PDA

View Full Version : Throtle Cables on left side.

haywood jablome
Sun Jan 19th, 2003, 05:37 PM
Ok this pic is of the throtle cables on the left side of my GSXR750 (left if you were sitting on the bike) Whick cable do i have to tighten and how much to get the lag out of my throtle when i accelarate in first gear? the bike will accelarate then bog then accelarate again after that its ok till i go back into first and sometimes second gear. Anyone help? Thanks Chad

http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=ckl5899&album_id=127216&image_id=0&courtesy=1

Anonymous
Sun Jan 19th, 2003, 06:53 PM
No pics dude...

But, why do you think it's a loose throttle cable? That's not gear specific. Plus the throttle cable *usually* stays on the right side of the bike. Not saying that's for sure on yours, but that's usually how it works. Especially if it's FI, it'll just run to a throttle position sensor and end there since the computer controls the rest.

haywood jablome
Sun Jan 19th, 2003, 06:55 PM
HUMM this moves with the throtle when you twist it. So i thought it was it maybe not

Anonymous
Sun Jan 19th, 2003, 07:23 PM
Oh ok, probably it then. :D

Still tho, do you know it's slipping, or ? I'm just havin a hard time imagining how that would only affect your bike in 1st/2nd gear...

haywood jablome
Sun Jan 19th, 2003, 07:25 PM
not slipping bogging... I hit the throtle it goes then boggs down the it goes again kicking like a mule....

Anonymous
Sun Jan 19th, 2003, 08:20 PM
I doubt it's the throttle cuz it would happen the same in every gear (granted, 1st & 2nd it would be more noticeable, but it would still happen).

Sounds more like a jetting issue (or in your case Fuel Injection). How many miles to you have on the bike? When was the last time you had full service done? Are the fuel injectors clean or do they need cleaning? Fuel filter maybe?

haywood jablome
Sun Jan 19th, 2003, 08:25 PM
just hit 10000 miles. and i have not had full service done in a while i am checking the fuel filter tomorow (maybe tonight if i get a wild hair up my butt)

haywood jablome
Sat Jan 25th, 2003, 11:03 AM
GOD DAMN Fays wants $98 to just look at it to tell me what is wrong. Then i could about imagin what they will say after that!!!!!