PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix Motorsports concern

DrQ
Sun Feb 18th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Had them install modulators and the tech made a nice deep scratch in my fairing. Called them back the next day and they told me the mechanic noticed it after doing it.... They made me drive back over there to confirm it, then told me they didn't have the touch-up color & have to go back to repair.

1. Mechanic knew he scratched the bike & didn't say anything.
2. Made me come back to confirm what they already knew.

= concern

Airreed
Sun Feb 18th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Time to call the GM!!!
I think at a minium they purchase a new fairing (and not repair the old one) and give you some "house credit" too.

BlueDevil
Mon Feb 19th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Co Powersports did that a long time ago to my R1.... After 2 weeks of calling, they just replaced the fairing with a new one.
GOod luck in your resolution.

konichd
Mon Feb 19th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Talk to the owner Bill, he has resolved many of my concerns. However I would never take my bike there for service. :(

DrQ
Mon Feb 19th, 2007, 04:08 PM
It's pretty small, about 1.5cm long & narrow, but too deep to buff out & they have to apply touch-up. A new fairing seems like a lot to ask. But wouldn't mind some nice Sidi riding boots, lol. What should I say to Bill under these circumstances?

konichd
Mon Feb 19th, 2007, 04:28 PM
I talked to Bill about my service contract and he was excellent in resolving my issue. He's a pretty level-headed guy, I would just explain what happened and what your options are. Fix the scratch, instore credit, etc.

I won't take my bike there for service, but I still buy parts and tires there on a regular basis. They have always done something to resolve my issue.

DrQ
Tue Feb 20th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Spoke with Mike Mangham (Service Manager) & he touched it up today, but is going to refinish the whole section in a couple of weeks. That outta work.