PDA

View Full Version : ICON: Maybe?...Maybe Not?

nuts4ninjas
Mon Apr 19th, 2004, 10:33 AM
I've read a couple things that people don't likethe ICON jackets. Whast are the reasons? I'm headed over to Performance in a few min to check out some stuff. Did I read coreetly that they don't have a lower zipper to attach pants?

Rick T.
Mon Apr 19th, 2004, 10:45 AM
They don't zip up to leather pants... :| They're ok.

nuts4ninjas
Mon Apr 19th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Yup I noticed that when I went. Oh well, guess I'll duck tape some tp to my tail bone & lower back and call it good :up: then again I don't own leather pants either...lol

KooLaid
Mon Apr 19th, 2004, 02:11 PM
yep, that's the main reason I won't buy the ICON leather and also because it's too damn expensive! The market for em was aimed towards the "stunters" with jeans and all. That explains alot about the gear.

nuts4ninjas
Mon Apr 19th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Yeah the price I have to admit I don't like either but since I kicked ass last month in sales my commission check is going to be nice to me so I'll prob throw up the dough as a treat to myself :D

Rick T.
Mon Apr 19th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Seriously ~ go on ebay and snag you a nice Alpinestars, Spidi, Spyke, Vanson, or Dainese for the same price...

nuts4ninjas
Mon Apr 19th, 2004, 02:41 PM
ooooook I'll go check it out. I could get the ICON for $260 though but I'll atleast take your advise and see if there's anything I like..lol

(( LO LO ))
Mon Apr 19th, 2004, 03:04 PM
I have a mesh timax Icon jacket. I like it but It bunches up on my back unless I have it tied to my belt with supplied loops. I am sure the textile Icons don't have this problem because they are thicker. I love the style of my Icon though. Chicks dig it too! ;)

nuts4ninjas
Mon Apr 19th, 2004, 03:22 PM
If the chicks dig it then I'm totally in. What's killing me is the black & white one giving me a hard-on

KooLaid
Mon Apr 19th, 2004, 04:08 PM
one thing I forgot to look on the ICON is if they can have a back protector installed in it.

nuts4ninjas
Tue Apr 20th, 2004, 08:07 AM
when I checked they had a pad back there but it wasnt very thick or anything. I'd prob throw something else in there

Andreyev
Tue Apr 20th, 2004, 08:19 AM
If yur looking for Icon you might wander over to www.kneedraggers.com. They have Icon on sale.

nuts4ninjas
Thu Apr 22nd, 2004, 08:45 AM
So I ended up getting the Alpinestars TZ-1 or whatever it is in black. pretty happy with it. It's longer in the back than the ICON was so that was a bonus, plus the zipper in the rear.