PDA

View Full Version : Friends EX250

haywood jablome
Sat Jan 18th, 2003, 02:13 PM
Ok his bike wont start. He tried to jump the bike and he said there was plenty of juice. I think his gas is not getting to his engin. How can you tell? How can you fix it? What should i look for? Could his carbs be gummed up? Fuel pump bad? fuel filter? Any help would be appriciated. Chad

RAMV
Sun Jan 19th, 2003, 01:04 PM
At this time of the year, the obvious question is is it kept inside? Remember that jsut because its 50 outside, if its down to the 20s at night, the oil is probably still thick. Carburated bikes, especially two cylinder ones, can be especially hard to start if they are cold. I would let it warm up in a garage or even put a in car warmer under it and a tarp over it, (be careful not to light it on fire, a sealed heater unit is best) and warm it up to about 70. Then choke it and hit the start button. Should fire up. (assumign it was runnign fine the last time he rode it,a nd the cold is all that stops it.)

haywood jablome
Sun Jan 19th, 2003, 01:16 PM
yes it was and yes he keeps it in a garage. It has not been started in like 3 months. Ill try everything and ill keep you guys up to date. Thanks again Chad.

RAMV
Mon Jan 20th, 2003, 09:14 AM
If it hasn't been run for a couple months, make sure you drain the fuel in the float bowls and possibly add some conditioner to the fuel in the tank. Fresh plugs never hurt anyone and are cheap.