PDA

View Full Version : GForce in Lakewood

Geology Rocks
Sun Feb 11th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Alright....so here is my first shop experience. I was in and out of GrandPrix a few times and spoke to a sales man by the name of David. Great guy who did what he could..in the end my price could not be met. I called GForce and informed him of the situation. I want a 2006 R6 in blue for X amount of dollars. He told me he would call me back...he did 5 minutes later to tell me they could do the price I wanted no problem. I gave them my CC over the phone to hold the bike. I proceeded in going up and dealing with a gentleman by the name of Adam, and in about 1 hour I was the owner of the R6. Delivery is normally $100 per hour, however they said because of the way the deal went through they could do it for $40...They offered that...not me. I had my bike delivered in 2 hours to my door.

The next day I started the bike up and noticed something funny with the clutch, so I called up there. The service manager offered to come and get the bike or for me to ride it up there. I rode it there and they went over the bike again and adjusted my clutch lever and did the airbox recall. I was in and out in 1 hour again.

Great group of guys up there and I will definitly do business with them again!
Joe

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Sun Feb 11th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Good info...thanks for sharing Joe.

N1KSS1KS1x
Sun Feb 11th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Congrats on the 6, you still got the kawi
I havent been to Gforce how are they on acc

Geology Rocks
Mon Feb 12th, 2007, 02:41 PM
they didnt have to much, but they have some cool workers, and some good bikes for great prices. I would recommend them to anyone.:)

joe

Kitelovers
Mon Feb 12th, 2007, 11:57 PM
:hump: G Force purchased the old Excel Dealerships of Yamaha and Kawasaki. Brent is the owner, he used to be the gen mgr of Excel. I buy all of my bikes from them. They are great people and their service is great too. I am really glad others have had the same great experience. They are "Kite" approved!:hump:

Kitelovers
Mon Feb 12th, 2007, 11:58 PM
:hump: G Force purchased the old Excel Dealerships of Yamaha and Kawasaki. Brent is the owner, he used to be the gen mgr of Excel. I buy all of my bikes from them. They are great people and their service is great too. I am really glad others have had the same great experience. They are "Kite" approved!:hump:

N1KSS1KS1x
Tue Feb 13th, 2007, 12:49 AM
I thought you were new to town and bikes and havent even bought your first bike :think: :devious:

N1KSS1KS1x
Tue Feb 13th, 2007, 12:54 AM
New to Denver.....allow me to introduce myself
I just moved here and am looking for other riders to converse with, as I am still learning about these motorcycles. I just moved here from the windy city, great kite flying country. I hope I'll get the opportunity to show you some of my kites. Love, Melanie:)
member this thread
Buy alot bikes in 2months do ya?:slappers:

Kitelovers
Tue Feb 13th, 2007, 10:08 AM
I just moved here and am looking for other riders to converse with, as I am still learning about these motorcycles. I just moved here from the windy city, great kite flying country. I hope I'll get the opportunity to show you some of my kites. Love, Melanie:)
member this thread
Sarcasm never translates well.....but if you believed that post.....I got some land for sale......it's got gold on it????? Duh?:banghead:

AshliRider44
Tue Feb 13th, 2007, 10:12 AM
member this thread

Basically everything she/he says is bullshit. :turtle:

N1KSS1KS1x
Tue Feb 13th, 2007, 10:33 AM
sarcasm is being fake as fuck huh (reds voice) DUMBASS

rhicks
Wed Mar 14th, 2007, 08:52 AM
So has anyone had service department experience to report? It's time for scheduled maintenance. The sales and parts people seem to be pretty friendly but I haven't had a chance to talk with any of the service guys.

rhicks
Tue Apr 10th, 2007, 10:41 AM
This is a little long winded but I wanted to have more explanation than just a quick post.

I needed to have some scheduled maintenance done on my ZX6-E and since it is still under warranty and I was having problems with the petcock, I wanted to take it to a Kawasaki dealer instead of TFOG or TK. This work was for the 3000 (or 4000 mile depending on the dealer) and consisted of the basic oil change plus a lot of checking of various parts, air filter cleaning, carb sync, and lubrication of parts.
I called around and got various estimates for the service work. Fay Myers said it was "basically an oil change" and quoted me $197 for the work. I considered this work to be a little more than just an oil change and didn't feel comfortable with his understanding of the work to be performed. Not knowing the difference between a ZX6-E and ZX6-R also had me a bit concerned (he kept referring to the bike as an R even though I corrected him three times). This was my first contact with FM so I had to go with the gut feeling which said move along. I'm sure if I had actually had driven the bike in that things would be been different but I'm not driving from Golden just to make an appointment.
CO Powersports quoted $187 plus parts. I purchased the bike there and I really like Aaron but the extremely poor sales experience I had when purchasing the bike didn't have them high on my list of places to support . Grand Prix quoted "between $250 and $280 but not over $300." for the work.
I took a trip down to Gforce and was quoted "around $350." Gforce was obviously the highest of the bunch but also the the newest with no real shop experiences from CSC members . I had also been in there a couple of times looking around. The people there seem friendly and talking with Paul (sales) and Jewely (I think that's spelled correctly) in parts, I really wanted to give the service dept a chance. Just standing around a little in the service area watching the guys didn't throw any red flags up. They all appeared to be genuinely interested in their work and not just "there for a job." After I got back to work and made a couple of other phone calls for various estimates from other dealers (I got the Gforce estimate first), I filled out a web form on their site giving a comparison of the prices. Rich emailed me back and said that the labor rate is higher and they pay the techs "on the high end of the pay scale because of skill and quality of work." He also said that they strive to be competitive and that he would match Grand Prix's price. I made the appointment.

I took the bike in and had them do the 4000 mile service and look at the petcock. The reserve wasn't working. I'd never used the reserve before but since this year I plan on doing a couple of longer trips, the reserve must be in working condition. I got the bike back and Danny said that the fuel valve wouldn't be under warranty but could be ordered and there wouldn't be any charge for the installation. I ordered the part and paid the bill and took freshly washed wet bike back to the house. I will say the bike sounds and feels better than before. No parts seemed to be missing and the plastics were not scratched. I was told me the fuel valve would be in "in about seven days." Six days after it was ordered I got the call it was in so I picked it up and made an appointment to have it installed. When I took the bike in, Rich, the service manager, said he believed the fuel valve should be covered under warranty and that he would check with Kawasaki. If it was covered then they would give me a refund on the parts already purchased. He called a couple of days later and said that Kawasaki did warranty the part. I got the refund check about three days later.

Rich took the time to care about the customer paying for something that should have been under warranty and followed through with it. Danny was always courteous and answered my questions. He went over the service that was done and helped with ordering the part that was needed. I also appreciate him asking callers to hold while he is with a customer. The one thing I hate is being put "on hold" while standing in front of someone needing assistance while phone calls take priority. With Danny, this is not a problem.

So that's my first experience with the Gforce service shop and I must say that they get two thumbs up. There wasn't any hassles, no runaround, the part ordered was delivered on time. I won't hesitate taking the bike back for them to service.

Robert