PDA

View Full Version : Racing 2 Save Lives

rybo
Wed Feb 28th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Hello all,

Coming up soon is Racing 2 Save Lives and I'm asking for your help in raising money for children's charities in the Denver and SLC areas.

I'm asking you to consider donating to this cause. If you aren't supporting someone else it would be great if you would donate to my effort.

Please check out the R2SL website:

www.racing2savelives.org

If you like what you see please consider supporting my effort by clicking on the link below.

http://www.racing2savelives.org/pledge.php?a=12&b=Scott&c=Rybarik

Better yet, sign up yourself, come to Miller Motorsports Park and ride! It is an unforgettable experience with lots of great personalities all working towards a great cause.

Thanks for reading

Scott

Sully
Thu Mar 1st, 2007, 09:16 AM
Awesome Scott... I've signed up to ride and volunteer too ! :) :up:

konichd
Thu Mar 1st, 2007, 10:13 AM
DK will be there! :) Riding and volunteering.

Hit it ladies! ----> http://www.racing2savelives.org/pledge.php?a=24&b=David&c=Konechne (http://www.racing2savelives.org/pledge.php?a=24&b=David&c=Konechne)

rybo
Tue Mar 6th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Keeping this on the front page....

Sully, post up your link so people can donate there too!

s

sprtbkbabe
Tue Mar 6th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Think I'm close to meeting my match, but I'm happy to accept more :hibye:

http://www.racing2savelives.org/pledge.php?a=10&b=Siobhan&c=Bennett

Sully
Tue Mar 6th, 2007, 10:56 AM
:up:.. You bet !
Hit it boyz !! :boobies:

http://www.racing2savelives.org/pledge.php?a=37&b=Levonia&c=Hartford

rybo
Wed Mar 14th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Coming back to the top.

If you aren't going, please donate to one of these worthy riders who are donating their time and energy to this great cause!

Scott

Sully
Wed Mar 14th, 2007, 01:59 PM
FYI - both Konichd's and Sprtbkbabe's links are broken.. :(

rforsythe
Wed Mar 14th, 2007, 05:04 PM
I fixed your links. Something in how they got posted screwed them up. :dunno:

sprtbkbabe
Wed Mar 14th, 2007, 07:18 PM
I fixed your links. Something in how they got posted screwed them up. :dunno:

Thanks! :up:

Slo
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 02:18 PM
I met a couple at IMI on Saturday promoting R2SL and they were real friendly..... and talked to me and a buddy for a while about the event. I will be putting in my donation soon.

rybo
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 02:20 PM
I met a couple at IMI on Saturday promoting R2SL and they were real friendly..... and talked to me and a buddy for a while about the event. I will be putting in my donation soon.

Awesome! Glad you've decided to support the cause. Any chance you'll be coming to the event?

Slo
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Probably not, won't be able to take time off of work, however it won't hold me back for supporting a good cause!!!! Whatever amount I come up with, I will split it between you and konichd. I will check with a couple of others from other boards to see if they want to help pitch in as well.....

Sully
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Glad to see your support Jay ! :) Maybe next year you can join in the fun !

konichd
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Probably not, won't be able to take time off of work, however it won't hold me back for supporting a good cause!!!! Whatever amount I come up with, I will split it between you and konichd. I will check with a couple of others from other boards to see if they want to help pitch in as well.....

I take back every bad word I said about Gixxer owners! :)

Sully
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 03:08 PM
<quickly looks for the ass kissing smiley>

Slo
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Alright, now it's bugging me, anyone know who I met? Couple had a zx6r with R2SL stickers all over it, and a dual sport as well.....

rybo
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Alright, now it's bugging me, anyone know who I met? Couple had a zx6r with R2SL stickers all over it, and a dual sport as well.....

It was probably Stan and Sharon Foxworthy. They are the folks who are leading the R2SL charge. He was tallish with a beard, she quite petite and with curly hair?

Good folks, very committed.

Slo
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Yeah that is them, very friendly people!!!!

Banshee
Wed Mar 28th, 2007, 02:46 PM
I'm heading out to ride and volunteer as well. Met Stan and Sharon last night at the R2SL meeting, they are definitely great people.

What hotel is everyone staying at? Need to make my reservations soon.

Also, if any of you are interested in carpooling, let me know. See you guys there.
:-)

rybo
Wed Mar 28th, 2007, 03:00 PM
I'm staying at the Best Western in Tooele, don't really know why though, you can sleep when you get home! Glad you'll be joining us, sorry I missed the meeting last night.

Scott

konichd
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Sweet! We're in the same hotel, I can party in yours and then after there's nothing left to break I can head to my own room! :lol:

rybo
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 10:08 AM
note to self---give DK someone elses room number....

Hey, I'm heading out Tuesday to help with set up on Wednesday, what are your travel plans?

konichd
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Myself, KEN, Stawberry Shortcake, Sully and Tanya are heading up first thing Wed. morning (@5am leave denver) and hopefully get there around 2pm or so.

rybo
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 01:07 PM
I'm planning on leaving midnight on Tuesday and getting there around 8 AM Wed. AM.

at this point I'm traveling solo, so if someone needs a ride I've got room for you, but I'm just loading the bike in the back of the truck, so I don't think I have room for an extra bike.

S

~Barn~
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 01:08 PM
How much is a plane ticket to SLC again?
:think:

rybo
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 01:09 PM
CHEAP! Southwest is about $100 round trip.

~Barn~
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Ay Yi Yi....

Why must you tell me things like this, Scott!! I'm over here in "Pinky and the Brain" mode now, trying to figure something out. :banghead:

rybo
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Dude, figure it out. Bring your leathers and shit and get there. I won't promise you a full time ride, but you're welcome to ride my bike for a couple sessions.

konichd
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 01:20 PM
I got an open bike Thur. and Sat. Barnibous. :)

If you can handle a Kawi that is? :dunno:

~Barn~
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 01:24 PM
I'll handle it like Eddie Griffin.

*UGH!* :hump: *UGH!*

konichd
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Since we're the same height...oh wait your fat...nevermind. :)

rybo
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 01:27 PM
I'll handle it like Eddie Griffin.

*UGH!* :hump: *UGH!*

I'm the one offering up the sexy itallian ride here...and if you're going to "griffen" it I retract my offer....

~Barn~
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Lemme think about it. I'll have to see if the better half wants to come with.

How exactly do I sell Tooele to a girl with an indifference towards motorcycles and a penchant for ADD?

Fuck it... I'm just gonna lie and say there's a mall across the street. Ya'll can tell us that it burnt down (tragically), 2 days before we arrived.

konichd
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Tell her the mall is called the "Best Western?" but they only sell postcards.

rybo
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 01:32 PM
You know, I brought three people with last year who were minimally into motorcycles and they really got caught up in the event itself. It's such a cool group of people OFF the track that really care about the act of giving. The silent auction is cool, the racers hanging among us mere mortals is cool and there is generally just a great vibe all around the place.

I'm setting up like I did last year again, there will be chairs, a cooler a radio and stuff in a garage that I'm going to rent. A great place to get out of the sun and relax for a weekend all while supporting something worthwhile. Bring her, and I bet she finds a way to enjoy the event for what it is.

~Barn~
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Since we're the same height...oh wait your fat...nevermind. :)

I might be on the big side, but I've had more sex by accident this month, than you've had on purpose, all year.

konichd
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 01:38 PM
:lol: Glad to see the girlfriend thing is working out for you.

My bikes there for the taking Barn. Feel free to take it out.

~Barn~
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Thanks fellas. I'll see if my probation officer will let me out of the state.
Stay Tuned!...

konichd
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 01:46 PM
When you sign up let us know so we can send some donations your way. Barn is coming, this is better than fuckin' Christmas!

Bassil Duwaik
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Myself, KEN, Stawberry Shortcake, Sully and Tanya are heading up first thing Wed. morning (@5am leave denver) and hopefully get there around 2pm or so.

You guys got a spot for one more?

Bassil Duwaik
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Matter of fact does anyone want to throw in on a U-haul for the bikes?

konichd
Fri Mar 30th, 2007, 07:44 AM
I have a 2-bike trailer I won't be using. But I don't have any room with my current setup, I'm taking 4 bikes already.

Sully
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 08:57 AM
So DK, who is going to use your 2 bike trailer ?

konichd
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:01 AM
Right now, the garage is using it. :lol:

rybo
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:15 AM
As of right now I'm just putting my bike in the back of the truck. If someone needed a bike hauled out there or a ride and DK would let me use his trailer I'd be happy to do so.

My current plan is to leave around midnight on Tuesday, getting to the track just in time to help with set-up on Wednesday.

konichd
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:55 AM
Scott,
I think Sprtbke babe (Soihban?sp) is looking to get a bike up there? I'd be more than happy to lend you my trailer, but I don't know if its going to be RYBO approved. :dunno:

I'll have to send you some pics to make sure it is worthy of the RYBO approval. :)

Sully
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 10:08 AM
It's Siobhan :)

Banshee
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:28 AM
I'm heading up Friday. If anyone needs a bike hauled or wants a lift, PM or call me. I was planning on taking my single trailer, but I also have a 20ft flatbed that can haul quite a few bikes/gear, and can probably get a 2 or 3 bike if needed.

My cell is 321-271-9520.

sprtbkbabe
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 03:55 PM
Thanks to Scott and DK, looks like our third gets to bring a bike! Love ya guys!!!:makeout:

Siobhan

konichd
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 04:00 PM
Thanks to Scott and DK, looks like our third gets to bring a bike! Love ya guys!!!:makeout:

Siobhan

If your staying at the Best Western we'll see how much "love" you got for DK and RYBO! :hump:

rybo
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 04:12 PM
DK....speaking of the trailer, how's it coming along? Did you get it done on Friday? :D

sprtbkbabe
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 04:26 PM
If your staying at the Best Western we'll see how much "love" you got for DK and RYBO! :hump:

Whoa! A two-fer! Whoohoo! Or is that a three-fer? err... :wtf: :lol:

rybo
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 04:29 PM
Well, as I've said in the past: If you are what you eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy....

konichd
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 04:41 PM
Scott,
I have the bed in but might add a small diamond plate storage box in the front for straps, gas cans, etc. I'm going to make a trip to harbor freight this weekend and see what I can find.

This is going to cost you Soihban! ;)

eklew
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:04 PM
DK, let me know if ya need any help with the trailer. Peace.

konichd
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:19 PM
I need help getting my Avian and Water Wetter in the Kwak! :)

eklew
Wed Apr 4th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Did you mean Evian? That shit won't work! I can help you this weekend if needed.

konichd
Wed Apr 4th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Evian is the only water acceptable for the Kwak. I might hit you up Sunday then. :)

~Barn~
Wed Apr 4th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Yo DK... Since I'm never 100% sure when you're kidding or not....
About the Evian...

Not to say that it won't work, but idealy you don't want to use that stuff. I know you're kinda particular about your bike, so spare yourself the expensive mineral water, and get yourself some distilled H20.

If it makes you feel any better, you don't even have to buy the supermarket's brand, you can get you some expensive distilled somewhere, I'm sure.

rybo
Wed Apr 4th, 2007, 12:49 PM
DK,

I have the ability to distill water for you if you want. I'll put it in a fancy bottle and give it a fancy name for you too if you like. It will be a custom, one of a kind distilled water blend....JUST FOR YOU!

What do you say....the evian you're buying is about 6.40 a gallon....I'll sell you the custom blend for $5.00 a gallon....how much do you need? Hell....for that I'll even pre-mix it with Water Wetter for you!

Now just for your own entertainment, take Evian and spell it backwards...

konichd
Wed Apr 4th, 2007, 12:52 PM
I will get some distill water and put some gold flakes in it so the Kwak finds it acceptable. :)

~Barn~
Wed Apr 4th, 2007, 12:52 PM
DK,

I have the ability to distill water for you <snip...>

:spit:

rybo
Wed Apr 4th, 2007, 12:54 PM
glad you liked that Barn

Brizz
Wed Apr 4th, 2007, 01:26 PM
So back to this R2SL thing...Is there a reason that they have to be out of state? (if its in here somewhere im way too lazy to look for it) Based on the various convos that ive had (mostly with racers) It seems in a greeance that we would get much more participation from this Co crowd if it was in a closer location.. I dont know too many ppl that will travel that far for that type of personal expence, when if it was closer they could donate more to the cause..my .02

CBRChick
Wed Apr 4th, 2007, 01:30 PM
So back to this R2SL thing...Is there a reason that they have to be out of state? (if its in here somewhere im way too lazy to look for it) Based on the various convos that ive had (mostly with racers) It seems in a greeance that we would get much more participation from this Co crowd if it was in a closer location.. I dont know too many ppl that will travel that far for that type of personal expence, when if it was closer they could donate more to the cause..my .02

It's mainly due to the lack of track facilities in Colorado. We'd either have to hold it at IMI (not gonna happen) or at Pueblo, which isn't necesssarily in the greatest shape. The original plan was to have the 2006 event back at PPIR, but once that was shut down, we had to find a new facility and fast! We were invited to hold our event at Miller (an $80 million dollar facility).. and who could say no to that :) It's a beautiful large facility, allows us to have up to four events going on at once, and helps promote the national awareness we hope to have one day.

konichd
Wed Apr 4th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Where in CO would you even have it? After PPIR closed, its my understanding Miller was the closest facility that could support the cause. :dunno:

Its only 9 hours Brizz, thats not too far! :)

Brizz
Wed Apr 4th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Well a lil birdy told me that PPIR will be once again open...And we dont need to be the only ones hosting this different states can get their own chapters and do it as well...This group would be more suited to doing it in their own back yard due to expence.

And true PMI is not suited for this type of event.

Brizz
Wed Apr 4th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Where in CO would you even have it? After PPIR closed, its my understanding Miller was the closest facility that could support the cause. :dunno:

Its only 9 hours Brizz, thats not too far! :)
Yeah 9 hours from Denver..Im in Ks on the east side! So way too far out of my league. Looks like ill be donating from a distance and not do any participation..Maybe others will follow..It is a great cause.

Slo
Wed Apr 4th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Yeah I will definitely participate next year regardless of how far I have to go.....Hopefully will have my truck and trailor, along with scheduling vacation time.

rybo
Sun Apr 15th, 2007, 07:34 AM
I just wanted to bump this back to the top, ask for your contribution once more and get the donation links back into the regular conversation here:

Please support one of these fine CSC members and this great event.

To donate to Rybo's effort, press 1

http://www.racing2savelives.org/pled...cott&c=Rybarik

To donate to Sully's effort, press 2

http://www.racing2savelives.org/pled...nia&c=Hartford

To donate to Konichd's effort, press 3

http://www.racing2savelives.org/pledge.php?a=24&b=David&c=Konechne

To donate to sprtbkbabe's effort, press 4

http://www.racing2savelives.org/pled...bhan&c=Bennett

I know there are other members going to the event, please feel free to post your donation links here.

Just a couple weeks away....anyone else excited?

sprtbkbabe
Sun Apr 15th, 2007, 07:49 AM
countdown is 18 days:wait: :banghead: :scream2: :bananna:

Sully
Sun Apr 15th, 2007, 07:49 AM
:bananna: whooooo hooooo !

CurtisRR
Sun Apr 15th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Can't wait to ride Miller and especially for such a great cause.

Hey Brizz there is a slight chance I could pick you up on the way out. One of the people I was picking up may just meet me out there. Not sure when I'd know though, I'll try to get a firmer answer within the next few days.

*KEN*
Sun Apr 15th, 2007, 09:45 PM
I know there are other members going to the event, please feel free to post your donation links here.

If you say so Scott.

http://www.racing2savelives.org/pledge.php?a=52&b=Ken&c=Yee (javascript:ol('http://www.racing2savelives.org/pledge.php?a=52&b=Ken&c=Yee');)

Help me...It's for the kids!

Filo
Sun Apr 15th, 2007, 09:51 PM
If you say so Scott.

http://www.racing2savelives.org/pledge.php?a=52&b=Ken&c=Yee (javascript:ol('http://www.racing2savelives.org/pledge.php?a=52&b=Ken&c=Yee');)

Help me...It's for the kids!

I am with Ken...

http://www.racing2savelives.org/pledge.php?a=14&b=Adam&c=Bennett

rybo
Tue Apr 24th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Coming soon! Get your pledges in!

rybo
Wed Apr 25th, 2007, 08:43 AM
GREAT! meeting last night. After finishing the NTSB thing I grabbed a little dinner and headed over to the final R2SL meeting before the Utah event. Here is what I know.

1. It is amazing to me how quickly this time went. It seems like just a few weeks ago we were doing the kick off meeting at the Breck.

2. The silent auction this year amazing. Well over 100 individual items valued at almost $30,000 have been donated. There is something there for everyone!

3. Over 220 pepople have ALREADY signed up for the event! Now, that seems like a lot, but the facility is so huge that you still won't experience much traffic on the track. It's still the best trackday value anywhere...please come out and play!

4. There are going to be some amazing opportunities to see things you just don't get to see....ever, including Michael Czysz and two of his entirely home grown 990 CC bikes. If you don't know about these check out this site....amazing

http://www.motoczysz.com/main.php?area=home

Finally I know that we can never raise enough money for this cause. Take a moment and donate to one of the riders on here. Many are donating their time in addition to their own money to go to this event. The links to several riders are posted throughout this thread. Every dollar counts, please do what you can.

Scott

friscokidd
Wed Apr 25th, 2007, 04:12 PM
WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!! My boss and i are all set to ride!!

Just thought i would express my excitement with every one.....

carry on.

friscokidd
Wed Apr 25th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Oh yea...does any one know if we CAN camp at the track in a camper???

Devaclis
Wed Apr 25th, 2007, 04:17 PM
You are expressing your excitement right up against me. I am happy for ya, but please, put that thing away :)

When is the deadline for donating?

rforsythe
Wed Apr 25th, 2007, 05:58 PM
You are expressing your excitement right up against me. I am happy for ya, but please, put that thing away :)

When is the deadline for donating?

There isn't really a deadline per se, though if you are donating on behalf of a rider it has to be done by about a day before they come to registration or it won't count towards their sessions.

rybo
Thu Apr 26th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Bumping to the top of the list again!

Banshee
Fri Apr 27th, 2007, 08:49 AM
I'm getting pretty stoked... Have to swap out the cooland and all that jazz this weekend on the Banshee, then clean the carbs on the track bike. I've still got room on the trailer and in the truck if anyone wants to tag-along last minute.

Auron
Sat Apr 28th, 2007, 11:22 AM
I have a few questions if anyone would like to help me out:)

Can we safely leave our bikes at the track overnight?

My radiator cap can be accessed just barely through the bodywork but it would be hard to put a dip stick in there to check for water w/o taking off the bodywork. Will I need to take it off?

Can you pay your track fees/dotations with a CC?

Thanks!

rybo
Sat Apr 28th, 2007, 02:39 PM

Can we safely leave our bikes at the track overnight?

My radiator cap can be accessed just barely through the bodywork but it would be hard to put a dip stick in there to check for water w/o taking off the bodywork. Will I need to take it off?

Can you pay your track fees/dotations with a CC?

Thanks!

There will be garages available for rent at the track that are pretty secure. I left my bike there all last year without issue. Leaving it out in the paddock is less secure, but has been done. Like anything, do either at your own risk, but histroy shows that it should be OK.

As for tech, make it as easy for the tech inspectors as you can. These guys are going to be looking at 200 bikes a day and every one that takes "just one more minute" to inspect...well you do the math. It's a lot of extra time that participants will have to wait in line. It may take you 10 extra minutes to put your upper back on, but it will save a lot of time in the inspection line.

Yes, you can pay with a credit card. MC/Visa. Or you can pay in advance with a CC through paypal by donating to yourself.

Looking forward to seeing you out there!

Scott

scott_tiller
Sat Apr 28th, 2007, 05:12 PM

Thanks!

Since I will be doing tech all 4 days I can answer that for you. Yes you have to take off the body work. However once I check it the first day, if you leave your tech sticker on from the previous day, I will only need to check it once on the first day and thats it.

Trina

FZRguy
Sat May 5th, 2007, 01:43 PM
So how’s it going out there...good turnout, weather, etc.? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

pilot
Sat May 5th, 2007, 08:06 PM
So how’s it going out there...good turnout, weather, etc.? Inquiring minds want to know. :)+1.

rforsythe
Sat May 5th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Thursday was cloudy but not too bad, Friday was very wet - but we still had a surprising number of riders out there. Today was mainly just cold, but we got a little rain in the afternoon. However, Sunday is looking like warm and sunny finally, so it should be a good time!

Turnout has still been really good, and today we presented a "check to the charities" for $70,000. :up:

pilot
Sat May 5th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Just pulled this of the NWS:

Tonight: Scattered rain and snow showers before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. North northwest wind between 11 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 58. Northwest wind around 13 mph.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 39. Northwest wind between 5 and 11 mph.

and here is a NWS camera shot from South Mountain next to Tooele/Miller

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/images/slc/camera/loopCams.php?camName=southmountain&numFrames=24

64BonnieLass
Sat May 5th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Hope the sunshine finds you guys for a great end to the week. :)

And WOW, what a sum of money you all raised. Really quite impressive. Congratulations to you all for such an amazing feat.

Have a super great time guys.

rybo
Sat May 5th, 2007, 10:10 PM
I've been putting daily updates on my webpage

www.spleenlessracing.com

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Sun May 6th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Scott-

Great diary of things going on out there. Sorry to hear about your bike, but thankful, as I'm sure you are, that people are stepping up to let you ride theirs with Ben. Kudos to all of you guys. Have some fun out there and let us know how the ride goes with Ben.

sprtbkbabe
Mon May 7th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Quick update on those of us who went out:

There are still quite a few of us coming back over the next couple of days and you'll hear from everyone, I'm sure, as they remark on here. But, my co-workers and I who went out, had a BLAST today! We had to make a half day of it Sunday. Luckily, we were able to catch the end of the storm that made the drive back bearable through the snow in Wyoming (I'm still amped from 4-8, or 9-13 cups of coffee, sugar...:crazy: not sure how many)

Tragically, Rybo went down on Sasha's R6 chasing B Boz. The bike's a loss and thankfully, at least last I heard before we left, that Scott only broke a pinky. :( He's very, very lucky! So, catch up with him if ya can, just to let him know.

I'm off to unload the prili and hope exhaustion takes over, finally!

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Mon May 7th, 2007, 05:17 AM
Damn...glad he's alright.

rforsythe
Mon May 7th, 2007, 07:27 AM
Sasha's bike didn't look like a total loss to me, though I didn't get that close to it. Was the frame bent? Just seemed like the usual fairing/brake reservoir type of stuff that almost always gets broken off in a crash. In any event Scott was a little sore last night but still stayed until almost 10pm when he got a lot sore, helping us load up. Donna loaded him up with Ibuprofen for his drive back to Park City where I'm glad he was staying for the night, instead of driving back.

We had 381 participants sign up this year (a record!) and despite fears that a few days of pent up aggression would turn Sunday (which had awesome weather) into a crash fest, people kept it in check and we only had something like 4-5 crashes in 4 days of non-stop riding. I was able to get out for a session (finally) and can say the full course rocks, as does the Daytona 675 that Chris Swallow from Utah Sportbike Rentals let me ride - if you are flying out in the future and need a bike for the track, he's the man to call!

I know I have almost 800 pictures, and we have many thousands from the photographers that were out. Pixels Photo actually ran a 4-day motorsports photography class at our event, so we had a small army of those folks running around clicking away, and from what I am told they got some great shots. I even took Neil from Pixels up in the plane and we got some aerial shots for half an hour, I'm still waiting to see how those turned out.

All in all, despite the weather we still had a great event and surpassed last year's charitable donations! I'm off to finish strapping bikes into the trailer and fly back with Donna, I'll post up pics later. Thanks to everyone from CSC who came out!!

mtnairlover
Mon May 7th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Congrats!!! On the record turnout and funds raised. You guys rock!

Sorry to hear about Scott and Sasha's bike. I know he was so very pumped to be riding with B. Bostrom. On the upside, glad you're ok, Scott...oh, and YOU GOT TO RIDE WITH BOSTROM! W00t!

:)

~Barn~
Mon May 7th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Damn, that sucks. Hopefully you're all good Scott, and hopefully Sasha is "cool like that". I know you're gonna take care of it, but still... Drag.

Anybody catch how it happened? If they were riding the East course though, I'm gonna put my guess down on turn 4.

Mel
Mon May 7th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Yeah, scott, what happened? How are you feeling after the fact?

Archangel
Mon May 7th, 2007, 02:34 PM
I'll let RYBO tell what happened 1st hand...

No one else was rising the track a the time, other then the Bostoms, and their 2 students. The Celtic Racing Team and the Motocyzes (I completely f'up that spelling) were also on and off the track at the time.

Sully
Mon May 7th, 2007, 04:29 PM
All I can say is AMAZING !!! Yesterday we rode full course session from 1:00 - 6:30 :hump:....:bananna:... it made up for all of the cold and rain we had the previous days... Glad I was able to be a part of R2SL this year ! :up:

Thanks everyone :)

CurtisRR
Mon May 7th, 2007, 08:53 PM
I want to pass along a Thank You to all the R2SL organizers & volunteers.

Had a great time out at Miller even with the not so great weather.

And lastly nice to meet a few of you.

Hope to see some of you at VIR.

rybo
Mon May 7th, 2007, 10:37 PM
OK, so here it is, the official report on what happend.

First and foremost, all four days were amazing. I spent a lot of time with new riders both in the rain and in the dry. I spent a lot of time on the track and it really was fantastic. I was also able to take several volunteers for two up rides around the track. The other volunteers were amazing, some of them stood in the rain for hours at at time so that riders could go out. We had others that worked in registration and tech inspection tirelessly to make sure that the needs of our participants were met. An unbleiveable week.

Now the part you've all been waiting for: 1-on-1 with Ben Bostrom

This was clearly one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Ben showed up and we had a quick introduction, made a game plan and headed out on the track. We did a warm-up lap and then he wanted to follow me around for a couple of laps to see what he could learn about my riding. We pulled into the pits and his first words were "Scott, you're a great rider, you have amazing corner speed, but your line is a touch off." He then was going to lead for a couple of laps and show me a better line than the one I had. As we went around the track I saw it in a new way, Ben talked a lot about thinking about the track in terms of tenths of a second. How can I go through here 1/10th faster? Miller is a really wide track, so there are multiple lines that work through a corner, but there is always the "fastest" line. We went around the first time at about 7/10ths my regular pace. The East track at Miller is more technically complex than the west course, and I was glad that we were riding there as I really appreciate technical courses. As we came around the final turn he tore down the front straight at more than my full pace. Sasha's R6 was running really well and I could hang as I twisted the throttle to the stop. Then he went into turn 1....the only words going through my mind at this point were "holy shit!" I probably even said it out loud in my helmet. He backed it in, let off the rear brake and then took off like he was shot from a cannon. This is one thing to watch from the stands, it's another to watch from 4 feet away when you're trying to keep up. At this point I was thinking that I had a lot to learn. The track then moves to two very fast sweeping corners that I typically do well in and Ben was gracious enough to slow down for me. Then the work really started, it was on me to use the new lines through the next 5 corners to effectively shave seconds from my lap times. Ben was a great teacher, he learned my pace quickly and for the next couple of laps he let at 105% of what I had been doing, he then waved me past and I led for several laps at the new pace. It was totally amazing and I had no idea that I could go so fast on a motorcycle. We then pulled in and we talked about hitting the same line every time. There is a section of track on the East course called "the attitudes" it is three corners in very short succession left, then right then left down a hill. It's an amazing section of track and I was capable of negotiating it at my old pace with ease, but the new line through turn 6 had me coming into the attitudes with about 30 mph more speed than I ever had before. I blew the line through there two laps in a row and when we pulled back into the pits I asked Ben to lead me through there at about 80% then 90% and then let me pass for the 100% attempt. I did one lap through and missed my enterance, but on the second attempt I nailed it. It was OFF THE HOOK, I sailed through there! We pulled off and Ben was like "you nailed it, that's exactly what we were talking about" At this point we were about 50 minutes into my 1 hour session with him and we agreed to just go ride, swapping out the lead. I led the first lap and Ben followed, the next lap we changed positions. I totally nailed my line and did my best ever lap at Miller, clicking off a high 1:43, which is a very respectable time.

It was on this lap that the accident happened. I nailed turns 1-4, and while Ben pulled me, it was no where near the whipping I took on our first lap. As I rolled into turn 5 (close barn!) I missed my apex by about 1 1/2 ft. I was trying hard to get back on my line, so I turned the bike in a little deeper. As I rolled closer to the edge of the rear tire I was also trying to pick up the throttle and maintain my drive off of the corner. This was rookie error #1, I was adding throttle as I was leaning over further. Then the rear wheel started to spin up. I had my knee on the ground, rear wheel spinning and the back was drifting out like a dirt track bike. At this point I was in over my head, I'd crossed the line for sure and had been spinning the rear wheel for about 50 feet (the skid mark was really impressive) Then I made rookie mistake #2....as hard as I tried I could not hold the throttle open. The rear end hooked back up and I went for a highside ride. In my mind it all happened in slow motion and as I was sailing above the earth looking down the words "this is going to end badly". Anyways I hit the ground, did the "ground, sky, ground, sky, ground, sky" routine and came to a rest. I counted to five after I thought I'd stopped to make sure it was true and then sat up. The bike was already off, so I didn't have to worry about getting it shut down. Then Ben came back and asked what happened. I told him and he said "we've got to go check out the skid mark, it will tell the whole story!" He was really excited about it and turned it totally into a teachable moment. It was amazing to watch him disect the crash and tell me how if I had been on my line it probably wouldn't have happened.

I got a ride back on the crash truck in front of an admiring audience and got the bike back to the garage.

Sasha has been incredibly cool about the whole thing. She is a good friend and we will work out the details of getting her bike back together. I'm hopeful that we can work it out in time for her Hastings race.

There are great riders, Ben is clearly one of them. On top of this he's a genuinely nice guy and an excellent teacher. I learned more about riding in an hour than I have in the past couple of years.

Pictures to come.

I'm sore for sure, the extent of my injuries is pretty minor considering the crash (about 80-90 mph highside, I flew about 30 feet between where the bike flipped and where I landed). I consciously pulled my arms in to avoid breaking my collar bone. I broke my left pinky finger, have bruised my glutes, left hip and left knee pretty good and re-agrivated a lower back injury that I got over the winter.

I can clearly say that it was worth it. I certainly wish I hadn't tossed Sasha's bike and would change that if I could. That being said it was my first big crash in 5 years.

Getting tired and heading off to bed, will type more tomorrow

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Tue May 8th, 2007, 05:21 AM
Glad you're o.k. Scott. You're explananation shows how good people really are in Sasha and Ben.

mtnairlover
Tue May 8th, 2007, 05:30 AM
Absolutely amazing...chance of a lifetime...what an experience...just speechless.:)

Filo
Tue May 8th, 2007, 07:27 AM
I have a short update from my R2SL experience. I spent all day (except 3 laps on the west track) working on the auction on Thursday, most of the day Friday (except 10 laps on the sumo track) working on the auction. Saturday I took Mike Smith's bike out on the west track, but only made 2 laps before the checker flew (thanks for the bike, Mike). The rest of the day I hid from the weather, talked to people, took pictures, and worked on the auction. Sunday came and I worked on the second silent auction (stuff that came in too late for the first one). Then, thanks to Chris Swallow at Utah Sport Bike Rental, I got to ride one session on the full track. Turns out I can't remember how to ride anymore! It was still a blast. I only made about 6 laps, but that is because a lap is more than 4 miles. Even given all that work, I had a good time. Scott unfortunately managed to have much worse of a time, but how many people can say they highsided trying to hold off Ben Bostrom?

Here is one of the three pictures I managed to take:

DevilsTonic
Tue May 8th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Glad to hear you're ok Scott, sounds like you had an amazing experience riding with Ben.

I can't wait to see the pics. Heal up!

cdbouncer
Tue May 8th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Wow - glad to hear you're ok. Sounds like all in all it was an amazing weekend! :)

so...can you ride with a broken pinky? ;)

rybo
Tue May 8th, 2007, 09:17 AM
so...can you ride with a broken pinky? ;)

Yup...

Here's what I can say about CSC'ers. Within 15 minutes of coming off the track with a borrowed bike that I had crashed 5 folks from here were offering up their bikes for me to ride.

In the same time frame another person asked if I would be willing to give them a 2 up ride....why anyone would want to get on the back of a bike I was driving at that point was really beyond me. I declined on the 2-up, but another person, who had worked her ass off all weekend and not gotten any track time (Shortcake with her snazzy new 636) wanted someone to show her the line around the track. T-Byrd let me borrow her Monster and off we went.

Shortcake had so many new things going on...she was on a track for the very first time, she was on a new bike and wearing one piece leathers for the first time too. Anyways we came out onto the track (Miller full course, a pretty epic first track experience) and motored around. We agreed that we would do one lap and then pull in and see how we both were doing. She went slowly, but did a great job of holding her line and looking through the turns! She decided that she wanted to go out again and we did. I led again and as we came around through the "attitudes" I looked back to see people passing her 4 wide (2 on each side of her) through the most techincal section of the track. She held her line and did a fantastic job! The pack passed and I looked back and signaled to ask if she wanted to pull into the pit or go for another lap. She said she wanted to go around again (at this point she became my hero, getting passed like that on your second ever lap has to be scary). We went down the front straight and I let her pass so that I could follow her for a lap. Miller full course has 23 turns, and in two short laps she had learned effective lines through about half of them, that is truly amazing and a much faster learning curve than I have for sure.

She pulled in and I took a couple of "hot" laps on the monster. It was freaking fantastic, and I hit every line that B-Boz and I had practiced earlier in the day. I can't wait to get healed up and back on the track at 100%

s

~Barn~
Tue May 8th, 2007, 09:24 AM
:spit: Shortcake is money.

I think if my first track day ever was at Miller, and I had just gotten passed full-zoot by 2-on-each-side through the mini corkscrew Attitudes, I would have parked it right there. That section is hard enough to nail, when you're by yourself! :lol:

Archangel
Tue May 8th, 2007, 10:09 AM
This was a video from the guy who was riding with the other Bostom with Scott on the track.

http://www.bwhip.com/images/EBozMMPEastR2SL.mpg

Here's the thread he started on the UtahSBA board.
http://www.utahsba.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6349

pilot
Tue May 8th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Epic story there Scott, epic. We'll have your superman cape back from repairs in no time at all. Glad you faired it out.

konichd
Tue May 8th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Shortcake for AMA 08! :)

rybo
Tue May 8th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Shortcake for AMA 08! :)

I second the motion.....all in favor?

konichd
Tue May 8th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Truley Scott, after your crash I have to give you a big thanks for taking her out there. She wanted to go out so bad but didn't trust anyone but you, and you put everything aside from the morning and didn't hesitate to take her out. :)

Big props man! As Barn would say "Well fuckin' played, well fuckin' played."

Devaclis
Tue May 8th, 2007, 11:03 AM
**cough bachelor of the year *cough cough

konichd
Tue May 8th, 2007, 11:04 AM
I'm going to have my spleen removed so I can be just like Scott! :)

~Barn~
Tue May 8th, 2007, 11:05 AM
:lol:

I try not to cuss too much with Scott. He's a more urbane sort, than most of my cohorts.

Slo
Tue May 8th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Holy SH*T Scott, great story....one of the few where even reading it got me excited!!!!

Hehehe, I am already tucking money aside for next years auction!!!!

500rgurl
Tue May 8th, 2007, 11:25 AM
I had a great time! Anyone going to VIR in August?

konichd
Tue May 8th, 2007, 11:26 AM
:yes:

rybo
Tue May 8th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Holy SH*T Scott, great story....one of the few where even reading it got me excited!!!!

Let me be clear, anyone bidding on the Ben session for next year is going to have a VERY hard time out bidding me....

konichd
Tue May 8th, 2007, 11:27 AM

The auction was AWESOME! There were tons of good deals to be had and even though I didn't have a lot of money to spend I walked away with a lot of sweet stuff....one being Eric Bostrom's signed helmet! :)

500rgurl
Tue May 8th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Just need to find a way to get the bike's there with out having to drive again! driving sucked!

Slo
Tue May 8th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Let me be clear, anyone bidding on the Ben session for next year is going to have a VERY hard time out bidding me....

Hahaha, well I can't be competitive with you on the track, but I sure am hell gonna try my hardest to be competitive with you in the auction!!!!

Sortarican
Tue May 8th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Holly Highside Batman, great story Scott.
And to get right back on the horse?
Way to make the most out of the experience without letting a little adversity get the better of you.:up:

If there's anything I can do to help you get Sasha's bike fixed up, just let me know.
(I am Strong....like Bull....Smart.....like tractor!)

And remember, when high-siding, try to get the most out of it.
Take the opportunity to enjoy the view.
I also like to yell out something like: "Hey, I can see my house from here!".:silly:

rybo
Tue May 8th, 2007, 12:52 PM
I also like to yell out something like: "Hey, I can see my house from here!".:silly:

The words uttered in my helmet were "This is going to end badly"

konichd
Tue May 8th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Also, when you lock your trailer keys in your trailer, Home Depot sells some bitchin' bolt cutters for $19.98 and a spare lock for $8.89 :)

Shortcake
Tue May 8th, 2007, 01:58 PM
This weekend was so amazing, anyone who didn't make it out should definatly make a point to get to utah next year!!! It was so great to meet all of you! The riders and volunteers were fantastic!
David and Scott, I can't thank you enough for everything. :)

Archangel
Tue May 8th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Also, when you lock your trailer keys in your trailer, Home Depot sells some bitchin' bolt cutters for $19.98 and a spare lock for $8.89 :)

When did you do that?
How big is that trailer? 6x12?

Sortarican
Tue May 8th, 2007, 02:04 PM
The words uttered in my helmet were "This is going to end badly"

LOL, read somewhere that the most common last words recorded on an airplanes black box are:
"OH, SHI...."
(Or the equivalent in the pilots native language.):banghead:

konichd
Tue May 8th, 2007, 02:04 PM
I noticed at 7-11 at 6am is not when your thinking clearly. :dunno:

I think the trailer was 8'x18' it held 4 bikes, all our gear, and 100 gallon diesel tank.

Props to Tom Warren and John Marasco for not only being major sponsors of the event, but also donating thier time and hooking me up with a sweet rig with all expenses paid! :)

Sully
Tue May 8th, 2007, 02:29 PM
And thanks to Konichd for letting Tanya, Shortcake and me wear our Victoria's Secret lingerie during our evening pillow fights at the hotel :eyebrows:

shacheri
Tue May 8th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Hey everyone!

I finally figured out how to get back on the forum...got dumped off a while ago and never had time to fiddle with it.

Anyway, just wanted to post up a huge THANK YOU!!!!! from Stan and I. All of you were fantastic and helped us in more ways than I can count. Thank you for continuing to uphold the R2SL reputation of excellence! Can't tell you how often I welled up with tears of gratitude for each one of you. Thank you, thank you, thank you!:)

The cold weather was difficult on everyone, but you all made the best of it. Glad you all had a chance to ride and get some playtime in.

Stan is out to Vegas for a tradeshow through Sunday. When he gets back, we will figure out how/when to get started work on VIR.

Meanwhile, do me a favor and email me some great comments that I can start compiling for my sponsor campaign. We still need a lot more corporate involvement - they need to know how awesome this event really is!

gratefully yours,
sharon foxworthy
R2SL prez
srfoxworthy@speedtrail.net

konichd
Tue May 8th, 2007, 02:32 PM
No problem ladies, but I am wore out! :)

konichd
Tue May 8th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Also White Line Photography will have R2SL photo's from Sunday up on their website by Wed. or Thur this week.

Here is thier website, just click on the RS2L link on the bottom of the page

http://www.whitelinephotography.com/

Archangel
Wed May 9th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Comment from the UtahSBA board:

bwhip -
Did you see that kid, 13 year old PJ Jacobsen flying around the track on Sunday at R2SL? Check out this video footage through turns 3/4/5 on the east track. I was coming up on some riders in front of me, looking for a way around. We were moving at a pretty decent pace. Suddenly, PJ comes ripping through. I watched the guys in front of me shaking their heads, going, "I don't believe what I just saw!" I was pretty impressed!
http://www.bwhip.com/images/GoPJGo.mpg

rybo
Wed May 9th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Yeah....there's a reason that the #1 plate is on that bike....even on the full course, where the 125's should have a HUGE disadvantage he was passing guys going into turn 1. It was like his bike didn't have (or need) brakes.

Slo
Wed May 9th, 2007, 11:46 AM
damn haha, that is nice.

Filo
Wed May 9th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Yeah....there's a reason that the #1 plate is on that bike....even on the full course, where the 125's should have a HUGE disadvantage he was passing guys going into turn 1. It was like his bike didn't have (or need) brakes.

My son got his autograph. He was in the pit next to mine and we talked about how fast he was. The autograph says something like "To Sid, Great to meet you. Tell your Dad he needs to go faster. J/K PJ" So now I have to put up with - "Gee dad, how come you aren't as fast as a 13 year old?"

Archangel
Wed May 9th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Pictures are starting to come up on:

http://www.whitelinephotography.com/

Follow the link at the bottom... WARNING there are 1000's of pictures and it brought my computer and our network to a halt. The sys admins here at work weren't too happy with me.

Spiderman
Wed May 9th, 2007, 01:47 PM
OK, so here it is, the official report on what happend.

First and foremost, all four days were amazing....

Now the part you've all been waiting for: 1-on-1 with Ben Bostrom...Great story Scott!!! Glad you're okay! Props for going out post-crash! :bow:

rforsythe
Wed May 9th, 2007, 02:04 PM
I so wish they would break up those pics into some sub pages, hope y'all have broadband! :lol:

We had some local media out there as well...
http://www.thecherrycreeknews.com/content/view/1321/2/

Archangel
Wed May 9th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Look, proof that I was really on the track:
http://www.whitelinephotography.com/r2sl/sunday3/portfolio/R2SL_12_195.jpg

rybo
Wed May 9th, 2007, 04:44 PM
A couple of pics....

One of me in front of B-Boz (only because he let me) and another just banking it in....

rybo
Wed May 9th, 2007, 09:58 PM
a little bit of love from the guys at superbike planet...

http://superbikeplanet.com/2007/May/0705098iu4.htm

FZRguy
Fri May 11th, 2007, 02:10 AM

I try not to cuss too much with Scott. He's a more urbane sort, than most of my cohorts.

So would he be a metro-sexual? :lol: