PDA

View Full Version : Ride Report - Golden Gate, Peak-to-Peak, Hwy 7 (2007-02-18)

TommyTheKid
Sun Feb 18th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Ride Report - Golden Gate, Peak-to-Peak, Hwy 7 (2007-02-18)

Ok, so I saw it was over 50 when I woke up, so I got out of town and hit up the canyons. I suppose I don't need to say it, there was some sand, rocks and other assorted debris. :)

There was a spot or two when the sand was excessive, but for the most part, you can stay in the track. Overall very enjoyable since it has been soo long.

Peak-to-Peak had some "snow-ish" spots north of Nederland. There was a TON of snow still at the side of the road (see attached), very few places wide enough to pull off for a photo op.

Highway 7 was FREAKING AWESOME! There were a couple snowy-ish spots between 72 and Estes Park, but between 72 and Lyons, it was AWESOME, mostly dry, very little sand, and very little traffic. Some poor guy on a nice Aprilla was pulled over in Lyons, sorry man! Met up with some riders from Cheyenne, WY (a few R1's, Ninja? something else?). I was thinking they were all sane and didn't pass, but then they did some "bonus lane" passes on Hwy 66 :p.

After I rode with them back down Hwy 7 then down 66 to I25, I had a flying trip down I25 to Dave and Busters, and barely got my meal down before we had to run down for Laser tag, which was pretty fun, then off to Caldonia's...

started at ~11am, got home at ~9pm, wasn't even too bad for cold on the way home.. ~230 mi, nice day. More tomorrow?

~tommy

PS: sorry for the shitty pics, some day I will remember to bring my real camera up. and some jackass kept putting his finger over the lense apparently, I couldn't see the screen up there, too bright and sunny :)

CanyonCarver
Sun Feb 18th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Glad someone got to get out and enjoy 2 wheels. I didn't risk it today, still waiting for 55+ and strret sweepers!

beavisr1
Wed Feb 21st, 2007, 08:21 PM
Note to self. When taking pics keep the finger away from the lens.

Feb 22nd 1st ride of the year to work again. I hope its not too chilly at 7am LOL.

Glad you got out to ride!!!!!!

TommyTheKid
Wed Feb 21st, 2007, 08:32 PM
Glad someone got to get out and enjoy 2 wheels. I didn't risk it today, still waiting for 55+ and strret sweepers!

I saw them out vaccuming on Sheriden the other day! Gave the guy a thumbs up as I went by, I know, kinda cheesy, but my brain was too slow to come up with anything else ;)

Note to self. When taking pics keep the finger away from the lens.

Feb 22nd 1st ride of the year to work again. I hope its not too chilly at 7am LOL.

Glad you got out to ride!!!!!!

Big stupid fingers.. I think I figured out how it happened, instead, I will try to remember (as in its new home is in my motorcycle jacket) my "real" camera.. still a cheap point-n-shoot, but not nearly as crappy as the phone-cam ;)

YAY RIDING!

~tommy