PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Question...

daemon
Sat Mar 10th, 2007, 09:55 AM
yesterday while i was out running and shopping i stopped at one of the local dealerships.
greeley honda yamaha.
http://wildwestms.com/Default.asp
while talking to one of the sales guys i mentioned that i was looking for custom map for my zed.
he told me that they had recently put in a dyno.
dyno jet approved.
after speaking with the service tech i found that they have had it for 3 months now.

my question is:
should they be trusted to know how to tune a bike if they have only had a dyno for 3 months?
is 4 hours labor a decent price(around 300$)???
what kind of wear and tear does a dyno do to a bike?

okay 3 questions,but i want to get the bike tuned.
i never did it when i moved out here.
i just fiddled with my power commander till i was somewhat pleased.
still i know it could be better.

thanks for your help.

King Nothing
Sat Mar 10th, 2007, 01:16 PM
I would just take it to faster/TK's and get things taken care of there. Of course you live in BFE Colorado. :p

daemon
Sat Mar 10th, 2007, 02:49 PM
I would just take it to faster/TK's and get things taken care of there. Of course you live in BFE Colorado. :p
yeah,kinda my reason for asking.....distance for 4 hours or better standing around waiting

The_Jackel
Sat Mar 10th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Ask if they are a Dynojet certified tuning center. If so then they took the classes to be approved by Dynojet so they should be trustworthy. Although a good tune isnt easily accomplished, but the chance of your bike getting serious damage is pretty slim. So find out if there insurance would cover your blown up bike which it should.

That is about the right price.

A Dyno will not harm your bike any more then normal use. Just make sure your bike is in perfect running condition, at least check tires, chain/sprockets, cooling system and oil, to avoid any issues on the dyno.

daemon
Sat Mar 10th, 2007, 05:23 PM
thank you.... and i did ask that question.
i guess it is really up to me on whether or not to trust them..
they do work on harley's though,so i guess they are trustworthy...:tomato:

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Mar 12th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Mayo-
You can always take your bike to twinpeaks which is just north of longmont, i think off of hwy 66...they are very good/trustworthy there as well.

BlueDevil
Tue Mar 13th, 2007, 06:47 AM
I know its a bit of a trip to go to Faster, but IMO worth the drive. Combined with TK they have everything in 1 building. These guys have all done hundreds maybe thousands of maps and are masters of the trade... Believe me, they will find the power if it is in that bike...
Plus they are usually cheeper than that 300 figure U got. If U R speknding money in that range, U mise well get every penny worth. Ive got nothing against the dealer, Ive never been there....but In my experience a specialized shop is almost always a better way to go.....

Good luck in your decision.

daemon
Tue Mar 13th, 2007, 07:53 AM
i trust the members of this board and will take all of the opinions seriously.

sounds like i need to call TK again and get a quote and set a time...

irdave
Wed Mar 21st, 2007, 09:36 PM
Might be too late now, but I'd ring Aaron Clark, www.clarkiemotoworks.com. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone better, and more honest. And he recently moved here to northern Colorado, Longmont area.