PDA

View Full Version : Any open trails

Bertha
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 04:45 PM
Yeah any open trails right now???

I know rampart is closed will April...

Looking for somewhere to ride this weekend.

Bueller
Thu Feb 22nd, 2007, 05:05 PM
Haven't heard of to many trails open within a couple hunderd miles. Pueblo sounds open, VDR is saying the Hare Scramble is a go, but the snow is coming in Sat. again.

R1chie
Fri Feb 23rd, 2007, 08:27 AM
I hear Texas creek is open but that is a long trip for you guys up north.

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Feb 23rd, 2007, 09:04 AM
Yeah any open trails right now???

I know rampart is closed will April...

Looking for somewhere to ride this weekend.Rampart isn't closed. The gate is closed until April, but all the trails remain open. However, this year really piled some snow up there. It was almost to the top of the gate a few weeks ago. I'm headin' up right now to see if enough has melted to get the quads in there this weekend. Normally, we ride it all winter and we have run into a few English guys on bikes with studs from time to time.

Dysco
Fri Feb 23rd, 2007, 10:50 AM
Went hiking in the heighborhood on Wednesday. An exposed/sunny trail still had drifts about 8' deep but it was mostly open. It'd be difficult on a bike without screws and an entertaining workout on a screwed up bike. Best plan is to wait a few weeks to see if this warm weather keeps up. Or you can get a plate and try out some of the FS roads on the P2P since the 4x4 kids have probably broken paths through them by now.

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Feb 23rd, 2007, 11:36 AM
Just got back from Rampart. The trails are pretty beat down from snowmobiles. Should be no problem for quads. The main road is totally doable but will probably need screws for a bike to get any performance. I would ride it without screws but, I'm not too smart and love bruises...

Suki
Fri Feb 23rd, 2007, 11:37 AM
you love rectal bruises dean!

FZRguy
Sun Feb 25th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Trails? I’d be happy to ride a dry track. Thunder Valley looked pretty good last Wednesday, so might try there on Friday since the weekend snow fell east of the city.

Bertha
Sun Feb 25th, 2007, 10:40 PM
God... I am SOO sick of winter. When's spring again!??! Even though knowing how Colorado is... We'll have nice runs sometime in June.

I might have to look at NM or hell even TX... Does TX have anything? What about AZ?

Bueller
Mon Feb 26th, 2007, 05:20 AM
3/11 Hare Scramble should be nice as long as the snow hold off, reports had the loop shortened a bit Sunday due to some stubborn mud. But another week of drying should help. Oh and Utah has open riding, people going every weekend lately

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Feb 26th, 2007, 07:38 AM
There's some pretty difficult stuff down in Canon City. My buddy has a house in West Pueblo and one in Canon City right by the trails. We've always talked about a party/riding trip down there...

Bertha
Mon Feb 26th, 2007, 08:37 AM
So anyone down with getting something together for a ride in UT or hell maybe AZ? Just wanna get away from the snow and cold and get my ride on.

Ray-Ray
Mon Feb 26th, 2007, 05:45 PM
MOAB Baby!!!

Hoopty
Tue Feb 27th, 2007, 02:28 AM
Dean- you know I'm in for a trip down to Canyon City! :)

Moab sounds fun too. :D

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Feb 27th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Dean- you know I'm in for a trip down to Canyon City! :)

Moab sounds fun too. :DI don't wanna get all technical or anything, but it's 'Canon City' I just don't know how to put the ~ over the N.:p

I'm dieing to go to Moab!!!

R1chie
Tue Feb 27th, 2007, 07:18 AM
I don't wanna get all technical or anything, but it's 'Canon City' I just don't know how to put the ~ over the N.:p

I'm dieing to go to Moab!!!
there is no ~ over Canon City, they voted to remove it.

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Feb 27th, 2007, 08:00 AM
there is no ~ over Canon City, they voted to remove it.I was wondering why they only had the '~' on half the signs...

friscokidd
Tue Feb 27th, 2007, 10:18 AM
moab sounds fun :)

Bueller
Tue Feb 27th, 2007, 07:50 PM
Moab for a weekend? Anyone familiar with a couple decent day rides we could do in the next couple weekends?

Bertha
Tue Feb 27th, 2007, 10:10 PM
I'd be down with a Moab weekend, or 3 dayer or something!

Hoopty
Wed Feb 28th, 2007, 01:48 AM
I was wondering why they only had the '~' on half the signs...

HA! So there! :lol: I know how to spell it, must have been because I was half asleep at work :oops:

Bueller, I'm down for a day trip somewhere or a Moab trip (or both). I'm actually becoming the "full time" owner of the WR450 BTW. :rock: