PDA

View Full Version : Most excellent son of a beotch ride

pilot
Sat Mar 10th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Danged if I don't love the Colorado weather. We left Morrison at around 10 am. Seems we had to wait forever for this guy on a leaky Triumph to show up. He gave some lame excuse about traffic-I think it was more like hair-of-the-dog!~ Up 285 we went and waited at the gas station at Pine Junction for the invisible man to show up for the ride (twiddling thumbs). Then we boomed down a clean run to Pine for lunch at 11, errr, well, let's just say we got there at 11 because some dumba.. (me) said they opened up at 11. They actually opened at noon.

So one rider says, "Hey, did anybody else see that motorcycle license plate in the road?" Yah, you got it right, it fell off one of the bikes all the way up the hill back at Pine Junction. We all waved good bye to that rider. So three of the guys come up with the great idea to blow some time by riding up to PJ and back down again. A little while later one rider shows up. No other two guys though:(. We wait, and wait and Oh here they come. They rider in front gives us this shit eating grin and says, "I DID IT!" "You did what?" we say. "I CRASHED!:crazy:". I'll let him fill in the details, if he wishes. Well, we had a good plate of food and made the run down to Woodland Park. On the way back (reversed route) it began to snow like a SOB. Every ten seconds I gave my helmet the finger-to wipe off the snow.

Yep, as Slo1299 said, "A great ride!"

Sortarican
Mon Mar 12th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Even with the weather it was still a fun ride.
Haven't been up that way since the year after the fires.

Did you notice Sunday that the damn TV weathermen didn't say a word about how badly they blew the forcast?
(20% chance of scattered showers....yeah, right.)
I'm thinking of sueing.

BTW,
Just to clarify, I prefer the term "Fashionably Late".......butthead! :)

pilot
Mon Mar 12th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Even with the weather it was still a fun ride.
Haven't been up that way since the year after the fires.

Did you notice Sunday that the damn TV weathermen didn't say a word about how badly they blew the forcast?
(20% chance of scattered showers....yeah, right.)
I'm thinking of sueing.

BTW,
Just to clarify, I prefer the term "Fashionably Late".......butthead! :)

Ow, that hurts:cry:... I'm gonna go clean my chain!