PDA

View Full Version : Ouch! (painful pic)

KooLaid
Sat Apr 17th, 2004, 01:19 AM
Before anyone else got to it, think I'll post it first since it was me. Knew it was gonna happen soon, but not exactly when. Guess I found out and it was tonight. Rug Burn is a b!tch! Especially on both knees! OK now where are the jokes???? More what happened, but I'll tell yall later while I ice my knees down!

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/uploads/Dscf0022.jpg

Pork Chop
Sat Apr 17th, 2004, 01:23 AM
:lol: :lol: Nice dude....yer one odd shaped lil fella, whats with those big ole thighs bro :o

NZ Darren
Sat Apr 17th, 2004, 01:24 AM
What were you doing on you knees?
Or perhaps the question should be who? I suppose you gotta pay the rent somehow.

KooLaid
Sat Apr 17th, 2004, 01:28 AM
years and years of cycling. They used to be 29"-30" around, but they shrunk down to 28" or so since I picked up motorcycles a few years back.

Go on Darren keep on the jokes. I'll let yall have ur fun. Then I'll tell the story or maybe puckhead will if he gets on his thread.

Dysco
Sat Apr 17th, 2004, 07:21 AM
Pics and Videos?

Brizz
Sat Apr 17th, 2004, 07:24 AM
Buckin for promotion? I know it gets cometitive in the Air Force. :lol:

(( LO LO ))
Sat Apr 17th, 2004, 07:28 AM
From the looks of it, he went from Airman to Tech Sgt. last night! :lol:

thunderseye
Sat Apr 17th, 2004, 07:53 AM
cometitive briz? at least we can spell in the airforce

Brizz
Sat Apr 17th, 2004, 07:57 AM
At least you dont have to be on your knees or spell to be promoted in the Army.

Canuck
Sat Apr 17th, 2004, 08:05 AM
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/uploads/Dscf0022.jpg[/quote]

Notice the pants on the lower right hand corner. What you dont see is the "bulk size" can of Vaseline :lol:

towneh
Sat Apr 17th, 2004, 08:06 AM
nah, looks like a single-track incident! an un-timely exit off a hardtail rockhopper on the Monarch Pass above the treeline :lol:
henry (Stumpjumper FSR)

Rick T.
Sat Apr 17th, 2004, 08:31 AM
nah, looks like a single-track incident! an un-timely exit off a hardtail rockhopper on the Monarch Pass above the treeline :lol:
henry (Stumpjumper FSR)

Henry, you mountain bike? NICE... We should plane a ride sometime - already talked about organizing some "chair-lift-assisted" rides up at Copper or Keystone this season. You up for it?

thunderseye
Sat Apr 17th, 2004, 08:41 AM
you are right... in the airforce we have to take test to a promotion ya know those things that the army doesn't require kinda like intelligence they just give ya a waiver if you are below average intelligence

towneh
Sat Apr 17th, 2004, 08:43 AM
i'm a fat old boy hence the full-suspension :lol: --downhill still works but i'll walk on a hard climb!

i'll probably be over at the Buena Vista Bike Fest next month doing the single-track adjoining the old railroad line.

yes, i could be up for slope-riding.....

the Busa is down with a fork seal problem so the wifey and i will take our pedal-bikes to Boulder for entertainment today,
henry

KooLaid
Mon Apr 19th, 2004, 09:32 PM
Ok, here's what happened. We were in a huge group heading east on platte. There were SOOOO MANY damn temp plates looming around. (SCARY!) Well I usually ride up front because experience has shown that the back is the WORST place to ride in a group when it comes to cops. Well, all night these damn newbys and ever since it got even slightly warm, they'll like cut people off and zoom ahead to like jocky for front or something stupid. All I know is, I was 3 row from front on the right, and enjoying those short steep humps in the road where the cross street goes across. Anyways, the guys that have been riding a while know to keep a distance front and back. Here's where I goofed up. My buddy, an experienced rider w/ his new CBR1000 w/ >200 miles was in front of me. I get to the last hump in the road and I'm cruising at maybe 20-25 mph a decent distance behind my buddy. Well I was go over that last hump and I give it a quick throttle blip on the way up for a cool weighless feeling then drop when it rolls down the back side. Anyways, I blip on the front face and like right as my front wheel touches the crest, (bike gets unweighted, front wheel especially) the cbr and who ever was in front him went to nearly a DEAD stop for no apparent reason! WTF?!?!?!? So I grab front brake instantly and just as fast as I grabbed brake, it tucked to the right and I dumped it on the left. All I could see was a cbr1000 rear wheel getting closer and closer. I slide on my chest for about 10-15 feet with minor damage to myself and my jacket while the bike like bounced off the tall curb on the right off the tires, while slding on it's side. What ran through my mind the moment I kissed asphalt was "Oh sh!t all these new guys behind me! Must get up and run!" So I scrambled as fast as I could as the bikes that passed me rolled around me on both edges of the lane. I jumped up and tried to get the bike up and running as fast as I could but the wheels managed to crawl up ontop of that tall curb. Resulting in damage to the fairings above the location of the slider. So someone, not sure who, helped me pull if off the curb, and fired up. I was on the ground on my stomach sliding to riding down the street in a VERY short amount of time. The riders in the back never even knew what happened and they never even stopped! I was too much in a rush to get it going and off the ground. Lost a left mirror though. No one else got involved, just myself so got lucky. They said I got up in perfect timing since a cop car drove by in the opposite direction a second after I got rolling. Most everyone one who rolled past me to avoid me didn't even get a chance to stop because I was already riding past them. So that was my crash for the month, hopefully year.

-PUCK-
Mon Apr 19th, 2004, 10:42 PM
:lol: Yeah, I gotta admit, you go down with more style than anyone else I know bro. You went down and bounced right up like a rubber ball and it was over with in seconds! I'm pretty sure I got you beat in the ouch department though this time.....

(will post pics soon)

firefghtr
Mon Apr 19th, 2004, 11:19 PM
your knees look exactly like mine did after my last crash. like you said hopefully it's your crash for the year.