PDA

View Full Version : Road report Bear Creek-Evergreen-Conifer

pilot
Thu Mar 8th, 2007, 09:36 AM
I had to continue the task of breaking in the new tires so yesterday's ride went up the canyons. I took off from the Morrison Conoco about 3:30 pm. The traffic was light except for the occasional school bus. The route was: Bear Creek, Hwy 74, from Morrison to Evergreen; then Hwy 73 to Conifer; under US 285 to Pleasant Park Road (which winds down that sharp canyon hill at High Grade Rd); then down Deer Creek Rd to Deer Creek Canyon Rd to SB Wadworth past Chatfield; crossing over to Titan Rd via Waterton and N. Rampart Rd.

Overall, the roads were in good condition mostly light sand. High Grade Road was medium to heavy sand. Wet spots were few and far between- however, an early morning jaunt may be met with an occasional patch of ice- especially on the east/west shaddy sections of the roads. Return time 5:15 or so and about 50 miles.

Ride safe,
Pilot

Sortarican
Thu Mar 8th, 2007, 09:48 AM
First:
All hail the return of the prodigal son! :hibye::up:

B:
Thanks for the report.
Went up through a lot of that Sunday and it sounds like it's getting better.

Also:
If you need to put more miles on the tires I guess I could take it off your hands for a day........ or 12.
I know, I know, mighty big of me to offer.
But what can I say, I am a river to my people. :roll:

pilot
Thu Mar 8th, 2007, 10:12 AM
First:
All hail the return of the prodigal son! :hibye::up:

B:
Thanks for the report.
Went up through a lot of that Sunday and it sounds like it's getting better.

Also:
If you need to put more miles on the tires I guess I could take it off your hands for a day........ or 12.
I know, I know, mighty big of me to offer.
But what can I say, I am a river to my people. :roll:

I dunno J... that's a "mighty big" bike for ya. Seriously though, you are more than welcome to give me your opinion of these new tires. They've only been available to the public since the start of March.

I'm available for daily rides.

Repsol a095
Thu Mar 8th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Pilot,

What do you think about going to IMI on Sat, March 8?

Sortarican
Thu Mar 8th, 2007, 01:44 PM
I dunno J... that's a "mighty big" bike for ya.

Oh, I misunderstood, I thought you were talking about the Lotus.:yumyum:

pilot
Thu Mar 8th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Oh, I misunderstood, I thought you were talking about the Lotus.:yumyum:That needs new tires too. Care to pitch in?

pilot
Thu Mar 8th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Pilot,

What do you think about going to IMI on Sat, March 8?Looks like I've already agreed to ride with Jay in the morning. What are your planned times to meet at IMI?

Sortarican
Thu Mar 8th, 2007, 04:04 PM
That needs new tires too. Care to pitch in?

Sure......you'll take a third party, out-of-state, post dated, government check, right?

pilot
Thu Mar 8th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Sure......you'll take a third party, out-of-state, post dated, government check, right?Oh my, are we talking check "kiting"?

*KEN*
Thu Mar 8th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Looks like I've already agreed to ride with Jay in the morning. What are your planned times to meet at IMI?

Looks like you'll be at IMI at Noon with us :)

pilot
Thu Mar 8th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Looks like you'll be at IMI at Noon with us :)Looks like this is turning out to be an "all bike" weekend.

Kitelovers
Thu Mar 8th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Oh my, are we talking check "kiting"?<perk>
Did someone mmention my name??? Hey, what kind of "special" tires are they: make and model?:siesta: