PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Roadster

OldKneeDragger
Thu Feb 8th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Well tomorrow the web site is supposed to go live... I'm not sure this qualifies for the CSC but it sure looks interesting to me. http://www.opentheroad.com/fullscreen.asp?lg=En

They claim that they will be in Colorado as part of the initial marketing! Any idea which dealer is planning on having one?

reddeth
Thu Feb 8th, 2007, 08:59 AM
1) Isnt there a Prosche called the Spyder Roadster?
2) That thing is FUGLY as hell.

dchd1130
Thu Feb 8th, 2007, 09:52 AM
One of my buddys was flown to their testing track about a month ago to ride this thing.

No-coast-punk
Thu Feb 8th, 2007, 09:57 AM
What's the fricking point? Just do what every other douche bag with no motor skills in their midlife crisis does. Buy a damn convertable. Somebody who gets that is obviously too damn timid to get a real bike.

Knuckle Dragger
Sat Feb 10th, 2007, 04:34 PM
It is a Bombraider product so I would imagine them being sold at a Ski-doo dealership. Could try at Felkers in Loveland to see if they know anything.

towneh
Sat Feb 10th, 2007, 05:43 PM
1) Isnt there a Prosche called the Spyder Roadster?
2) That thing is FUGLY as hell.

porsche, maserati, fiat, chevy corvair, mitsub eclipse all had some rendition of the Spyder. and they were ALL better looking than this POS. ummmm....the corvair spyder was turbo!
busa_henry

Dysco
Sun Feb 11th, 2007, 12:23 PM
What's the fricking point? Just do what every other douche bag with no motor skills in their midlife crisis does. Buy a damn convertable. Somebody who gets that is obviously too damn timid to get a real bike.

Or, it could give those with lower limb disabilities a chance to ride out in the open on a smokin' cheap vehicle available with full hand controls.

So, while some douche bags may buy this just like douche bags buy all kinds of bikes, I feel it gives a great opportunity for some non-douche bags to get out and ride again....

...douche bag.

towneh
Sun Feb 11th, 2007, 01:08 PM
hello dysco,
good point about the hand controls for those with disabilities. got this guy in my complex who lost his left leg to diabetes. he rides a rigged hardley trike... he always comes back with bugs in his teeth and a big smile on his face!
Regarding Spyders; whenever I visit TFOG, I look for one at the end unit where they service corvairs. They were a tight, get-down-the-road sort of car that really needed more brakes... :shocked:
haya_henry

Clarkie
Sun Feb 11th, 2007, 02:33 PM
the cool thing is that it uses the Rotax V990 engine (used in the Aprilia's) and there is a variety of hot up stuff for them, bog bore kits, throttle bodies etc

Lomax
Sun Feb 11th, 2007, 02:57 PM
I'm for anything that will get more riders out on the road. One more person being educated that motorcycles are actually out there and be on the lookout for them is good in my book. I think something like this will be great for the people that want or need a trike but are just not into the Goldwing and Harley tike's.

Cheers.
Marc