PDA

View Full Version : St. Baldrick's Foundation: Please donate and watch Yusuke get his head shaved!

green_zx7r
Sat Feb 24th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Hi all,

I've been on the forum for many years but haven't met most of you. Those that do know me, understand that I care very much for children. Last year, a dear friend's daughter, Elsa, was diagnosed with cancer. To cheer her up, I had her paint my race body work and wore it proudly at the Racing 2 Save Lives Miller Motorsports Park event.

I'm hoping to volunteer at R2SL this year again, but I'm also going to be joining Team Elsa for St. Baldrick's Foundation this year. This group helps raise funds for childhood cancer by shaving heads. How cool is it to watch children laugh as they watch people get shaved? :)

Here's the link for the online donation:
http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/shavee_info.html?ShaveeID=6880

My goal is to raise $1000. Anything helps. If you have a moment to spare, I humbly request your support for this cause, and for those that can make it, come see me get my head shaved in Boulder on March 17th. The shaving event will be held at the Republic of Boulder here:
1095 Canyon Blvd.
Boulder, CO 80304

Shaving begins at 11am!!!

Thank you for your support!!!!!

Yusuke

Nick_Ninja
Sat Feb 24th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Mr. Y

You will have my support.

N_N

green_zx7r
Sun Feb 25th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Wow. Didn't expect a response already. Thank you SO much Jeff. I sincerely appreciate it!

Yusuke

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Sun Feb 25th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Yusuke-

I think it's great what you're doing for Elsa and the other kids. I'll be donating by way of turning in about a dozen or so cell phones via the link, http://www.stbaldricks.org/get_involved/ways_to_give/phones_cartridges.html Kudos to you for taking on this for a good cause.

Dan Audette
Sun Feb 25th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Kudos to Yusuke!
You better post some pics of yo shiny head ;)

PS
I was an honor to pit next you last R2SL, your
paint job was fantastic! Brings a smile to my
face everytime I think of it.

green_zx7r
Mon Feb 26th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Thanks guys!

Thanks for donating the cellphones GSXR~SNAIL, and thanks for your support Dan (you are too generous and too cool!!!). It was awesome riding the 7R with the children's energy put into the fairings. It gave me 20HPs just with the paintings! :)

I'll definitely post up my before/after pic. What's funny (or may not be?) is that my wife doesn't know I'm doing this and she's in Japan until the end of March. She's coming back to the US with her mother in tow, only to see my bald ass. We'll see how they both react. Maybe it's a good mother-in-law deterent!

Just for kicks, here's my ZX7R, Children's edition with some familar faces.

Dan Audette
Tue Feb 27th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Nice shots!
BTW I thought it was your head getting shaved ;)

To all you CSC-ites:
Get off your dead butts and donate for this NOW!
Don't make me hunt you down. This is a very worthy
cause. So make it worth Yusuke's while.

Nick_Ninja
Tue Feb 27th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Wow. Didn't expect a response already. Thank you SO much Jeff. I sincerely appreciate it!

Yusuke

What time on St. Pats Day are you going to get your hair whacked off? I need to know this so i can come take pictures :D

green_zx7r
Wed Feb 28th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Hey Jeff,

I don't know yet, but I'll see if Elsa's mother knows the time the shaving will commence. :)

Yusuke

Nick_Ninja
Wed Feb 28th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Hey Jeff,

I don't know yet, but I'll see if Elsa's mother knows the time the shaving will commence. :)

Yusuke

Yo picture will be on the net within 10 beers of the happening --- maybe :drink: :siesta:

PiercedDuc
Thu Mar 1st, 2007, 07:03 AM
Hey Yusuke :hibye: It's been a long time (I think the last time was R2SL 2005). Try to get pics of when your wife and mother see your new Mr. Clean look :lol:

green_zx7r
Thu Mar 1st, 2007, 08:22 AM
Hey Alex! Long time no talk! :hibye:

I'm thinking of taking a friend with a video camera with me to DIA when I go pick up my wife/mother-in-law. That maybe a you-tube short video moment!

green_zx7r
Thu Mar 1st, 2007, 10:30 AM
I updated my original post, but for those that want to get a good laugh, the shaving begins at 11am apparently. Come by if you have some time!

Yusuke

~Barn~
Thu Mar 1st, 2007, 10:42 AM
I won't be able to come see you get your wig trimmed, but it definitely sounds entertaining. I hope you raise a lot of money!
:up:

green_zx7r
Thu Mar 1st, 2007, 01:28 PM
Thanks Barn for your support as well!!!

Would love to see more CSC folks helping out if possible! Pretty please!!!:bow:

green_zx7r
Sun Mar 4th, 2007, 08:56 AM
bump for exposure! :)

rybo
Sun Mar 4th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Yusuke,

Once again I find myself impressed by your care and commitment. You have my support.

Looking forward to seeing you at R2SL.

Scott

green_zx7r
Mon Mar 5th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Thank you for your support Scott!

I'll definitely see you at Miller my friend!

Yusuke

Dan Audette
Tue Mar 13th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Come on guys,
Yusuke is short of his goal, and less than 4 days left!

~Barn~
Tue Mar 13th, 2007, 12:31 PM
:imwithstupid:

If you have it, an extra 5 or 10 dollars isn't going to kill you, to help support a good cause. I mean who doesn't drop a $5 on a single bottle of beer w/tip on any given night downtown.

And plus, who doesn't want to see a perfectly good head of hair get clipped. :lol:

Filo
Tue Mar 13th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Since I am already going bald naturally, I decided you should have to do so too. I want to see pictures here on the 18th at the latest.

Yusuke is now 72% of the way to his goal. I say the CSC should help him get to 100%. It is only another $280. That is $1 from the next 280 of you to read this...

green_zx7r
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 12:14 AM
You guys are awesome. I'm very touched by your energy and support!

I'm almost there thanks to everyone. Only $100 more to go for my goal!

Thanks everyone!!!

Adam, I will post my pic here for sure. Thanks for your support!

Just promise me not to send my bald headed pic to my wife in Japan, or else I'll never see my child again!!! :)

Yusuke

AshliRider44
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Yusuke, I got chill bumps when I saw this thread (finally) thank you so much for what you are doing and you definately have Hoopty's and my support as well!!!! :) I'm so proud to say we were the final 100.00 dollars to get you to your goal!! :yay:

~Barn~
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Bump for a class act.

Dan Audette
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Kudos to Ashli & Hoopty for taking it home.
Now how about we EXCEED the goal?
Let's give everyone a chance to chip in......

green_zx7r
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Ashli & Hoopty, thank you so much for allowing me to meet my goal! You two are awesome!!! :)

Brizz,
I'm going to stay out of your post, but hope you understand from my perspective. I didn't at all mean to take the clubs contributions to charity away from you. I always have been passionate about caring for kids and especially for ones who have unfortunate situations. I have my agenda and I know you do to.
I hope to not create bad blood between us over which charities we choose to help out. Here's hoping you get lots of support from around the country Brizz. I wish you luck in raising money for the soldier's families.

Yusuke

AshliRider44
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Ashli & Hoopty, thank you so much for allowing me to meet my goal! You two are awesome!!! :)

Brizz,
I'm going to stay out of your post, but hope you understand from my perspective. I didn't at all mean to take the clubs contributions to charity away from you. I always have been passionate about caring for kids and especially for ones who have unfortunate situations. I have my agenda and I know you do to.
I hope to not create bad blood between us over which charities we choose to help out. Here's hoping you get lots of support from around the country Brizz. I wish you luck in raising money for the soldier's families.

Yusuke

Yusuke you are the epitome of what "class" truly is. Thank you for what you're doing. :)

green_zx7r
Sat Mar 17th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Thanks Ashli. :oops:

Thanks again everyone for your support and allowing me to meet my goal!
I'll be getting my head shaved around noon time today.
Let's hope my bald ass head doesn't traumatize the children! :shocked:

Yusuke

green_zx7r
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Hi all,

As promised, here's the bald headed freak.

Don't ask what the hell I'm doing. I was just trying to be funny and hold back my tears at the same time realizing how my ugliness multiplies ten fold with no hair!

Ok, I need a drink or two...:drink:

rybo
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Yusuke,

Welcome to the club. Be thankful that you're here by choice...some of us are here thanks to genetics....

Edit: I get a "Word Of the Day" sent to me each day in the interest of improving my vocabulary...today's word is especially fitting.

Calvous (I'll let each of you look it up)

www.dictionary.com

green_zx7r
Wed Mar 21st, 2007, 08:52 AM
Sorry Scott for being insensitive. It's not all that bad, except my helmet is too loose now. When I need to look through the corners leaned over, my helmet falls forward and blocks my view!

The awesome news is that Team Elsa raised close to $10,000.00!!! As a private team of 5-6 people, that's not bad!

Thanks again every one for your support!!!

Yusuke

rybo
Wed Mar 21st, 2007, 09:01 AM
I hope you know I was just joking. The only time I'm even aware of my baldness is when my head gets sunburnt...(in the interest of saving you some pain...use sunscreen or wear a hat)

Congratulations on your team's outstanding effort. Once again I'm impressed by your caring and generosity.

S