PDA

View Full Version : Where did you ride today (3/04)?

Spiderman
Sun Mar 4th, 2007, 07:01 PM
I just got back. :cold:

Started at around 3PM in Morrison, went up 74 ("Morrison Road") to Kitteridge, hung a left on Parmalea Gulch Road, took that to 285, then went south to Turkey Creek Rd, took that until it met back up with 285 again, then took that back to Morrison. Nice little loop, kind of a figure-8 (I don't think I've ever done that configuration of it before).

Lots of sand out there, be careful everyone. Even though I was creeping through the corners, my rear end still stepped out on me a few times.

So where'd everybody ride today? 8)

DevilsTonic
Sun Mar 4th, 2007, 07:06 PM
I rode the office chair in front of my computer all day. Fucking Work! and Fucking Microsoft DST Updates GRRRRRR :banghead:

mtnairlover
Sun Mar 4th, 2007, 07:48 PM
I confess...I didn't ride a canyon today.:cry: But, I did finally ride on a track.:D http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=146576#post146576
and had lotsa fun, too.

Next Sunday? Canyons baby, canyons!

asp_125
Sun Mar 4th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Got to do some break-in miles on my friend's 07 Gixxer-thou. Saw some CSC riders leaving the Conoco in Lafayette, hope y'all had a great ride. US36 to Estes was one big construction traffic jam in Lyons, so I turned south. St Vrain Canyon was remarkably free of sand and snowmelt. Just some light dust near the center line. Then rode up to the 'Haus where Angie was hanging some new artwork, and met some older riders belonging to the "twisted shaft" BMW club. Great day to be out.

Devaclis
Sun Mar 4th, 2007, 08:56 PM
285 to Pine junction - 105 to Monument- 25 for a bit- 83 to Franktown. over to Sante fe, to the TOAD

eklew
Sun Mar 4th, 2007, 09:06 PM
I rode my girl's bike around the block !!!

Slo
Mon Mar 5th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Went from Morrison Conoco to Evergreen, roads were pretty decent, a little water here n there but good for most as long as you can hold a line.

Came back down after lunch and headed up Golden Gate...... Again, gotta be able to hold a line to stay in between some light gravel. Most of it was a good ride as well until towards the top, the last 3 miles had to go pretty slow around the turns.

Peak to Peak in my opinion sucked (sand and water) but once in Nederlands coming down Boulder Canyon, was pretty nice, of course, lots of traffic, still had to hold a line and squeeze between water run off and also take it easy around some turns......

Definitely worth the ride just to get out of the city!!!!

leviathin
Mon Mar 5th, 2007, 09:57 AM
285 down to 36, had lunch at oscer blues, then headed up to estes via 36 then down 34, construction on 36 just after lyons wasnt to bad at all, maybe 5 min wait, but it opened up the road ahead from cars, so the twisties were nice.

Suki
Mon Mar 5th, 2007, 10:13 AM
I rode my girl's bike around the block !!!

what a wussy!!! :lol:

alan rolled the gsxr out of the garage onto the driveway and then warmed it up, then i rode it from the driveway back into the garage. i'm hardcore like that!

Sully
Mon Mar 5th, 2007, 11:13 AM
alan rolled the gsxr out of the garage onto the driveway and then warmed it up, then i rode it from the driveway back into the garage. i'm hardcore like that!

doh !!! :slap:.. I had Sully's bitches wash and wax my bike... <cracks whip> cuz dat's how I rolls .. !

Vehicle 1
Mon Mar 5th, 2007, 11:28 AM
I just got back. :cold:

So where'd everybody ride today? 8)

I did a similar route through Kitteridge on Sunday, but I went all the way towards Deckers. I turned around before the last section, after the wide fast sweepers but before Deckers; the roads were ok until that pint. Once again, some of the turns had gravel, but plenty of them didn’t. Temps were ok, but for some reason it seems that on 285 it’s always colder than on the other roads…
(gave up the idea of making it to PMP on Sunday...:cry: )

D.

Sortarican
Mon Mar 5th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Started at around 3PM in Morrison.....

Ran around town, then along the hogback and up Bear Creek to Evergreen.
Was heading down about the time you were going up.

It was a little too sandy and wet to get crazy. Some small rock scaling too.
I got behind a guy that was playing polo with the rock chunks. He was trying to kick em off the road, but it messed me up not knowing where they'd come to rest.
So I took it pretty slow.:turtle:
The creekside lane was a lot cleaner so had more fun on the downhill run.:)

Did you notice all the shattered fiberglass on the hillside heading up, just outside Idledale?
Looked like fairing parts.:banghead:

konichd
Mon Mar 5th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Went for a ride from my garage to the trailer. Then drove to TFOG to drop the bike off. :)

eklew
Mon Mar 5th, 2007, 03:45 PM
what a wussy!!! :lol:

Why can't you get your own damned bike out of the garage??? huh, huh??? j/k:slap:

CBRSue
Mon Mar 5th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Nuttin' wrong with havin' a beau to prep your bike for ya! It's like havin' a pit crew take care of ya when you race... she gets to save all her energy for the best part - the ride! Suki's got it goin' on!

I finally got my ol' bike out today - Lookin' forward to some warm weather and a group ride!

Bandit
Mon Mar 5th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Short ride up Cheyenne Canyon to the parking lot up top. Sand all over the place though.

Messina748
Tue Mar 6th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Deer Creek Canyon - nothin' but sand....

beavisr1
Tue Mar 6th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Since its been a little nicier I have been riding to work on some serious twisties.... Simms to Bowles to C-470 to quebec and back again LOL