PDA

View Full Version : Took my R1 for a ride today!

DevilsTonic
Sun Feb 4th, 2007, 04:42 PM
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o9/yzfr1grl/02-04-07_1419.jpg

64BonnieLass
Sun Feb 4th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Whoo Hoo Sistah. Hope you had a blast!

Brizz
Sun Feb 4th, 2007, 04:57 PM
You went to the water park?

DevilsTonic
Sun Feb 4th, 2007, 05:09 PM
I just stopped at Elitches to take a break, thought it would make for a decent picture. BTW, I love the dancing banana in your sig!!

Brizz
Sun Feb 4th, 2007, 05:30 PM
He is rockin out a bit!http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/Briz781/4hu5109.gifhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/Briz781/4hu5109.gifhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/Briz781/4hu5109.gifhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/Briz781/4hu5109.gif

Suki
Mon Feb 5th, 2007, 08:35 AM
leah, you is one crazy beyatch!

Airreed
Mon Feb 5th, 2007, 08:41 AM
High on Tuesday is suppose to be 62!!!

I'd love to get the RC out, but still have 2 inches of ice on my road...

Devaclis
Mon Feb 5th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Rode to work today. Was 33 when I left this morning! I was actually a bit warm (waaay overdressed for the ride). See my post about the DTC lunch this week. Get yer bikes out bitches!!!

Suki
Mon Feb 5th, 2007, 08:43 AM

I'd love to get the RC out, but still have 2 inches of ice on my road...

werd, not to mention the death trap at the end of our street. :banghead:

DevilsTonic
Mon Feb 5th, 2007, 09:18 AM

I'd love to get the RC out, but still have 2 inches of ice on my road...Oh hun, I have about 8inches of ice or about 100yds that I drive over...but I aint skeered...once you do it a couple of times it's no biggie.

Spiderman
Tue Feb 6th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Oh hun, I have about 8inches of ice or about 100yds that I drive over...but I aint skeered...once you do it a couple of times it's no biggie.
.... :imwithstupid:

Here are some pics of what I had to deal with today. The bottom pic is where a neighbor cleared away the snowpack/ice from in front of his house... it shows how much there is in our crescent.

Suki
Tue Feb 6th, 2007, 03:50 PM
you people truly are insane.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Tue Feb 6th, 2007, 04:50 PM
:imwithstupid:

Just not worth it for me...It's sketchy enough out there on a nice day of weather. Add the wet-oil lined streets and ice patches and the splash back along with knuckleheads driving...it's insane.

Kudos to those of you doing it and surviving!

V-Twin Villain
Tue Feb 6th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Congrats to all that were able to ride today...I got out Sunday for 60 miles and it felt like sooooooo freakin good, I juiced myself!

Melt! snow! melt!

Mel
Wed Feb 7th, 2007, 01:21 PM
It's amazing how easily the rear tire spins up under moderate acceleration under these conditions...nothing like heading down the street sideways on a big ass bike.
You get the pic I sent ya Leah? Yeah.... :D

DevilsTonic
Wed Feb 7th, 2007, 01:24 PM
It's amazing how easily the rear tire spins up under moderate acceleration under these conditions...nothing like heading down the street sideways on a big ass bike.
You get the pic I sent ya Leah? Yeah.... :DNo I haven't hunny! Where you send it?

Mel
Wed Feb 7th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Ummm...I think your cell...I will double check. I had to take cheesy camera phone pic to show that I was out riding. :D

DeeStylez
Wed Feb 7th, 2007, 02:03 PM
I really don't see it being that bad to go out and ride now... but for me I just can't seem to get into the mood to ride when I see snow all around me. But for all you diehards out there enjoy!!!! :)

DevilsTonic
Wed Feb 7th, 2007, 02:15 PM
I rode to work today! YAY! A bit chilly, but it's all good. I guess by riding more I'm willing the weather to clear up!

Cat118!
Wed Feb 7th, 2007, 04:38 PM
so how were the roads?
I'm freaked out of all the damn potholes and gravel.
Especailly at night.... I've been tempted go out for a ride... but that would lead to night riding, which Potholes would sneak up on me!
(sigh)

dirkterrell
Wed Feb 7th, 2007, 05:01 PM
so how were the roads?
(sigh)

I skipped out of work early yesterday and got about an hour and a half in on my '85 VF1000R and my '07 Interceptor. Roads were wet in places and sand/gravel were common but I was grinning the whole time.:) Not too bad actually.

That was the first time I had ridden those two bikes back to back and it really accentuated the differences between them.

Dirk

Brizz
Wed Feb 7th, 2007, 05:06 PM
i have rode like 3 days in a row now...But i am in Texass...

mtnairlover
Wed Feb 7th, 2007, 06:29 PM
so how were the roads?
Especailly at night.... I've been tempted go out for a ride... but that would lead to night riding, which Potholes would sneak up on me!
(sigh)

I'd freak out with night riding. Aaaaa! But, yesterday and today, I went out after work before the sun went down. Yesterday, I rode around Carter Lake. There's a nice hill on the north side that I took from the south. On one of the turns there was a swath of water mixed with gravel and de-icer going across the road and my rear tire did a nice lil shimmy over that...certainly woke me up.:shocked:

Today, I rode by Horsetooth Res...only did the south end of it, cuz it was chillier today and my hand warmers weren't doing so well. There was noticably more gravel, but the water wasn't so bad. Of course, with all that gravel and water/potential ice, I ride really :turtle:. Been having fun on the throttle on the straight-aways, tho.:D Woohoo!

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Wed Feb 7th, 2007, 07:20 PM
:imwithstupid:

Just not worth it for me...It's sketchy enough out there on a nice day of weather. Add the wet-oil lined streets and ice patches and the splash back along with knuckleheads driving...it's insane.

Kudos to those of you doing it and surviving!

K...I couldn't take it anymore. The way it was going I figured I should either go ride myself or go buy a dress.

So, I spent about an hour busting up the 6 inches or so of ice that was just beyond my driveway and took "Fugly" for a 30 minute spin around A-Town.

Man o man...sure felt good!

CanyonCarver
Wed Feb 7th, 2007, 09:33 PM
wow your hardcore. Not riding for a few weeks after snow+gravel slowly go away...

DevilsTonic
Thu Feb 8th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Ummm...I think your cell...I will double check. I had to take cheesy camera phone pic to show that I was out riding. :DI got it!! W00t!! You go girl!

:music: Damn it feels good to be a gangsta!! :music:

K...I couldn't take it anymore. The way it was going I figured I should either go ride myself or go buy a dress.

So, I spent about an hour busting up the 6 inches or so of ice that was just beyond my driveway and took "Fugly" for a 30 minute spin around A-Town.

Man o man...sure felt good!That's the spirit!! See it's not so bad once you get off the side streets!