PDA

View Full Version : Cuz got a bike

Bassil Duwaik
Sat Mar 10th, 2007, 06:21 PM
yup yup proud of him for making that move. He got a 2005 ninja with 4500mi for 5500 I think. My concern was that the bike was too much for him being that it's been a long time since he last rode or ever rode a bike like that.

The reason I say was is because as I was showing him how to ride he dumbed the bike and broke his clavicle. Damn I feel/felt guilty about it. For what it's worth I did everything to the best of my ability to ensure that he rides well. Got him familiar with it in a parking lot and then progressed to bigger things from there.

So after riding around he's picking it up quick and we're both hungry after practicing for hours we take the bikes to grab something to eat. Upon leaving he gave it too much throttle and the gravel didn't help much and wiped out going only 15mph.

He's optimistic about riding again and I'm helping him put his bike back together so hopefully soon we can all go for a ride with him. Problem is that it could be a while before I'm willing to take him back out on the roads again. But he'll get there later better then never.

Scruff Dog
Sun Mar 11th, 2007, 10:33 AM
How old is he?

Bassil Duwaik
Sun Mar 11th, 2007, 11:59 AM

pilot
Sun Mar 11th, 2007, 01:17 PM
How about him taking an MSF class?

Bassil Duwaik
Sun Mar 11th, 2007, 05:46 PM
MSF classes?

rybo
Sun Mar 11th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Motorcycle Safety Foundation

Great into riders course on small bikes. Graduate from the beginners class, show up with the cert card and $1 to get your license motorcycle endorsed from the DMV

Check out

www.t3rg.com

Bassil Duwaik
Sun Mar 11th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks RYBO

Bueller
Tue Mar 13th, 2007, 06:48 PM
How old is he?

He must be a FOG, otherwise why would it be in this forum.

pig pen
Sun Mar 18th, 2007, 02:45 PM
all you old bastards need to give it up!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 05:05 PM
all you old bastards need to give it up!

I'll hang it up the minute you can even stay in my mirrors....:alien:

Mel
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 05:12 PM
:lol: Yeah pigfucker. Cycle Monkey has a suzuki so he owns the streets AND the racetrack. Whatchew know bout a gixxer one thou?

64BonnieLass
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Yea I have to agree on this. I'm not a long time rider and I do believe that experience is where it's at, but the MSF course does help a ton. I really would put him in that direction. Even if he has his license, he should still take the course for knowledge sake. 21 year old MALE, with testosterone and a bike, with no learning curve equals "fucked". He needs some fine tuning and an "adult" to show him the ways of the world. Just my .02.

Mel
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 05:20 PM
He needs some fine tuning and an "adult" to show him the ways of the world. Just my .02.

"adult"? :lol: you saying Bassil Duwaik isn't an adult? Because I have it on good authority that his Ducati can go over 150, and that he always posts later to check on the people who eat shit behind him. Sounds pretty adult and responsible to me.
Though I would like to know why the hell Bassil or his 21 year old "cuz" has anything to do with the FOG section. :dunno:

jahags
Tue Mar 20th, 2007, 11:48 AM
who is this Pig Shit ? Sounds like a little bitch who doesn't even own a bike, So PigShit go jump on your tricycle and piss off!!

mtnairlover
Tue Mar 20th, 2007, 12:29 PM
PigPen? Just another figment of someone's wild imagination just like Kite was. This person has one of two goals in mind: 1. just another pot stirrer...gets his jollies out of watching people getting all riled up. Oh, and I know of where I speak on that one. My son does the same thing in his own lil group of friends online. He laughs and talks about how he can get everyone all foaming at the mouth with how he can "shit-talk". It's actually quite funny. 2. Another way for this person (not pigpen, but the person using the pigpen psuedonym) to find out how the "group mentality" works. See how we all tick when someone who is "different" gets introduced to the group and how that person is accepted/denied. IMO, just ignore him and he'll go away. Feed into his words (and that's all they are is words) and he'll keep stirring.

Edit: Oh yeah, and sometimes I'm a bit slow on the uptake and state the obvious before getting the joke. Huh?:think: :D