PDA

View Full Version : Best Motorcycle Dealership in the Denver Area

ryan
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 02:43 PM
Ive been reading positive and negative comments about numerous dealerships on this site for some time now and want a consensus on what dealership is doing the best. Keep in mind, i want the total dealership experience, not "bad service dept, but great parts dept..." ect. I want to find out what makes a good dealership good overall and what keeps you coming back for more.

salsashark
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 02:51 PM
Personally speaking, I've had nothing but great service at Foothills BMW/Triumph.

Even before I bought the Sprint, you could go in there and the salespeople would give you the time of day without having to waive hundred dollar bills in the air. I kicked the tires for a couple of months and always had all of my questions answered without attitude.

When they got a demo ride in, they called me and I went in and rode it without any hassle whatsoever.

Got a loaner bike while they did the service and a warranty recall for three days. Granted it was a thumper BMW, but it was better than having to beg for rides back and forth across town. When the CPU fried, they busted ass to get it fixed in a reasonable amount of time as well.

If I were to buy another Triumph or a BMW, I wouldn't hesitate to go there at all.

DevilsTonic
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 02:54 PM
Had a great experience with Colorado Powersports. My first street bike I bought from Sun and I wasn't too impressed with them.

~Barn~
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 02:56 PM
This thread needs a poll. Tallying the various posts and opinions will be a chore. My best best dealership vote goes to the place that offers a poll.

Oh yeah, and anyplace but Coyote.
:D

Badhabit
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 03:09 PM
I've seen the sales people at Coyote quote drastically different prices to multiple people inquiring about the same bike in the same afternoon. I wouldn't recommend going there unless you know EXACTLY what you want and EXACTLY how much you should pay. They'll spot a poser squid a mile away.

On the other hand, when I bought a bike there the customer service was good and the prices were in-line with the market.

Suki
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 03:53 PM
i voted fays, only because we've purchased multiple bikes there from one specific guy.

dchd1130
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 05:05 PM
I voted extrem performance only becuase I know the sales manager. I like RPM to but same thing I know the guys. Just about all them Ive been in have pissed me off. It seems the only way you get decent service is if you know and deal with a spacific person.

Bueller
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 05:13 PM
Vickery has lotsa parts so I go there, I try not to buy bikes from dealerships.

ryan
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 05:17 PM
i did make a poll at the top, i think its working.

So for all of you that responded saying they know the people that work there, if you didnt know them, would you still shop there?

Like i said ive been reading the other threads on bad/good dealers and keep seeing people say something like "well i got hosed at dealership "a" for my first two bikes, but the third one was priced right so i bought there again" and i keep asking myself, why? Would people rather pay rock bottom, beat out all the competition prices and get shitty service while buying, terrible service on the bike etc. Or pay a little more to a respected dealership for great service, one on one attention, a great service dept etc? is it all about price and supporting a place that shouldnt be supported, or do we care enough about good places staying good places? just curious.

ryan
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 05:19 PM
bueller, why dont you buy your bikes from dealerships?

salsashark
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 05:34 PM
I don't think anyone should have to choose between getting the best prices and getting good service.

Example, was looking at my first sport bike at Fays (pre Ralph Schomp). All I got was attitude and sticker price.

Called Aurora Honda. They had the same bike, was willing to work with price, provided amazing service, and made my first "dealer" purchase experience a welcome one. Had Fay been willing to offer better customer service, I would've probably been happy to buy from them without shopping around anymore, but the lack of customer service is what drove me to keep looking.

So if your asking if given the choice, would I choose good service, or good prices... I'll take the prices.

Oh... and where's the "none of the above" choice?

Bueller
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 05:51 PM
bueller, why dont you buy your bikes from dealerships?
Too much $

Buddau
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 09:03 PM
Too much $
Mostly you get a cheaper price buying used privatly. What you don't get is a warranty. Or if something is wrong with the bike after you bought it, an established dealer will work with you. If something goes wrong with a private deal, your screwed.
I have never had troubles at Sun Honda.

King Nothing
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 09:06 PM
I got my Zed from a private party and saved at least $1500.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 10:12 PM
None of the above ----- Rocky Mountain Kawasaki in Longmont, CO

DrQ
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 11:16 PM
I got an excellent internet quote strike price on a new 06 bike adv on Ebay. Salesman initially quoted MSRP. I then showed him the quote & my intention to purchase at that price, which was just below invoice... 5 minutes later he matched it...

BigE
Thu Feb 1st, 2007, 10:52 AM
None of the above ----- Rocky Mountain Kawasaki in Longmont, CO
+1, that's a good shop.

I've bought bikes from Rocky Mtn. Kawi, Erico, Tri-City, Sun and Fays over the last few years. Rocky had the best sales, service and parts depts. as a whole shop. At the larger shops there is ALOT of attitude and "I'm to cool to deal with you" vibe. Um, customers are the ones that pay for you guys to hang at the bike shop all day.

sprtbkbabe
Thu Feb 1st, 2007, 11:59 AM
...like trying to guess between the lesser of two evils...:think: Just go with the one who has the bike you want and arm yourself with knowledge of how the dealership game is approached and you should do fine IMO

DrQ
Thu Feb 1st, 2007, 03:18 PM
Nice blowdryer.

livinlife2themax
Thu Feb 1st, 2007, 10:16 PM
I have to agree with you sales shark, i have bought 3 bikes from Aurora honda. Sales dept was great service dept great and parts dept great. At Fay it took almost an hour before i could get somebody to help me and that was only after i approached somebody (it happened on more than one occasion) Then once i got someone they had attitude the whole time and were not willing to give me an room to work...just MSRP+ all the added on BS for putting it together. Plus they were tryin to F***k me on my trade in. The week before they had the same bike in there as mine except, that it was in terrible shape, and no aftermarkt parts....they sold it for $1,000 over bluebook ($7500) and all they wanted to give me was $3000. Took it to Aurora and they gave me 5K without any questions and theydropped the price of the bike out the door for 10k. So yeah def Aurora honda....Speakin of which why aint they in the POLE????

I don't think anyone should have to choose between getting the best prices and getting good service.

Example, was looking at my first sport bike at Fays (pre Ralph Schomp). All I got was attitude and sticker price.

Called Aurora Honda. They had the same bike, was willing to work with price, provided amazing service, and made my first "dealer" purchase experience a welcome one. Had Fay been willing to offer better customer service, I would've probably been happy to buy from them without shopping around anymore, but the lack of customer service is what drove me to keep looking.

So if your asking if given the choice, would I choose good service, or good prices... I'll take the prices.

Oh... and where's the "none of the above" choice?

ryan
Thu Feb 8th, 2007, 10:20 AM
thanks for the responses so far! lets keep it going! we need more votes to get a more accurate count.

Mel
Thu Feb 8th, 2007, 04:26 PM
If you want a more accurate count, then why don't you add in all of the dealerships around here (since obviously some are lacking) and add the option for who prefers to buy through private owners....that might give you a better picture.

konichd
Thu Feb 8th, 2007, 04:27 PM
I like Grand Prix like a fat boy likes cake! :)

ryan
Thu Feb 8th, 2007, 04:44 PM
obviously some are lacking. i forgot about aurora honda and RM kawi. And im not looking for the private owner buys, thats not pertaining to the dealership experience. i cant change the poll though, it wont let me.

but so far 24 have voted and i know more people on here buy bikes from dealerships, so i want them to chime in as well

wulf
Sun Mar 25th, 2007, 08:58 PM
I only drool at dealerships, i'd rather buy lightly used.

JAFO
Sun Mar 25th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Motocross bikes at Colorado Powersports (Great)
Road bikes at Northern Ducati (Great !!!!!!)

pilot
Sun Mar 25th, 2007, 11:50 PM
I found that the high level of service that I get from Bill, Tony, Chris and Mike at Grand Prix make their experience a great one for me. Each manager has an open door policy. They've done what they say they can do and that to me is good business.

Brizz
Mon Mar 26th, 2007, 06:26 AM
You should include some of the other shops in the state..Apex, Rocky Mntn Cycle..Faster...ETC

RocketJohn
Tue Apr 10th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Road bikes at Northern Ducati/BMW (Great !!!!!!)

I concur... best dealer by far...

Erico isn't so bad either... I've purchased 3 bikes from them in the last 7 years... All very nice experiences...

scottiegwood
Mon May 7th, 2007, 03:32 PM
so i walked around grandprix looking to research a bike and not one person even said hello to me? i was in there for like twenty min. thats pretty disappointing. so once i have a good sized down payment i won't even bother going there

.... invest your time in people that are looking. we just may have been future customers

Slo
Mon May 7th, 2007, 04:06 PM
I bought my two bkes at CO Powersports, Hayabusa on 104th, the GSXR in Boulder. My salesman from Boulder now works at 104th as well.

As far as service, taking my bike to Boulder as far as a tire change saved me 30 bucks or so. Found it funny they have different rates just for changing tires between the two CO Powersports.

friscokidd
Mon May 7th, 2007, 04:22 PM
bought my r1 from grand prix, just because i got a HELL OF A DEAL on it....but HATE the service.

bought some bikes at Fay Myers....sales guy was cool.....again, service sucks.

Coyote will be where i purchase yet another new r1, just because i know a sales guy over there and will try to get zee hookup. Will let you know my 2cents is about the service there.

~Barn~
Mon May 7th, 2007, 05:20 PM
For some reason Coyote and "hook up" don't exactly seem like they should be said in the same breath. But more power to you, if you get zee discount.

pilot
Mon May 7th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Grand Prix's shop rides, each month, are a nice way to get to know the staff. I'm sure that the other dealers do the same. The next ride will be the May 13th to the Royal Gorge.

Nick_Ninja
Mon May 7th, 2007, 06:01 PM
RMK -- Longmont

King Nothing
Mon May 7th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Kawi's suck.

Nick_Ninja
Mon May 7th, 2007, 10:12 PM
The BIG GREEN weenie.

rinn
Tue May 8th, 2007, 01:42 AM
Excel sold out to GForce..

Shorty
Tue May 15th, 2007, 10:30 PM
07 R 1{red}10,900.00 purchase price, from vickery

jplracing
Wed May 16th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Personally I think it is individual you are dealing with rather than a good or bad dealership

I have bought many bikes from Joe Jarvie at Fays and just bought a new one from Chris at Coyote. Both are great people to deal with and I wouldn't hesitate to refer either of them

Joe

rforsythe
Wed May 16th, 2007, 04:57 PM
bought my r1 from grand prix, just because i got a HELL OF A DEAL on it....but HATE the service.

bought some bikes at Fay Myers....sales guy was cool.....again, service sucks.

Coyote will be where i purchase yet another new r1, just because i know a sales guy over there and will try to get zee hookup. Will let you know my 2cents is about the service there.

Lemme guess, you will say it sucks? :dunno:

Just a hunch. :D

MrTucker
Tue May 22nd, 2007, 10:57 AM
I wanna throw out a thumbs up to RPM in Lakewood. Small shop, not too many street parts, and almost no used bikes, but the guys there are great. I bought my DRZ supermoto from them and when it was stolen they worked with me all the way on getting the claims settled and got me on a new bike at a great deal. Talk to Jeff, or Nick

konichd
Tue May 22nd, 2007, 11:09 AM
RPM has done a great job for me when I've been there. Nick Reed in the service department is excellent to deal with.