PDA

View Full Version : Excel East - Any experiences?

HDave
Wed Apr 14th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Hi all,

My bike came with a prepaid service contract for Excel. I have had it in for a couple oil changes and now for the 8K service. I have nothing to complain about. All have been a good experience, quick and knowledgable. Got a great deal on a set of tires last fall too!

I have read a few posts about stearing clear of the dealerships, but I found no posts on these guys pro or con.

So what can you tell me about Excel East?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Thu Apr 15th, 2004, 10:53 AM
The one on E. Colfax? I went to them 3 years ago - needed a new front tire (IIRC) and fork seals. They told me the fork oil had leaked down onto the brakes a bit & I should change them. I hadn't noticed any decrease in braking ability, but I decided to follow their advice. :dunno:

That was the only time I used them, and, even though they were a bit out of the way for me, they were the only ones that had everything in stock and could do it on short notice.

It was an okay experience, but not outstanding. There was another guy there for something, and he was getting pretty irate - I don't remember the details, but he didn't think he was being treated fairly. :dunno: Me, I called ahead, made an appointment, brought the bike in, and waited for everything to be done. They even advised that I take the bike to a pressure wash to get any residual fork oil out from under the front fender (so it wouldn't drip down onto the tire and/or brakes). I never would have thought of that, so :up: for that.

Hope this helps.

jontflesh
Thu Apr 15th, 2004, 12:31 PM
You could never pay me enough to go back to that shop EVER again.

If you want more info feel free to PM me but in my experiences over the years with them left me with an awful time.

HDave
Wed Apr 21st, 2004, 06:03 PM
Here is how it went.

I had took it in on Wed afternoon for an 8K service and a CCT replacement under warranty. They said the CCT needed to be ordered and the thus the bike would be finished on Monday or Tuesday when it arrived. I was not concerned as I wanted all the work done in one trip to the shop. They called me Friday at 330 and said it came early and it was ready to go! All was FOC, 8K on prepaid service and CCT on extended warranty (both came with the bike, previous owner bought all that). Bike runs better and all seems good to go.

Good experience. Hope they continue, as the prepaid service is through them.