if your itchin' to get out, fire it up!

konichd
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 12:45 PM
ooohh.. you're such a dirty boy DK.. especially with the things you make me do while I'm on my knees... you're a bad, bad boy DK.. ;)

I will hold your hair away from your face so you can watch the UFC fight also.......who says DK isn't a gentleman? ;)

Sully
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 02:18 PM
Awww.. that's so sweet of you.. will you also supply me with Lip Gloss, Whipped Cream and Listerine ? :makeout:

And it's also a NO for me too, PinaColadaJT...

Bueller
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 04:48 PM
Sand yes, water flows in the corners, that may be frozen, makes for a very short nasty ride. Your best bet is to ride a little in town and bide your time until warmer temps, closer to the coveted turn of the season.
I like to ride as much if not more than anyone but you are asking for a totaled bike running the canyons this time of year.

Dysco
Fri Feb 2nd, 2007, 07:22 AM
Sand yes, water flows in the corners, that may be frozen, makes for a very short nasty ride. Your best bet is to ride a little in town and bide your time until warmer temps, closer to the coveted turn of the season.
I like to ride as much if not more than anyone but you are asking for a totaled bike running the canyons this time of year.

Werd. Special equipment is required to safely travel on 2 wheels these days, especially in the hills. Not worth the risk.

N1KSS1KS1x
Fri Feb 2nd, 2007, 07:53 PM
yeah you better have someone in a truck run sweep

G-force junkie
Mon Feb 5th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Pina,
I'm always ready to ride most anywhere, anytime,just let me know, I'm in the royal gorge region and we have outstanding riding here.
G-force junkie

Sully
Tue Feb 6th, 2007, 08:52 AM
I'm in the royal gorge region

:wtf:... So how many hours from Denver would that be ?

Dysco
Tue Feb 6th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Roads in the canyon (hwy72) were doable today at a slower pace. The big corner before the Kwik-Mart had a couple of mud flows from snow melt. It stayed well above freezing overnight so the roads were nice. Definitely don't get caught up there in the dark though.

Vehicle 1
Tue Feb 6th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Hello everyone,

So I finally got to ride today, after almost a month of withdrawals….
I went to Lyons and then Estes via 36N, back on 34, through Carter Lake (sp?) to Longmont, and finally to Boulder on 119. I was surprised to see that the roads were in fairly good condition. There was more gravel on 34 than on 36, but it was mostly on the left lane (if you go down from Estes); so I would advise going the same direction as I did. Also, there were two spots near Lyons where there was debris from the cliffs, but not bad, and there was a short construction zone coming out of town as well.
Overall, it was worth doing the loop, there were plenty of clear turns to have fun with.
I just wanted to let you guys know about a doable option for riding some twisties…(didn’t know if this was worth a thread, so I figure I could post it in this one…)
Looking forward for some group rides though…
Oh, forgot to tell you that I saw an undercover cop on 34, about half way down, he/she was in a white Excursion type SUV. Good thing that conditions where keeping me from getting overly excited…:hump:
Take care.

G-force junkie
Tue Feb 6th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Sully,
The royal gorge area is 120 miles southwest of Denver or 45 miles sw of Colorado Springs

Sully
Thu Feb 8th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Thanks G-force... looks like you'll have to get up really early to make some of our rides ;)...

G-force junkie
Thu Feb 8th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Sully,
Actually I was going to sleep in while I wait for you guys to come down for some real riding.
G-force

G-force junkie
Thu Feb 8th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Sully,
By the way you've got some nice bitches.
G-force

Sully
Tue Feb 20th, 2007, 10:47 AM
:wtf:.. :lol:.. Actually, I'm looking for some new bitches... :eyebrows:

And Dude, we have some real riding up here.. :p

Devaclis
Tue Feb 20th, 2007, 10:49 AM
I wanna be your E-pimp

Sully
Tue Feb 20th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Oh... didn't you get the memo ?

Devaclis
Tue Feb 20th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Was it sent with the TPS reports? My printer was tryiing to load letter

Sully
Tue Feb 20th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Suppose to be nice again tommorrow afternoon :idea:... :yes:

G-force junkie
Tue Feb 20th, 2007, 05:45 PM
:wtf:.. :lol:.. Actually, I'm looking for some new bitches... :eyebrows:

And Dude, we have some real riding up here.. :p

No thanks and I don't believe it:alien:

TommyTheKid
Tue Feb 20th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Suppose to be nice again tommorrow afternoon :idea:... :yes:

so, canyons? 11am? (I have work, but could make a "short" loop) :)

Highway 7, then 34 ?

~tommy

Sully
Wed Feb 21st, 2007, 09:03 AM
No thanks and I don't believe it:alien:

That really wasn't an invitation.. just a general statement :p

Believe it.. !

And sorry Tommy.. I'll be working at 11:00 .. and I'm no where near close to Hwy 7 or 34 ... have fun, ride safe :up:

TommyTheKid
Wed Feb 21st, 2007, 04:52 PM
Meh, I didn't go anywhere, such a nice day, so much for that!

I did give my bike a much MUCH needed bath tho (see my filthy comments) :)

~tommy