PDA

View Full Version : Memorial and Scholarship fund for Fallen Soldiers' Families

Brizz
Sat Feb 24th, 2007, 07:17 PM
The 1st Battalion, 67th Armor Regt. Death Dealers have returned from OIF 05-07. Our accomplishments range from training Iraqi Security Forces; to help rebuild areas of Babil and Karbala Provinces; to battling a virulent insurgency. These victories came at a heavy cost. Seventeen Death Dealers gave the ultimate sacrifice this past year, joining their four commrades who fell in OIF 1 in 2003.
We are creating an educational fund for the over 20 children of our fallen. The fund will be a USAA Uniform Gift to Minors Acct. The fund will grow until the child's 18th birthday, at which point it will become available for their use. We hope to raise $50,000 to aide our deceased brothers' children. If you would like to make a donation to this worthy cause, please contact CPT Brett Medsker, adjutant, 1-67AR at brett.medsker@hood.army.mil or phone (254) 287-0794. Please make any checks payable to: 1-67AR Battalion Memorial and Scholarship Fund and send to CPT Brett Medsker, 1-67AR BN, BLDG 31004, 73rd St, Ft.Hood, TX. 76544

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE
SSG Brisbane
US Army

Brizz
Thu Mar 1st, 2007, 01:23 PM
I guess soldiers dying for their country isnt a worthy cause to donate...Thanks anyways..

sprtbkbabe
Thu Mar 1st, 2007, 01:29 PM
Just cause we didn't respond does not mean we didn't contribute :)

Brizz
Thu Mar 1st, 2007, 01:30 PM
Eh no worries...

Skadi
Thu Mar 1st, 2007, 09:36 PM
I posted it as a Blog on myspace with a bulletin since I can't donate right now :usa:

Brizz
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 12:16 AM
hmm i guess ppl dying is not a good enough charity to give to...Fuck it i hope this country gets invaded and you guys have to deal with that..Maybe then you will care about soldiers families.

DeeStylez
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 12:50 AM
hey dude its not that no one cares, I would love to donate but right now I have 4 kids and barely a pot to piss in.....I donate whenever I can and right now im struggling. sorry

Brizz
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 08:35 AM
its not that but honestly i could care less about some one gettin their head shaved...Maybe me seeing ppl die right next to me makes me care less if someone dont have hair.

Suki
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 08:55 AM
hmm i guess ppl dying is not a good enough charity to give to...Fuck it i hope this country gets invaded and you guys have to deal with that..Maybe then you will care about soldiers families.

And this attitude towards people is just as bad. Like Siobhan said, just because people dont respond to your thread doesn't mean that a donation wasn't made, nor do they have to provide an explanation as to why they didn't or can't donate to the fund.

I'm sure you are well aware that there are plenty of charities and funds out there for the families of fallen soldiers.

As far as this country being invaded and us having to deal with that, where the hell do you think you and other's will be called to? you really think that if the war came to US Soil that us civilians would be on our own?

Dont get me wrong Jon, you and countless other's are held to the highest regard for the sacrifices you have made and the service that you are providing, but your attitude has really gone to shit and you're the only person in the service that has made so many negative comments that i've seen or heard, ever.

Be proud of who you are, the job you're doing. Not everyone is going to agree with this war or any other war, but to hear a soldier speak that way about his country is disturbing and heartbreaking.

Brizz
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 09:11 AM
I know for a fact that no donations have been made from this club..Yes my attitude is getting bad when i see some BS about shaving a head and ppl care more about that then these guys taht protect their country. I know for a fact that i personally have given many many things to this club and its members charities. And i ask and NOTHING...So tell me how you feel when you keep filling something that will never do the same for you..

Yes my attitude has gone to shit..But i wouldnt expect anyone to understand how i feel.

mtnairlover
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 09:17 AM
I apologize. The address is sitting on my computer desk at home. Yeah, I've procrastinated, but also have a coupla bills sitting in my backpack ready to be mailed and haven't been by the Post Office.:banghead: Before heading there tonight, I'll be sure to write out my donation check and send it as well.

You are right to be disheartened.

mtnairlover
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Maybe you should drop by my place this evening and give me a swift kick in the patootie to get me to haul my rear-end out to the Post Office with that check. Brizz>:slap: <me

Suki
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 09:28 AM
I know for a fact that i personally have given many many things to this club and its members charities. And i ask and NOTHING...So tell me how you feel when you keep filling something that will never do the same for you..

you're taking a good thing and personalizing it. If you donate time or money to a charity it should be because you want to do it, because you feel strongly about supporting the cause, not because later on down the line you'll post up your own charity and expect other's to contribute.

be upset that people aren't donating to a worthy cause, that's fine and i agree with being upset over that, but dont post up hateful comments of the country that you're sworn to protect because of it.

rforsythe
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Perhaps setting up a Paypal account might persuade people to do this?

It's much easier to do a few mouse clicks when you're bored at work, than to mail a check. I can tell you that R2SL gets hundreds of donations, and the vast majority are electronic, followed by credit cards at the event. Cash and checks are pretty rare for people to give us in person, let alone mail. It happens, but let's just say allowing people to pay via their computer has really helped the cause. Just a thought.

I edited your title, too.

~Barn~
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 03:53 PM
:lol:

So lemme me get this straight... My post gets deleted out, because I call a spade a spade, but the posts stay where Yusuke's efforts are purposefully diminished and insulted? :think:

"Nice Work" to the Mod/Admin that thought that one up.
:roll:

Oh well.... It still doesn't change the fact that success will be met, where success is deserved, and sediment will always find it's rightful home as well.

Carry on.