PDA

View Full Version : Non endurance ride trips...no IBA BS. Stop & smell the r

Harry Biker
Sat Jan 18th, 2003, 09:56 AM
:idea: Riding season is fast approaching. This will be a good spot to list trips you'd like to take with other CSC members. Ideally this spot would be for overnighter trips, but that's not mandatory.

So, where do you want to go?? Taos? Steamboat? Aspen? Ouray? Sturgis?Your Aunt Sophies in Dodge City?

Dysco
Tue Jan 21st, 2003, 06:06 AM
Actually...

I was planning a run to Raton in March with some friends. I ended up stuck there on a Thursday night last year after some seriously bad planning on my 919. Thursday night was Karaoke night when I went and the whole town showed up in a dark hotel bar to drink cheap beer and strangle tunes. I didn't sing but I did do my share of drinking with a couple of other travelers. In the morning I ate breakfast for $3 (including 100% tip) at The Coffee Shop and Bakery (that's right- it's the only one) and headed back over the pass. It was the most fun I'd ever had stuck in a small town.

I think rooms were ~$25 for a double. This will be a fixed date, weather be damned. If the pass is too bad, we'll stay in Trinidad. It's just over 200, but it will be kind of chilly :twisted:
I'm posting here to see if there's any interest beyond the 2-3 people already scheduled... (no date set yet- pending verification that Thursday is still the right time to party in Raton)

Harry Biker
Tue Jan 21st, 2003, 07:11 AM
Rat on bro!
I may join ya to the Rat & keep on going towards Red River/Taos.

Hozerking
Tue Jan 21st, 2003, 07:57 AM
How about a saturday morning leave for a back road romp to Glenwood! ... chill there that night, maybe even get in the pool, party or whatever. Then head back VIA ASPEN, (stop there for lunch). Its an idea and it will take minimal planning!

So what do you bums think? this would be a summer trip!?

-al

Harry Biker
Tue Jan 21st, 2003, 08:14 AM
Hey Hozer,
We're practically neigbors. What part of the Ranch are you in?

I've always wanted to get in the Springs and have yet to do so.

Pick a date that works for you & see if others are hip. The summer books up fast so if you can coordinate this ride I'mn sure you'd get a good turnout.

Anonymous
Thu Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:11 PM
Hozer...

Your trip sonds good. Let me know what dates your thinking about... I'm probably in, but then you know I'd follow you to the very gates of hell... or Krispy Kreme.

Anonymous
Thu Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:04 PM
I'm down for the glenwood thing, that sounds like fun!

Duc'nnit
Sat Jan 25th, 2003, 06:27 AM
I want to check out MT Rushmore this year for maybe a one or two nighter...anyone interested lets start talking.

Chris 8)

Dysco
Sat Jan 25th, 2003, 08:08 AM
I'd be down for that- remember that lodging is $$$ in the summer with all the bikes and camping can be hazardous in the wrong place for the same reason. Missing the nat park by rushmore would be a shame- it's awesome. Also my grandma lives up there- she hates bikes but it'd be nice to stop by and say hi. I don't think we could crash there but there will be food. mmmm, chocolate pie.

gary n
Sat Jan 25th, 2003, 09:47 AM
I'm in for any and all weekend trips. The Glenwood Springs trip sounds great as well as the Mt Rushmore trip.

As long as we stay away from Mt Rushmore for a 3 week window - the week of the Sturgis Rally and the preceding and following weeks - lodging rates should be fine. I think they just raise them for the rally. Three years ago we paid $135/night for a room in Spearfish (20 miles west of Sturgis) during rally week that would normally go for $45. This year the rally is August 4-10. Besides Mt Rushmore there is the Pigtail Highway, the Badlands, Devils Tower and more.

I am going to be getting some compact/lightweight backpacking camping equipment too if any of these trips are going to include camping.

Harry Biker
Sat Jan 25th, 2003, 08:40 PM
Let's camp!!
Camping in/near Custer State park or the Badlands would be very cool.

Haybusa in the BADLANDS!! Don't get much badder than that!

Pick a weekend for this Chris and let's see if it sticks,(not the last week of June please) I'll assume that everyone will be able to make SD without stopping for the night right? It's about 450 to Sturgis. Shoot, after Vegas, this trip will be a piece of cake, or should that be Chocolate pie ;)

Granny's welcome to camp out too ya know :P

Duc'nnit
Sat Jan 25th, 2003, 09:51 PM
Your tempting me Harry......let me look at my calendar, I will come up with something..... :D

Chris

foxfire
Sun Jan 26th, 2003, 11:17 PM
Hey ya'll-
Moving closer to the now, I think Raton then back up thru Glenwood sounds crazy cool, hows March looking for people? Let plan something.
I'm always up for trips.
:P FF

Duc'nnit
Wed Jan 29th, 2003, 06:29 PM
So August is out for MT Rushmore..........July or September? Camp?? At my age, Motel 6 is camping!! :bananna:

Chris

TWISTED
Wed Jan 29th, 2003, 10:33 PM
July is much nicer in the Black Hills. I'm in for a trip up there. Staying in Deadwood gives you the most options for rooms. Plus there are decent campgrounds nearby, not to mention something to do at night. 390 miles from Aurora.

Duc'nnit
Thu Jan 30th, 2003, 07:02 AM
July, huh? hmmm, let me poke around and see what can be done. 390 miles is cake and I have heard it is a fast run.

Chris 8)

Kip
Thu Jan 30th, 2003, 05:40 PM
I'm in for whatever you guys decide....it's all new out here to me and I want to see some of the sights

surfinspacegirl
Tue Feb 4th, 2003, 01:12 PM
I'm in for Mt. Rushmore; never seen it :o and down with camping, too, as long as no-one expects me to bring the stove and cook :lol:

Let me know once you decide dates (birthday is on 7/7, hint hint) :D

Harry Biker
Tue Feb 4th, 2003, 03:42 PM
We should also include the Badlands, Crazy Horse, Devil's Tower & Sturgis/Deadwood/Custer area.

I'll cook, Hanna's cleaning ;)

Anonymous
Tue Feb 4th, 2003, 03:47 PM
We should also include the Badlands, Crazy Horse, Devil's Tower & Sturgis/Deadwood/Custer area.

I'm assuming for the moment that I'm going ... if so I don't mind taking on some cooking duties as well.

surfinspacegirl
Tue Feb 4th, 2003, 03:48 PM

As long as it's the plates and not the bikes, you're on! :lol:

Anonymous
Tue Feb 4th, 2003, 03:53 PM

C'mon Hanna I thought we were doing the CSC bikini bike wash a la Biker Boyz... :D

surfinspacegirl
Tue Feb 4th, 2003, 04:13 PM

C'mon Hanna I thought we were doing the CSC bikini bike wash a la Biker Boyz... :D

So we're bringing a hunk who'll be washing my bike in a pair of speedos, then? :o

Anonymous
Tue Feb 4th, 2003, 04:19 PM

So we're bringing a hunk who'll be washing my bike in a pair of speedos, then? :o

I'm not sexy enough? :lol:

surfinspacegirl
Tue Feb 4th, 2003, 04:23 PM

I'm not sexy enough? :lol:
I don't know, how do you look in a pair of speedos, Ralph? :lol:
:shock: Wait a minute....