PDA

View Full Version : Chaparral Motorsports vs. Helmetharbor

mra828
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 12:28 PM
So I was shopping for a new helmet - decided on one and both Helmetharbor.com and Chaparral had the same price.

Ordered it Monday from Chaparral... only chose them b/c HH isn't open on Monday. Verified that the model/color/size I wanted was in stock, placed my order and was told it would ship same day - due yesterday. Sales lady even confirmed that she had secured one for me and it would ship same day.

Called today to locate it...

"Hasn't hit our dock yet" says the guy on the phone.

:? "But it was in stock" I say... "Nope" is his only answer. :guns:

So I cancelled the order and called Helmetharbor.com. First impression is that they are much more helpful - including providing me info on how to check on order status and when he expects it to show up on Fed-Ex's tracking system. Cheaper prices on extra face shields too...

Assuming things go well with HH - I can't see any reason why I'll ever buy use Chaparral again... and now I guess I'm gonna have to confirm that cancelled order is *really* cancelled with my cc company...

geoff

Rick T.
Fri Apr 16th, 2004, 12:33 PM
I've delt with HH MANY times... they are the best - price, quality service. :up:

Star Cycle (www.starcycle.com) is also very good...

mra828
Wed Apr 21st, 2004, 12:21 PM
Follow up:

About 1 hr after my order on Friday I got an email from HH saying that the local distributor was backordered on the color I chose and would be getting them in "around the end of April". Well - that's not so good with the first race weekend being *right at the beginning of May* so I called them to see what could be done. (why Chaparral didn't email/call me with the backorder news??? dunno). The guy at HH was super helpful and got on to the distributor's system and found that they had stock of a different color I liked. He changed the order (along with corresponding $$ change) immediately. The helmet shipped from the dist. on Friday - arrived at HH on Tuesday and shipped out same day, just as they had promised. Got my Fed-Ex tracking info emailed to me immediately yesterday.

:up: :up: for Helmetharbor.com

geoff

shmoab
Mon Apr 26th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Give me some or an example of the price(s) you have paid at Helmet Harbor.

Rick T.
Mon Apr 26th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Give me some or an example of the price(s) you have paid at Helmet Harbor.

I emailed them for a quote and got this: Shoei RF1000 Graphics - $329 Delivered. Smokin'...

mra828
Tue May 4th, 2004, 12:11 PM
I got an RF1000 solid for $259 delivered...

geoff