PDA

View Full Version : Physics of the lean.

Sortarican
Mon Feb 19th, 2007, 03:28 PM

Brizz
Mon Feb 19th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Very NICE.....

Devaclis
Mon Feb 19th, 2007, 03:41 PM
You lookin' at my butt again?

Brizz
Mon Feb 19th, 2007, 03:43 PM
You lookin' at my butt again?

NOOOOOO:yumyum: :oops:

TommyTheKid
Mon Feb 19th, 2007, 03:44 PM
I find myself doing like picture to (on top pushing down) riding around town sometimes to make it feel like I am having more fun, I think? :)

I was trying to at least shift my ass over a little bit today at IMI, don't want to stick my knees out cause I don't have pucks, guess I need strap-on's .. man that sounds bad!

~tommy

rforsythe
Mon Feb 19th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Now where's that pic of the guy who explored physics just a bit too far and has his front end going out from underneath him...

Devaclis
Mon Feb 19th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Now where's that pic of the guy who explored physics just a bit too far and has his front end going out from underneath him...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/flyb0yo21/Bike/IMGP2323.jpg

rforsythe
Mon Feb 19th, 2007, 03:54 PM
:lol:

Not that one, but that is funny.

I`m Batman
Mon Feb 19th, 2007, 04:05 PM
I guess I'm doing something right but I'm still slow... :p

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Feb 19th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Rossi and Spies both crouch down, like I do. Not that I'm speedy or anything, but it works for me....

Sortarican
Mon Feb 19th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Rossi and Spies both crouch down, like I do. Not that I'm speedy or anything, but it works for me....

"Ahhhsooo......Crouching Monkey.....Hidden Gerbil style!"

"But you are no match for my Drunken Turtle!!!"
"Or the ancient Highsiding Crane Flying Backwards Down Asphault Style!"
"Waaaapaaaa!!!!!!!":grab:

Fly boy
Mon Feb 19th, 2007, 05:13 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/flyb0yo21/Bike/IMGP2323.jpg

When you like Phsyics that much you just gotta push the limits :)

Bueller
Mon Feb 19th, 2007, 05:14 PM
We can never get enough of that picture, I'll tell ya.

mtnairlover
Mon Feb 19th, 2007, 06:38 PM
A thought just occured. Are there any videos out there that show these same techniques? For us who learn visually just as much as learning by doing, being able to watch these techniques in action would be helpful as well.

I know, I know...tell me to go to the track, but I was thinking about those cold and blustery days when the withdrawls are working overtime.:)

rforsythe
Mon Feb 19th, 2007, 07:01 PM
A thought just occured. Are there any videos out there that show these same techniques? For us who learn visually just as much as learning by doing, being able to watch these techniques in action would be helpful as well.

I know, I know...tell me to go to the track, but I was thinking about those cold and blustery days when the withdrawls are working overtime.:)

Sure. Watch Speed TV. :lol: Plenty of AMA, SBK, and MotoGP races showing that stuff.

mtnairlover
Mon Feb 19th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Sure. Watch Speed TV. :lol: Plenty of AMA, SBK, and MotoGP races showing that stuff.

hmmm...I'll have to look into that one. Not sure if it comes bundled with the basic cable crap...but, will take a look. Thanks.:)

Mel
Mon Feb 19th, 2007, 07:48 PM

"Waaaapaaaa!!!!!!!":grab:
:spit: I love you!!!

Cath: spring...track....it'll be fine :D

mtnairlover
Mon Feb 19th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Cath: spring...track....it'll be fine :D
Mel...:up:

My Spring Break is the first week of April.

I`m Batman
Mon Feb 19th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Anyone knows when the new track by DIA will be open???? I miss SCR... :( Peublo is too far...

daemon
Tue Feb 20th, 2007, 07:28 AM
i think i have one on my video dump on the beartooth kawasaki forum.
i'll take a look around for you.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Feb 20th, 2007, 07:40 AM

"Waaaapaaaa!!!!!!!":grab::lol:

Too funny!
What did the brown gerbil say to the white gerbil?
You must be new around here........

daemon
Tue Feb 20th, 2007, 07:47 AM
cathy.
the one i was going to post for you has been deleted from youtube.
a guy by the name of mordeth13.
anyway here are a couple for you for fun.
http://www.pistolwimp.com/media/56309/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_uI3JVMZs0
and if you want to search for more....
http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-streetbikes-sportbikes/19652-video-dump-loads-fun.html

konichd
Tue Feb 20th, 2007, 08:08 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCg3BMGe52M

daemon
Tue Feb 20th, 2007, 08:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCg3BMGe52Mthat one is buried somewhere in my video dump....now that i recall

DevilsTonic
Tue Feb 20th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Very good article...Apparently I'm close to having my knee down, but my leathers are new and WAY too tight on my fat ass knees...so I guess I know what my problem is! :D Thanks!

Spiderman
Tue Feb 20th, 2007, 09:46 AM
I used to be like the top-left picture, though at times it felt more like the top-middle picture. Now, I ride more like the top-right picture. I don't know WTF he means by getting your knee down with the bike that upright not being cool... maybe on the street that's true, but on the track, the bike will be more leaned over, and I'll be hanging my head over the inside hand to get an added advantage. 8)

Mel
Tue Feb 20th, 2007, 09:51 AM
According to my pics, I am like the bottom right....does that make my ass look fat?

Spiderman
Tue Feb 20th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Somebody should tell Rossi he's doing it wrong:

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/2006/mgp/jerez-test-nov/grattan/desas.jpg

konichd
Tue Feb 20th, 2007, 10:34 AM
I thought the top right was how it was done? I thought your were suppose to "peak around the door" sort of speak or "kiss your mirror" :dunno:

Don't worry Bob, you can teach me at the Pueblo class. :)

Suki
Tue Feb 20th, 2007, 10:35 AM
whenever i feel the need to get the gsxr leaned over, i have my bf take her out on a ride, get that knee down babe!!!!

daemon
Tue Feb 20th, 2007, 10:46 AM
i have only had one person reprimand me on my riding style.
he was so damn close to me while we were jetting up to cameron pass that i couldn't concentrate on what i was doing.
i have asked several times from people what they may have witnessed while they had the poor luck to be stuck behind me,but everytime i ask they say they weren't paying attention.
regardless, i still keep it upright and not laying on the ground

dirkterrell
Tue Feb 20th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Somebody should tell Rossi he's doing it wrong:

LOL! What lame form he has. :rolleyes:

Yeah, one issue that isn't being addressed with that series of pictures is the front-rear weight distribution which is probably as important as the side-to-side distribution. I like to get weight forward when I'm on the gas in a turn. As I go through turn at less than full speed, I tend to lean forward first, head in line with the center of the bike, then as I take it faster, I begin to move my head and body to the inside of the turn and bring my head down even more, keeping the lean of the bike a little less extreme. It feels like my head is down near the front wheel but it's really just to the side of the windscreen. :)

Dirk

Sortarican
Tue Feb 20th, 2007, 11:00 AM
...... I don't know WTF he means by getting your knee down with the bike that upright not being cool...

I noticed that too.:confused:

Maybe he thinks it increases the chances of launching into a highside as opposed to hanging off riding high (lower right)??????

I just tilt my gigantic head out and it's all the counterweight I need.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Feb 20th, 2007, 11:08 AM
I use my big fat Mullett-Head as counterweight to my big brass ballz and it seems to work for me.....maybe I should get some Titanium Nut-Sliders?!?!?!:D

Brizz
Tue Feb 20th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Or a 3 wheeled wheel barrow...

Spiderman
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 12:32 AM
Could be worse, I suppose... :lol:

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 05:31 AM
Very good article...Apparently I'm close to having my knee down, but my leathers are new and WAY too tight on my fat ass knees...so I guess I know what my problem is! :D Thanks!

Sure...blame it on your knees! Hehe....that's what I do too.

:)

DevilsTonic
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 07:19 AM
All I know is that on tuesday afternoon, I did it all wrong. :D uhm...note to self, don't lean on cold tires and crosswalk tape.

BlueDevil
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 07:50 AM
Im a croucher too......

FZRACE97
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 09:05 AM
I like Einstine's grasp of this concept, and on a Fizzer of course:up:

Mel
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 12:26 PM
I noticed that too.:confused:

Maybe he thinks it increases the chances of launching into a highside as opposed to hanging off riding high (lower right)??????

I just tilt my gigantic head out and it's all the counterweight I need.

I was thinking it has something to do with a lil less control of the bike...when you are hanging off that far, if the bike starts to slide, you aren't on it enough to counteract the forces and save it, and thus seem more likely to wreck.

Devaclis
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 12:30 PM
Wonder how you know this Mel? ;)

sprtbkbabe
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 01:18 PM
Didn't Keith Code nearly, or did..., tm this phrase?

Try this:

www.superbikeschool.com

May have videos, he's got the market on twist of the wrist, etc....