PDA

View Full Version : New paint scheme - not sure I like it - opinions / advise?

CAMit...
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 06:34 AM
New paint scheme - not sure I like it - opinions / advise?

You can pretty much tell from the pix what changed. I was thinking of moving the white up to the next crease in the fairing, might look better...

Here is the before pic -
http://caq.spymac.net/B4.jpg

And the after pic -
http://caq.spymac.net/After.jpg

Thanks!

Brizz
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 06:59 AM
Not bad, now do some decals. It will be sweet then.

I`m Batman
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 07:03 AM
have fun keeping those rims WHITE!!! :D

Pork Chop
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 07:33 AM
Yikes , .that looks horrible...you wanted an opinion. The yeelow and whit dont really click, they have nothing to bring them together,,,to make em flow.

I`m Batman
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Yikes , .that looks horrible...you wanted an opinion. The yeelow and whit dont really click, they have nothing to bring them together,,,to make em flow.
i agree. yellow and black flow much better... unless you have more white on it and just a little bit of yellow...

I`m Batman
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 07:48 AM
i dont know... maybe you can stick some decals on to make it flow 'mo better' , though, I'm not a big fan of too much decals... :)

BenDover
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 07:48 AM
Sorry, I don't like it either. I think with the black it looks much better.

Maybe if you added some flames or some other stuff on top of the white it would look "ok".

Try photoshopping before painting next time, though. :up:

bulldog
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 08:01 AM
Sorry man, I have to agree and say the yellow and white don't really flow together. I think it would be sweet if you painted the yellow parts black.

CAMit...
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 09:03 AM
I'm with you guys. I think there are too many little things that are black and so the whilte just does not work.

I was thinking of maybe going all white and getting some really light yellow color flames from tape works - thoughts on that?

Thanks for the input.

CAMit...
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Not bad, now do some decals. It will be sweet then.

I was thinking might help it out some, brake up the solid-ness of the 2 colors.

I`m Batman
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 09:05 AM
I'm with you guys. I think there are too many little things that are black and so the whilte just does not work.

I was thinking of maybe going all white and getting some really light yellow color flames from tape works - thoughts on that?

Thanks for the input.

i think that might work. you might want to rethink about the YELLOW flames tho. maybe a different color....

CAMit...
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 09:07 AM

I actually tried to do that but I have nada PS skills.... :lol:

CAMit...
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 09:15 AM

Thanks for the input.

i think that might work. you might want to rethink about the YELLOW flames tho. maybe a different color....

I was looking at your RC-51 and from others I've been looking at and it semms that the sccent color is usually black, as was mine originally. So I might need to rethink the whole thing.

Slacker
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 09:19 AM

Thanks for the input.

Agreed - suggest red or Black flames.

I`m Batman
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 09:31 AM
yea, i think black flames on white would look really good.

BenDover
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 09:42 AM

I actually tried to do that but I have nada PS skills.... :lol:

I'm sure there are a few people here that could help you out with that. 8)

Anonymous
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 12:53 PM
The white doesn't blend well into the yellow, no matter where you put it. I suggest putting a black strip, starting at the foremost point of the seat (on the tank) and underneath it (the seat), which runs towards the front of the bike, possibly tapering a bit, running along the bottom of the yellow, to act as a border between it and the white - I think it would create a line with the seat and act as a border between the yellow and white.

Gixxerpilot7
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 01:40 PM
The white rims are really throwing me off. Other than that it doesn't look horrible, but it's not a head turner either.

Anonymous
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 05:19 PM
Contrasting colors will give it dimension.

All that brightness is screaming at my eyes, it just kinda blends into one object with no form.

Pork Chop
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 06:03 PM
:idea: ahh haaa. how about if you also did the upper in white, same lines, then the back wheel yellow, so as to contrast the colors.Maybe a sticker here or there strategicly placed .

CAMit...
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 06:13 PM
:idea: ahh haaa. how about if you also did the upper in white, same lines, then the back wheel yellow, so as to contrast the colors.Maybe a sticker here or there strategicly placed .

That sounds cool.... I think the biggest thing I dont like about it is all the little peices of black everywhere like the screws for the plastics and what not. And the overall theme just doesn'r seem to do anything for me and anyone else for that matter...... :P

CAMit...
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 06:16 PM
removed pic

CAMit...
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 07:44 PM
removed pic

green_zx7r
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 11:24 PM
How about an all white ZX6R? You can also bling it too! :P

Never seen a pure white one before. Guess it'll be a pain in the arse to clean, but still, kinda cool eh?

CAMit...
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 11:38 PM
How about an all white ZX6R? You can also bling it too! :P

Never seen a pure white one before. Guess it'll be a pain in the arse to clean, but still, kinda cool eh?

I think I might go with something like that but some blue to brake it up some. Stripes, flames, not sure. Maybe some race replica type stickers.

THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT GUYS!!!

Bertha
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 11:50 PM
Baby, I got it goin on
A lot of pimps won't like this song
Cuz them punks like to hit it and quit it
But I'd rather stay and play
Cuz I'm long and I'm strong
And I'm down to get the friction on

macktastic brake grabber
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 11:52 PM
i have white rims and i hate them never clean for more than about 5 miles. i you put flames or anything over the white it will look fine . metalic blue ghost flames maybe??? i think that would say bling but polish the rims. too much white.

CAMit...
Sat Apr 17th, 2004, 06:33 PM

GixxStunna
Mon Apr 19th, 2004, 09:52 AM
Here's How you make that bike look sweet... Paint the whole thing white, Black decals, Kawi Green windscreen & Rims (Flourecent Green). Oh shit I want another ZX9 now :) My opinion on the current paint job is a negative though bro.