PDA

View Full Version : 2007 St. Patty's Day Parade - CSC entry sponsored by TK-Faster!

Spiderman
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 03:17 AM
The CSC is once again entered in this year's (Denver's 45th Annual) St. Patrick's Day Parade!

I'm very pleased to announce that the club's entry for this year's parade is being completely sponsored by:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/images/sponsors/TK.jpg (http://www.tk-motorsports.com/)
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/images/sponsors/Faster.jpg (http://www.fastermotosports.com/)
Better together... Together at last!

TK Motorsports (http://www.tk-motorsports.com/)/Faster Motosports (http://www.fastermotosports.com/) have stepped up and agreed to pay the entry fees for all participants (up to 30 bikes), as well as for commemorative t-shirts for each participant (to be worn during the parade, over gear, if so desired). :up:
If you've never visited TK or Fastser before, check them out - they: sponsor many MRA racers and are both official CSC sponsors (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/sponsors.html#faster). They're located right around the corner frome each other, right off I-25 at 8th Ave. in Denver. TK is 845 Wyandot St. (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&address=845+Wyandot+St&city=Denver&state=co&zipcode=&homesubmit.x=0&homesubmit.y=0) and can be reached at 720-904-9040, and Faster is at 2625 West 8th Ave (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&address=2625+W+8th+Ave&city=Denver&state=co&zipcode=&homesubmit.x=0&homesubmit.y=0) and can be reached at 303-825-0975 or 888-567-3278(FAST). 8)

The parade takes place Saturday, March 17. Staging time will be at 9:30 AM. The parade starts at 10AM.

Post-parade activities haven't been made yet, but in the past, we've usually ended up at Breckenridge Brewery (http://www.breckbrew.com/food/pubdenver.html), located along the parade route at 2220 Blake St. :cheers:

Since we are limited to a maximum of 30 bikes, this will be done on a sign-up basis. To sign up, please reply to this thread, but please only do so if you are serious about participating (and braving cold temps in the morning). Don't forget to mention what size t-shirt you want, and if you will be bringing a passenger, what size t-shirt for them (and if you plan on wearing the t-shirt over your gear, please take that into consideration).

Important: Participants must carry proof of insurance - parade marshals may be asking for it. If you can't provide it, you won't be allowed to participate in the parade.

Sign-up has ended, thank you.

Here is the master list:
x. Ralph & Donna (in the truck up front) - L + L + Kids L
1. Spiderman - XL
2. Paul (CSC co-founder) - tentative - XXL
3. Dietrich (CSC co-founder) - tentative - XL
4. DevilsTonic - M
5. Jeffer - ?
6. Bueller - XL
7. Brizz - XL
8. Paulie - XL
9. Cat - XL
10. McVaaahhh - XXL
11. Kim - XL
12. Dean - XL
13. dm_gsxr - XXL (for over the gear)
14. swademaster - XXL
15. jplracing - XXL
16. yoda - XL + S
17. TitanSilverRT - XL + L
18. Frisco - L
19. Suki - L
20. Siate - S (if in adult sizes, if kids than a Large)
21. Pilot - XXL (for over the gear)
22. TommyTheKid - L (for over the gear)
23. vegasbound - XL
24. bandido - XL
25. motaboy - XL
26. 1ofTheBoys - L or XL (for over the gear)
27. ChefQ - XXL + L
28. 89ninjaguy - XXL + XL
29. Snowman - XL + M + S
30. towneh - XXL

Bueller
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 05:26 AM
Bueller -XL

Brizz
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 06:08 AM
Brizz -XL

pauliep
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 06:45 AM
Paulie - XL

Spiderman
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 07:52 AM
Brizz -XLSweet! I didn't think you'd be able to make it.

Cat118!
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 08:11 AM
Cat-XL

McVaaahhh
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 08:43 AM
I'm in. XXL (big boy size. :D )

rforsythe
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 09:00 AM
Brizz -XL

XL? :lol: Dude, you're skinnier than I am.

pauliep
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 09:05 AM

I guess he's wearing a winter jacket and a flak jacket under his shirt

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:2mGg-Ue0L2gRRM:http://www.au104.org/Photo2/images31-35/104Sigs-35_3.jpg

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 09:31 AM
Kim-n-Dean - XL on both

I hope my WR is geared lower than my R1. Don't wanna lose another clutch...

TommyTheKid
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 12:08 PM
Are we allowed to have training wheels? going *parade* slow is hard :p

~tommy

dm_gsxr
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 12:20 PM
Sign me up. XXL for over the gear.

Carl

swademaster
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 02:09 PM
XL

Hopefully I can find someone to watch the kid since my wife is working that morning.

Ralph, would it be possible for him to ride with you if I can't find someone to watch him for a few hours?

jplracing
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 02:15 PM
in - XXL

rforsythe
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 02:40 PM
Ralph, would it be possible for him to ride with you if I can't find someone to watch him for a few hours?

No problem.

swademaster
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 03:09 PM
Thanks

Brizz
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 04:14 PM

AAANNNN DENNNN?:siesta:

yoda
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 08:33 PM
derek -xl
sammie - s (pass)

i will be there my kid wont stop bugging me about it.

TitanSilverRT
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 10:30 PM
Hey Bob,

Count me in for the Parade with an XL and my Passenger a L.

Suki
Fri Feb 23rd, 2007, 08:45 AM
Hey bob did you ever find out if Siate can ride his 110?

Frisco - L
Suki - L
Siate - S (if in adult sizes, if kids than a Large)

Spiderman
Fri Feb 23rd, 2007, 09:10 AM
Hey bob did you ever find out if Siate can ride his 110? Yes, and Yes. 8)

pilot
Fri Feb 23rd, 2007, 09:21 AM
Thanks to all for putting together this event- and to TK for sponsorship.

XXL-for over gear.

Dizzy D
Fri Feb 23rd, 2007, 06:26 PM
Bob - Ralph and I will be bringing my nephew to ride in the truck wth us. Can I get him a shirt also? A kids large.

( If you need to pat for the t-shirt let me know and I will give you some money.)

TommyTheKid
Fri Feb 23rd, 2007, 08:51 PM
Heck, put me down as tentative. I was going to be in the bay area, but I dunno now. I am feeling sorta against spending money (except on bike stuff) :)

Shirt Size: L (over gear) :p

~tommy

Spiderman
Fri Feb 23rd, 2007, 11:45 PM
Sorry Tommy, "Tentative" is only an option for the club co-founders, specifically because they both live out of state (well one of em does, the other just works out of state).

If you want to commit to the parade, that's fine, otherwise I can put you on the alternates list, but there's no garantee that you'll get the shirt size you want.

TommyTheKid
Sat Feb 24th, 2007, 12:14 AM
HEH, I was actually going to ask to be added to the alternates list, then I saw the other "tentative" folks. Put me down as commited. Maybe I should be commited? hmmm :-/

~tommy

Sorry Tommy, "Tentative" is only an option for the club co-founders, specifically because they both live out of state (well one of em does, the other just works out of state).

If you want to commit to the parade, that's fine, otherwise I can put you on the alternates list, but there's no garantee that you'll get the shirt size you want.

vegasbound
Sun Feb 25th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Count me in....XL thanks....!

bandido
Sun Feb 25th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Im in, sign me up

Jorge xl

Thanks

motaboy
Mon Feb 26th, 2007, 07:57 AM
I'll be there. XL

swademaster
Mon Feb 26th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Bob, change mine to XXL.

1ofTheBoys
Mon Feb 26th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Bob, please add me to the list and the shirt size would be large or XL for over the gear.

Thanks,

Spiderman
Wed Feb 28th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Still room for 4 more bikes! 8)

ChefQ
Thu Mar 1st, 2007, 10:53 AM
I'll ride, but I don't do stunts and I don't have any shitty tires to burn.
XXL and maybe a L for the wife

pilot
Thu Mar 1st, 2007, 11:54 AM
I'll ride, but I don't do stunts and I don't have any shitty tires to burn.
XXL and maybe a L for the wifeRode in last year's and found that the back o' the pack was a place for the "save my tires" crowd. Even though it will be cool weather overheating is an issue. Last year, one of the bikes blew out coolant.

Perhaps the support truck can carry a few basic repair items/ramp?

89ninjaguy
Fri Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:21 PM
xxl for over gear

89ninjaguy
Fri Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:25 PM
hey hey hey its me again can i add an xl for the wife thanks oops forgot about her lol no one tell her

rforsythe
Fri Mar 2nd, 2007, 08:10 PM
Rode in last year's and found that the back o' the pack was a place for the "save my tires" crowd. Even though it will be cool weather overheating is an issue. Last year, one of the bikes blew out coolant.

Perhaps the support truck can carry a few basic repair items/ramp?

I'll bring some tools and a ramp, but understand that we will not stop in the parade to load up a broken bike - if one dies, it will have to be moved out of the way onto a side street and wait to get rescued until the end. We'll also likely have kids in the back for the parade so we can put some stuff in there but it will be limited.

Tell you what... I will bring the trailer down. It's huge, and we can lock plenty of gear and other random crap in it during the parade itself - and I can haul 2 bikes in there plus 2 in the bed if necessary.

Some "be nice to your bike" parade tips:
- Burnouts in rapid succession eat up clutches like crazy. If you do one, give your bike some time to cool back down. We've had people crack multiple plates in one defining moment of fury forgetting that one.
- Likewise, if you're gonna do a burn out, do not hold the clutch lever partially in and rev the piss out of your bike. The friction caused by the plates not engaging will burn up the clutch rapidly.
- Batteries do not charge at idle - they drain. Your generator does not put out enough juice at idle RPM to overcome the drain of lights and other things (especially on fuel injected bikes), so it's a good idea to rev the bike regularly - plus the crowd likes it.

Please do not go crazy with the stunts!! It's hit or miss but some of the parade marshals really dislike that stuff. Cops don't care (much). In the past we've been asked not to do any. Unless you are highly experienced, highly safe, always in positive control, and in full safety gear, don't even go there (and I only know a couple riders that might fit that category). We will be in a group of 30 motorcyles with kids in the group, not to mention be surrounded by thousands of people. Just one screw-up can kill someone, and even hinting that you might be out of control is enough to leave a real bad impression and get all of us kicked out.

Dizzy D
Sat Mar 3rd, 2007, 12:02 PM
Do we know how many kids will ge going?

I am asking because I was going to get some candy for the kids to throw during the parade so they have something to do (those that are riding in the truck with Ralph and I).

(I am guessing there will be only a few in the truck with us?)

Bob do we know if there is a theme like last years Mardi Gras theme?

vegasbound
Sat Mar 3rd, 2007, 06:13 PM
I think I need some EngineIce, any one wanna help? I've never worked on my bike before...

If I get stuck in traffic, my engine will climb into 220,230, even 240 once, the dummy light came on and I finally pulled out of traffic, and it cooled down..

Last summer it was getting hot when I was stuck in traffic in the mountains....I had to turn it off everytime traffic would stop for a minute or two.... :banghead:

I've been told by a member Engine Ice could help....

Bueller
Sat Mar 3rd, 2007, 06:15 PM
Does your fan come on?
You might want to take this to "Bike Tech"

Snowman
Sat Mar 3rd, 2007, 06:20 PM
If there is a slot open I can ride, don't worry about a shirt...
I thought the Parade Marshalls told us stunting was a no no…

towneh
Sat Mar 3rd, 2007, 07:18 PM
If there is still a slot that remains in the line-up I am there! I don't need a t-shirt (i know that the count for the larger sizes XXL dwindle fast).
--saving the tread on my Avons--
bus_henry :yumyum:

Spiderman
Sun Mar 4th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Fri Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:21 PM
xxl for over gear
if you want to participate, you must sign-up before noon on Thursday, March 1stI'll see what I can do though. ;)

Please do not go crazy with the stunts!!Stunting is NOT ALLOWED, sorry.
As much as the crowd loves it, we've been instructed not to for (the parade committee's) insurance purposes. We might be able to get away with stoppies, but temperature/sunshine may limit available traction to do so. On the other hand, I don't think they consider burnouts as stunts. :twisted: Just be careful if you do - there are tiny bits of rubber that are flying off your rear wheel... if you're pointed the wrong way, these can go into the crowd and potentially hurt someone.

Do we know how many kids will ge going?As far as I know, only 3, Siate will be riding his dirtbike, and Yoda's kid will be on the back with him, so it looks like it's only your nephew will be in the back of the truck.

I am asking because I was going to get some candy for the kids to throw during the parade so they have something to do (those that are riding in the truck with Ralph and I).Throwing things from a vehicle are not allowed (you're supposed to have someone walking alongside your entry handing stuff out :roll: ), but I've seen others do it, so what the heck - if they tell us to stop, we'll stop.

Bob do we know if there is a theme like last years Mardi Gras theme?The theme for this year is "Irish Roots & Cowboy Boots"... whatever that means! :lol:

If there is a slot open I can ride, don't worry about a shirt...I've added you to the list. I should be able to get you shirts.

If there is still a slot that remains in the line-up I am there! I don't need a t-shirt (i know that the count for the larger sizes XXL dwindle fast).Same thing I said to Snowmain applies to you. 8)

89ninjaguy
Sun Mar 4th, 2007, 02:18 PM
hey anyone know where we are meeting for the parade thanks i should have bike fixed by then 2 weeks

Kim-n-Dean
Sun Mar 4th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Man, I wadded my WR today, pretty good!! Anti-freeze leaking from somewhere and not the radiator and a ton of other crap. I'm only really worried about the anit-freeze leak. See what I see tomorrow, my back hurts too much now!! It was still WAY better than watching TV!!!!! I don't wanna ride my R1 in the parade. Way too high a gear. Parts is parts!!!!

Spiderman
Sun Mar 4th, 2007, 07:19 PM
hey anyone know where we are meeting for the parade thanks i should have bike fixed by then 2 weeksI will send out the info to all the registered participants once I get it. 8)

Man, I wadded my WR today, pretty good!! Anti-freeze leaking from somewhere and not the radiator and a ton of other crap. I'm only really worried about the anit-freeze leak. See what I see tomorrow, my back hurts too much now!! It was still WAY better than watching TV!!!!! I don't wanna ride my R1 in the parade. Way too high a gear. Parts is parts!!!!Dean, I'm sure you'll get it figured out. I hope Kim's leg is ok!

Kim-n-Dean
Sun Mar 4th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Dean, I'm sure you'll get it figured out. I hope Kim's leg is ok!No worries here. Parts is parts, unless the leak is something fatal.

I should probably point out Kim's crash and mine were seperate. She crashed and was back at the truck. I rode some more and was heading back to call it a day and crashed, hard, 20 feet from my truck... I'z got's skilz!!!

yoda
Mon Mar 5th, 2007, 08:41 AM
hey bob my other daughter was wondering if she could ride in the back of the truck. i understand if the answer is no and i already told her it was too late and not to get her hopes up at all. :)

Spiderman
Mon Mar 5th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Shouldn't be a problem. I already placed the t-shirt order tho, so I don't think we can get a t-shirt for her. :|

89ninjaguy
Mon Mar 5th, 2007, 12:18 PM
hello all i regret to inform you all i wont be attending the parade my bike is busted i need oil pan for my ninja cant order till friday and it will be a week till it arrives so i am truley sorry did not intend on this happening if there was any other way to fix believe me i would thanks kevin

89ninjaguy
Mon Mar 5th, 2007, 01:25 PM
ok all i have just ordered my parts so i should have em by monday next week so i should definatly be there lol god i feel like im in an episode of biker build off lol i dont care if it takes me all night the night befor ill get it done thanks all

Spiderman
Mon Mar 5th, 2007, 01:28 PM
:spit: Keep us posted! :D

89ninjaguy
Mon Mar 5th, 2007, 06:28 PM
will do just kinda sucks me being new and all signing up for parade and bike breaks lol but at this point ill be there no matter what that bike will be fixed

yoda
Tue Mar 6th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Shouldn't be a problem. I already placed the t-shirt order tho, so I don't think we can get a t-shirt for her. :|

thanks bob ill see what their mom wants to do cause kinda hard to bring two kids on one bike. thanks for the info and well see what happens

TommyTheKid
Tue Mar 6th, 2007, 08:57 PM
so, are the shirts green? my gear doesn't have any green on it otherwise :D

I will be at the back with the kids :turtle:

~tommy

Spiderman
Wed Mar 7th, 2007, 12:06 AM
so, are the shirts green?:yes: :alien:

TommyTheKid
Wed Mar 7th, 2007, 06:46 PM
:yes: :alien:

Hay, I don't want pinched!

Cowboy boots and Irish Roots... Drunken Cowboys with beer? I gots my cowboy boots, but I've never ridden with em. (at least not my bike) :p <):)

~tommy

dm_gsxr
Thu Mar 8th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Hay, I don't want pinched!

Cowboy boots and Irish Roots... Drunken Cowboys with beer? I gots my cowboy boots, but I've never ridden with em. (at least not my bike) :p <):)

~tommy

Hey, I ride with an Aerostich. Good luck finding a spot to pinch :)

Carl

Spiderman
Fri Mar 9th, 2007, 10:10 AM
FYI - Parade details have been sent via PM to all the registered participants. 8)

rforsythe
Fri Mar 9th, 2007, 11:23 AM
One more thing to add to Bob's PM:

Please make sure you show up on time!!

It's fairly chaotic in the assembly area, and they expect us to get there on time. They will be packing in other groups around us, and you'll have a short window in which to get through easily; after that it becomes much more difficult.

I will try and get there early, but if any of you beat the truck please remember it goes in front! Leave room. The trailer won't be in the parade but will be available for gear storage, and for dead-bike transport after the parade is done. I'm not likely going to be able to park it real close to the staging area, so some of you may need to help ferry stuff back and forth - that will be a lot easier on bikes than moving the truck around. The truck itself will be filled with kids, so I would prefer not to keep much gear in there at all.

I'm bringing a cooler with Red Bull and some bottled water. Anybody wants anything else, it's on you.

Brizz
Fri Mar 9th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Are you gonna bring donuts?

64BonnieLass
Fri Mar 9th, 2007, 11:30 AM
I would be more than happy to bring breakfast types of things for everyone. Donuts, Bagels, fruit, Juice in box. Just to get through the parade before the ride. Any leftovers can be put in the truck if that's kewl?!

dm_gsxr
Fri Mar 9th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Hey, for the performance portion (45 seconds) we could do syncronized donut burnouts or maybe an "ethnic firedrill" where we all jump off the bikes and scurry around to climb on someone elses bike.

Maybe not. :D

Carl

Spiderman
Fri Mar 9th, 2007, 12:10 PM
:lol:

towneh
Fri Mar 9th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Hey, I ride with an Aerostich. Good luck finding a spot to pinch :)

Carl

so, Carl.... is that with an Aerostich or in it ?!?!?

--21 pockets can't be bad--
bus_henry :drink:

btw... Bob, should we try to hook up somewhere b4 the I_field ???

dm_gsxr
Fri Mar 9th, 2007, 01:11 PM
so, Carl.... is that with an Aerostich or in it ?!?!?

With it of course. Have you been in one? It needs to ride pillion for a few months to get supple enough to actually ride in :)

--21 pockets can't be bad--

Not too bad really. You really can't carry all that much. I use the sleeve pocket for the camera and the chest pocket for my wallet. Garage remote goes in lower right leg pocket. Pen and tire gauge in left chest pocket. Change in right velcro pocket. The inside pocket gets the wallet if it rains.

The map sleeve isn't all that good though. Too stiff. It doesn't conform to the leg.

bus_henry :drink:

btw... Bob, should we try to hook up somewhere b4 the I_field ???

Carl

Spiderman
Fri Mar 9th, 2007, 01:36 PM
btw... Bob, should we try to hook up somewhere b4 the I_field ???We can try. :up: Any ideas?

ChefQ
Fri Mar 9th, 2007, 04:28 PM
I live off of 6th and Santa Fe ( close to 6th and I-25) There is a church parking lot right next to my house for the trailer and such. If you dont think it is too far we can do the pre-game there.

Spiderman
Fri Mar 9th, 2007, 04:36 PM
They serve breakfast there? :D

Last year I think we met at a Village Inn, and in the past we've met at Starbucks... I have a feeling we'll prolly do a breakfast thing again, but we still have a week to plan it. 8)

Snowman
Sun Mar 11th, 2007, 10:24 AM
I will try and get there early, but if any of you beat the truck please remember it goes in front! Leave room. The trailer won't be in the parade but will be available for gear storage, and for dead-bike transport after the parade is done. I'm not likely going to be able to park it real close to the staging area, so some of you may need to help ferry stuff back and forth - that will be a lot easier on bikes than moving the truck around. The truck itself will be filled with kids, so I would prefer not to keep much gear in there at all.

Do we have a number of kids riding in the truck yet? I have a possbile two if there is room.

Suki
Wed Mar 14th, 2007, 11:13 AM
ditto, was going to see where the kids are riding (in the bed or back of the truck) cause the nephew is going and my sis was wondering if he could ride in the parade to.

AshliRider44
Wed Mar 14th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Awwwwwwww you guys are gonna have a blast! Take lots of pictures!! :yay:

dm_gsxr
Wed Mar 14th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Heck, I got my camcorder and just got the 12v adapter so it'll run as long as I have tape :)

Carl

rforsythe
Wed Mar 14th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Kids are riding in the bed of the truck, lots of room.

89ninjaguy
Wed Mar 14th, 2007, 06:12 PM
hello all i will not be attending the parade my bikes at faster motorsports being worked on i am sorry im bummed i wish i was gonna be with ya all till next meeting late im out

rforsythe
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 08:15 AM
This should be an interesting parade... We're in between 106.7 KBPI, and Hunter S Thompson's brewery, Flying Dog.

AshliRider44
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Calling for 70's that day!! Woot, great day to dirtbike :)

Suki
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 08:33 AM
This should be an interesting parade... We're in between 106.7 KBPI, and Hunter S Thompson's brewery, Flying Dog.

i'm duct taping a cup holder to the bike and gettin maaaa drink on!!!!!

:lol: just kidding.

rforsythe
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 08:35 AM
i'm duct taping a cup holder to the bike and gettin maaaa drink on!!!!!

:lol: just kidding.

I have 8 cupholders in my truck... Game on. :twisted:

friscokidd
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 11:45 AM
im going to figur out how to attach a 2 liter of iced vodka tonic with a straw to the WR :) you know, to hydrate me with the 70 degree weather

do you think that would be ok?

TommyTheKid
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Simple Solution... Camelback! :)

im going to figur out how to attach a 2 liter of iced vodka tonic with a straw to the WR :) you know, to hydrate me with the 70 degree weather

do you think that would be ok?

Suki
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Simple Solution... Camelback! :)

nope, he left it at the bar up in rampart last summer.

oooh! i shall make one with a zip lock freezer back and some O2 tubing from work!!!

Marauder
Fri Mar 16th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Where are the non-parade riders hanging out? In front of Brecks? Is there parking?

~Barn~
Fri Mar 16th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Where are the non-parade riders hanging out?

Steamboat Springs.
:D

I am sorry I'm gonna miss it though. Hanging out at The Breck afterwards, for a couple 4 or 5 beers, alway was the best part of that parade. Especially when they had their deck outside.

Enjoy errbody! Happy St. Patrick's Day.
:cheers: <---- These beers should be green.

AshliRider44
Fri Mar 16th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Where are the non-parade riders hanging out? In front of Brecks? Is there parking?

Thunder Valley :hump:

Spiderman
Fri Mar 16th, 2007, 03:17 PM
In front of Brecks? Is there parking?Brecks (Blake St.) is along the parade route, so there will not be any parking available there. You will have to find parking off the route... there should be paid parking available off Market St. (the street behind Brecks),

I don't know first-hand, but I've been told that the balcony at Brecks fills up early.

rforsythe
Fri Mar 16th, 2007, 08:26 PM
We've generally been able to find parking in the lot across the street from Breck. We've also generally not paid for it, since it's owned by Coord Field and typically only patrolled on game days. Obviously if there's a dude collecting you'll have to pay, but it's a big lot.

Mel
Fri Mar 16th, 2007, 10:16 PM
nope, he left it at the bar up in rampart last summer.

oooh! i shall make one with a zip lock freezer back and some O2 tubing from work!!!

Camleback http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/295035024.html

InlineSIX24
Fri Mar 16th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Cameltoe http://denver.craigslist.org/cas/295380253.html

Mel
Fri Mar 16th, 2007, 10:55 PM
:spit: OMG....do I even wanna know why you were searching that one?

ChefQ
Fri Mar 16th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Anyone know when the parade is over?

rforsythe
Fri Mar 16th, 2007, 11:21 PM
When it gets done. :dunno:

If I had to guess, we will be done by noon. Parade will still be going for a while I'd imagine.

Marauder
Sat Mar 17th, 2007, 04:47 PM
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3876/dsc00485np5.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00485np5.jpg)
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3114/dsc00486fr4.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00486fr4.jpg)
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6994/dsc00487ob4.th.jpg (http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00487ob4.jpg)
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/2494/dsc00488cv0.th.jpg (http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00488cv0.jpg)

Marauder
Sat Mar 17th, 2007, 04:47 PM
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4368/dsc00489yd5.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00489yd5.jpg)
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9819/dsc00490xm9.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00490xm9.jpg)
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7254/dsc00491tb6.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00491tb6.jpg)
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5590/dsc00492ii5.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00492ii5.jpg)
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3813/dsc00494le1.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00494le1.jpg)

64BonnieLass
Sat Mar 17th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Damn son....you waste no time. I love you for that. :slappers: What a darn secksey group we were.

Marauder
Sat Mar 17th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Damn son....you waste no time. I love you for that.

:up:
That's what I'm here for. I'll have to get the video to Bob.

64BonnieLass
Sat Mar 17th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Bob in his big ass hat, and the burnout pics you got were awesome. Great shots.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Sat Mar 17th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Suki....

Please tell me you had sunblock on.

Nice group all. Looks like you represented CSC in an awesome way.

InlineSIX24
Sat Mar 17th, 2007, 05:27 PM
http://inlinethumb24.webshots.com/2839/2423286770100027354S425x425Q85.jpg (http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2423286770100027354CaalnY)
http://inlinethumb15.webshots.com/3086/2027732610100027354S425x425Q85.jpg (http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2027732610100027354dEQCAo)

InlineSIX24
Sat Mar 17th, 2007, 05:28 PM
http://inlinethumb17.webshots.com/16/2632503570100027354S425x425Q85.jpg (http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2632503570100027354aUdEjG)
http://inlinethumb05.webshots.com/196/2992853030100027354S425x425Q85.jpg (http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2992853030100027354gmVDoH)

InlineSIX24
Sat Mar 17th, 2007, 05:29 PM
http://inlinethumb32.webshots.com/3743/2650313140100027354S425x425Q85.jpg (http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2650313140100027354jEajqi)
http://inlinethumb31.webshots.com/990/2395186980100027354S425x425Q85.jpg (http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2395186980100027354sVxITS)

Mel
Sat Mar 17th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Randall doing a burn out? :lol:
Great pics Jer and Inline! looks like everyone had a great time. Sorry I had to miss out...maybe next year ;-)

InlineSIX24
Sat Mar 17th, 2007, 05:30 PM
http://inlinethumb11.webshots.com/650/2328367210100027354S425x425Q85.jpg (http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2328367210100027354nkdmqd)
http://inlinethumb26.webshots.com/1561/2722902420100027354S425x425Q85.jpg (http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2722902420100027354aleQwI)
--0n the way home--

TommyTheKid
Sat Mar 17th, 2007, 07:49 PM
It was fun. I think I got a bit of "color" on my arms, hope it doesn't turn too red. Came back home and had some lunch (hay, I'm poor), and headed up to Hwy 7 with Paul. We ran St. Vrain a couple times, then headed down Peak to Peak to Ward and down thru Lefthand canyon, with a quck trip up to Jamestown. Nice afternoon canyon run. I promise I will never try to bypass boulder on 287 again! I didn't realize 66 was soo damn far north :p

~tommy

PS: my clutch is still jacked up... but the neighbor also confirmed I wasn't in trouble till it was close to the handle, I think I may be able to open the area by the front sproket and adjust the cable from there (eep).. if I don't show up at IMI tomorrow, come looking for me :P

64BonnieLass
Sat Mar 17th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Tommy, was it Paul you rode with?

TommyTheKid
Sat Mar 17th, 2007, 10:00 PM
maybe, he was riding a GSX-R 750 ahead of me in the parade. I am awful with names, what's my name again?

Tommy, was it Paul you rode with?

TommyTheKid
Sat Mar 17th, 2007, 10:11 PM
PS: my clutch is still jacked up... but the neighbor also confirmed I wasn't in trouble till it was close to the handle, I think I may be able to open the area by the front sproket and adjust the cable from there (eep).. if I don't show up at IMI tomorrow, come looking for me :P

OK, I won't be working on my clutch, cause I don't have a socket thats small enough, and they roll up the sidewalks at 9pm here. It's not like it doesnt work, maybe I will just ignore the problem :D

pauliep
Sat Mar 17th, 2007, 11:37 PM
haha dude, it was a 1000 and it's Paul no worries

rybo
Sun Mar 18th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Hey,

I think I saw you guys on 7 or 66 yesterday. I was heading the opposite direction on a Ducati 748...white helmet, aerostich suit...

Tommy...I'll bring a little socket set to IMI with me.

TommyTheKid
Sun Mar 18th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Did we wave? :p I have a fairly unique looking front end (bat eyes/ears/wing?)

Hey,

I think I saw you guys on 7 or 66 yesterday. I was heading the opposite direction on a Ducati 748...white helmet, aerostich suit...

Tommy...I'll bring a little socket set to IMI with me.

TommyTheKid
Sun Mar 18th, 2007, 09:33 AM
hehe, did I mention I was awful with names. guh, 1000, hay at least I had the Brand/Model somewhat right :p

haha dude, it was a 1000 and it's Paul no worries

pig pen
Sun Mar 18th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Bob in his big ass hat, and the burnout pics you got were awesome. Great shots.

Any nekkid shots of you?? :eyebrows:

Brizz
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 10:34 AM
ha like she would give you the time of day. Ass

Suki
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Suki....

Please tell me you had sunblock on.

Nice group all. Looks like you represented CSC in an awesome way.

haha, of course! i lathered up a few times. though, my dumbass didn't lather up yesterday at the dog park on my back so my arms and front part of my body is nice and white, but my back is effin red! :lol:

Brizz
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 10:37 AM
haha, of course! i lathered up a few times. though, my dumbass didn't lather up yesterday at the dog park on my back so my arms and front part of my body is nice and white, but my back is effin red! :lol:

Speaking of that, thank you fro that sun screen it totally saved me from being wrecked!:)

Suki
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 10:39 AM
next time i'm squirting it up your crack! bwahahahahah

Brizz
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Careful what you wish for...

Suki
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 10:52 AM
so you'll let me squirt it in your crack? SWEET!!!!

oh yeah, and thanks to the sponsors and everyone for the parade. Siate had a blast! he wore his green shirt to school today so he could show that he really WAS in the parade, lol. definitely another great memory for him and he's already talking about doing it again next year, though i think my pale ass will be in the truck next year!

Brizz
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 10:53 AM
so you'll let me squirt it in your crack? SWEET!!!!

oh yeah, and thanks to the sponsors and everyone for the parade. Siate had a blast! he wore his green shirt to school today so he could show that he really WAS in the parade, lol. definitely another great memory for him and he's already talking about doing it again next year, though i think my pale ass will be in the truck next year!

Wait i didnt meant it to come out that way....Um ...............

89ninjaguy
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 11:34 AM
is our club in any other parades like memorial day in commerce city

dm_gsxr
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Rita was all bummed out about missing it and she vows to be in the parade next year.

Carl

Snowman
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Maybe we should figure out a way to make green smoke for next year.

TommyTheKid
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 01:20 PM
http://chemistry.about.com/od/demonstrationsexperiments/ss/smokebomb_5.htm

Maybe a solution of this stuff drizzled over the tires as they were burning out?

Maybe we should figure out a way to make green smoke for next year.

dm_gsxr
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 02:35 PM
GREEN SMOKE RECIPIE
-------------------
Potassium nitrate 20%
Red arsenic 20%
Sulfur flour 20%
Antimony sulfide 20%
Black powder FFF 20%

This mixture must then be heated over a very low flame. It will blend into a plastic substance. When this starts to gel, remove from heat and pour into small glass jars (like baby food jars). Allow the plastic to cool. Embed a few wooden match heads into the mass while it's still pliable and attach a fuse.

Fuses are probably the hardest part, if you can use bought fuses. If not the best is to pour sterno over the top and light it, this will have an unpredictable time delay.

Taken from "Steal This Book" by Abbie Hoffman

Carl

rforsythe
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Something tells me pouring sterno over bike tires during a parade might be frowned upon... As would having the bomb squad called when you bring the ingredients home just to made that stuff. :lol: (Though I did just see Arapahoe County's fairly new Bomb truck drive down the street, looks pretty pimp.)

TommyTheKid
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Not trying to dis the idea, but aren't arsenic and sulfer kinda "bad" for humans? :-/

We gotta find a way to somehow coat the tires with it, or keep it in a solution so it can be pumped onto the tire during the burnout?
~tommy

GREEN SMOKE RECIPIE
-------------------
Potassium nitrate 20%
Red arsenic 20%
Sulfur flour 20%
Antimony sulfide 20%
Black powder FFF 20%

This mixture must then be heated over a very low flame. It will blend into a plastic substance. When this starts to gel, remove from heat and pour into small glass jars (like baby food jars). Allow the plastic to cool. Embed a few wooden match heads into the mass while it's still pliable and attach a fuse.

Fuses are probably the hardest part, if you can use bought fuses. If not the best is to pour sterno over the top and light it, this will have an unpredictable time delay.

Taken from "Steal This Book" by Abbie Hoffman

Carl

64BonnieLass
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Okay you guys, you know the feds are watching this thread right? No seriously they are, and your names are being recorded right this very second. I think lube up someone's butt crack is by far the safer discussion. Always wrong and sick, but still safer. J/k...lol

Marauder
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 04:52 PM
http://chemistry.about.com/od/demonstrationsexperiments/ss/smokebomb_5.htm

Maybe a solution of this stuff drizzled over the tires as they were burning out?

Hmm...what about the lactose intolerant people? Can we subsitute the lactose with soy to make it more crowd-friendly?

TitanSilverRT
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Here are some more pics from Denver's St Paddy's Day Parade.

Just click on the link below.

Enjoy.

Titan Silver RT

http://rides.webshots.com/slideshow/558264648ZtMIZq

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Great pics Titan! Thanks for sharing with us.

Tron
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Thanks everyone for the great ride on saturday in the St. Patricks Day parade! It was good to meet you all and see you soon at The Conico!
Tron.:shocked: