PDA

View Full Version : All dirt Border to Border

GSL
Thu Apr 22nd, 2004, 04:29 PM
Hey y'all,

Just thought I post this here in case anyone was interested. I'm organizing and all dirt border to border ride, for hopefully sometime this fall. It'll an Ironbutt ride in true fashion, and actually, we're going to require that you already have IBA certification to even participate.

The route will generally be Juarez, Mexico, (El Paso crossing) to some point in Canada near the Montana / North Dakota border. An attempt will be made to do this ride within a 36 hour window.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, check us out over at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/groups/dirtss1k , the yahoo group where we planned last year's DustyButt 1000.

We'll also be looking for witnesses for either end of the ride.

Cheers,
Will

VK freak
Thu Apr 22nd, 2004, 08:38 PM
Slick Willy you are a tru mad man :twisted:

:D
slef

BigE
Fri Apr 23rd, 2004, 12:37 AM
If I can manage to get my dirt bike lined up that sounds like fun! Guess I'd need to get in a cetification run too :)
Any idea of when you're planning on going?

GSL
Fri Apr 23rd, 2004, 10:04 AM
Well, I was thinking about the weekend AFTER Labor Day weekend, because one of the committed riders has already stated that Labor Day weekend is not an option for him.

Then I realized that the weekend after would be the weekend of 9/11. Prolly not a good idea either. Border crossings will be on high alert that day.

So.... maybe the weekend before Labor Day weekend (last weekend of August)

It's all up in the air at this point. I see you signed up over on the yahoo group, so details and voting will take place over there.

Cheers! :up:

GSL
Fri Apr 23rd, 2004, 10:05 AM
Slick Willy you are a tru mad man :twisted:

:D
slef

Hi slef! :D