PDA

View Full Version : Handlebars!!!

AshliRider44
Wed Mar 7th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Hey guys! So I had a little run in with a tree last summer, literally, and bent my handlebars. Nothing serious, cant really tell on open road but on tight trails its an issue.

Anyway, I need reccomendations on brands of handlebars. I went for the Pro Taper but want to be sure thats a good choice before commiting.

:hump: Thanks! :boobies:

Devaclis
Wed Mar 7th, 2007, 02:13 PM
I reccomend this brand:

http://web.onetel.net.uk/%7Ejameshole/moustache2.jpg

Bertha
Wed Mar 7th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Hey Ash this is pretty much what I have on my bike.

The new triple is so you can use the oversized bars, this comes with the bar and the top triple.

http://www.motosport.com/offroad/productDetail.php?prodId=101269&nav=&sMMY=SUZUKI;RMZ250;2004

To look at others go Bike Parts -> Bars and controls then enter your bike.

I use the Twin Walls but the Pro Tapers are REALLY nice too. BTW I order most of my stuff from Motosport and they are QUICK!

Devaclis
Wed Mar 7th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Kind of on the topic, do they make dirtbike bars with the clutch/throttle cables hidden in the bars? To make them less likely to get grabbed by branches and stuff?

Bertha
Wed Mar 7th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Kind of on the topic, do they make dirtbike bars with the clutch/throttle cables hidden in the bars? To make them less likely to get grabbed by branches and stuff?

Not that I know of, but not a bad idea!

Bueller
Wed Mar 7th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Not that I know of, but not a bad idea!

No they don't. FWIW in 37 yrs. of riding dirt I have never snagged a cable, I use barkbuster type handguards and have never even broken a lever.

There are many bars out there, you can't go wrong with Pro Tapers or most any 1 1/8" tapered bars, the biggest concern is the profile you get, different people like different profiles.

Buddau
Wed Mar 7th, 2007, 04:33 PM
I bent my bars also last year. I got myself some Pro Tapers. :up:
Don't worry about upgrading the size of the tube. 7/8 is fine unless your doing huge jumps and stuff.
Get yourself some bar guards and you'll be fine.

AshliRider44
Wed Mar 7th, 2007, 05:34 PM
I bent my bars also last year. I got myself some Pro Tapers. :up:
Don't worry about upgrading the size of the tube. 7/8 is fine unless your doing huge jumps and stuff.
Get yourself some bar guards and you'll be fine.

Awesome!! I'll get those, cant wait to ride Sunday!!! :) anyone else wanna go, Kim or Dean???? Just got your message on Daves phone TODAY, hes a dork and a half!! Hes like "never got that messsage WTF!!!??" LOL Anyway, we were thinking pueblo or something fun!

Alchemist
Thu Mar 8th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Headed to VDR Friday and possibly Watkins Sunday...

Chikaleen
Sun Apr 1st, 2007, 06:59 PM
The pro tapers on my bike have held up through thick and thin, go with those.