PDA

View Full Version : Ducati 916 stolen 2-13-2007

denverbusa
Tue Feb 13th, 2007, 07:21 PM
I never wanted to be in the position of writing this post. :scream1:

Somewhere between Sunday evening and this evening (2-13-07) my 1998 Ducati 916 was stolen. I just filed a report with the Lakewood PD. Not expecting anything soon but I was encouraged by the other Ducati that was recovered in this forum.

Obviously if you hear or see anything I would love to get a call from anyone with a lead. I included a picture below for reference.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/denverbusa/duc916.jpg

T-byrd
Tue Feb 13th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Dude! That sucks! It's a pretty obvious bike. I'll cross post your pic and info on another Duc site for you.

Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Tanya

Bueller
Tue Feb 13th, 2007, 07:23 PM
That totally blows!

Vehicle 1
Tue Feb 13th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Bastards…..
I'm sorry to hear that.

Good luck.

denverbusa
Tue Feb 13th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Thanks, I appreciate any help I can get.

Blows... That is another word I can add to my very long list of colorful metaphores that I have been creating for the past 3 hours.

Bastards... That one is up towards the top of the list.

King Nothing
Tue Feb 13th, 2007, 07:42 PM
:( best of luck! :/

TurboGizzmo
Tue Feb 13th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Stolen from where? Will keep a look out....

denverbusa
Wed Feb 14th, 2007, 07:05 AM
South Lakewood. Wadsworth about a mile north of Hampden.

rybo
Wed Feb 14th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Hey man,

Sorry to hear about the bike. Best of luck with the recovery.

scott

konichd
Wed Feb 14th, 2007, 08:10 AM
MARK! Terrible news, that duc is one of the nicest around. :(

Devaclis
Wed Feb 14th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Wow, sorry for your temporary loss (hopefully) May the theives be forced to an eternity riding Yamaha's!!!!

Hope it turns up :)

Sully
Wed Feb 14th, 2007, 09:24 AM
DAMN DUDE ! That sucks... hopefully you'll get it back, unharmed.. :(... damn thieves ! :rant:

~Barn~
Wed Feb 14th, 2007, 09:24 AM
I'm pulling for it's safe return. What a drag...

(( LO LO ))
Wed Feb 14th, 2007, 06:10 PM
My eyes are peeled here in Colorado Springs. It is a pretty obvious bike. Good luck with the recovery efforts.

Ghost Rider
Wed Feb 14th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Sorry Mark. We all will watch.

Nat

Brizz
Wed Feb 14th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Wow, sorry for your temporary loss (hopefully) May the theives be forced to an eternity riding Yamaha's!!!!

Hope it turns up :)

WATCH YOUR MOUTH SWEETHEART!...

And i truly you get it back in good condition..I know how a bike can grow on you..

denverbusa
Wed Feb 14th, 2007, 09:45 PM
I am just glad they didn't wait two more weeks. I just got my fed return and it WAS going down for shock rebuilds front and rear and new sticky buns to get her ready just in case it decides to stop snowing. Oh yeah when I rode it last week I felt a link in the chain going bad, so I hope the chain breaks and causes them to wreck. But then they would probably sue me... and win.

Thanks for everyones support.

Hmmmmmmmm... A brand new 1098 just might console my grief. Nah... I will always miss that bike. It is a bike I have wanted since '95 when they first came out and everytime I see one from now on I will think about the one that got away. Oh well life goes on.

Bugkiller1
Fri Feb 16th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Thats one of the worst feelings ever; the sight of your bike missing, gone, STOLEN! f'ing bastards. Mark... It's a unique bike, hope this forum can help in locating it. I'll keep my eyes open.

Im back east for the next week, hope it turns up by the time i get back. Total bullshit.

Mac020
Fri Feb 16th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Hopefully you'll get her back! I had a truck stollen once. Got it back about 4 weeks later, What were the circumstances? How did they get away with it? Parking lot? Garage? What?

DrQ
Sun Feb 18th, 2007, 12:36 PM
will keep my eyes peeled

denverbusa
Mon Feb 19th, 2007, 06:52 PM
What were the circumstances? How did they get away with it? Parking lot? Garage? What?

I kept the Ducati at my condo where I only have an enclosed parking space. I have a truck in the same space and the bike was parked infront next to the bumper. It was hidden from the street so someone who had been in the outer parking area. Painters, Snow removal crews, asphalt repair last summer. Who fucking knows? It's directly under my unit so I was about 10 feet from them or they took it during the day while I was at work. They either punched the lock and jumped it or they loaded it right onto a truck/trailer. Guess I should have chained it up.

r6fun4me
Thu Mar 1st, 2007, 07:46 PM
I live up north and commute to interlockin I will keep an eye out. I know that bike, because I looked at it (or mabie one like it) at the yamaha dealer in boulder a year ago. cool bike I hope we/they catch the person/people that took it.

denverbusa
Sat Mar 3rd, 2007, 10:06 PM
I know that bike, because I looked at it (or mabie one like it) at the yamaha dealer in boulder a year ago. cool bike I hope we/they catch the person/people that took it.

Yep, bought it there a year ago this month.

Just got word from the insurance company. They are paying me enough to cover the balance of the loan, my deductible and enough to cover all the payments I have made plus 300 dollars. So overall the cost of my Ducati ownership has been about $200 to me:hump: (had to put a couple gallons of oil and some filters in it.) And I have confirmed that thay are not going to raise my rates. I love State Farm.