PDA

View Full Version : tires

Lurch
Wed Mar 14th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Can you get 17" tires that will work off road? I'm looking for something along the lines of a full moto x tire. Looking at a new bike and I think I found something that will fill all my needs if I can get 17" tires for it.

Lurch

Filo
Wed Mar 14th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Crikey Doug, you gotta be the laziest person on the planet. Use "google" on the interwebs. Search for 17" dirt tires. Search took 0.12 seconds. Here is the first link.

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=17%22+dirt+tires&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=fcW&um=1&sa=X&oi=froogle&ct=title

Lurch
Wed Mar 14th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Actually I'm really lazy but I was also looking for input from the motard guys who have 17" rims.

Filo
Wed Mar 14th, 2007, 11:36 AM
None of us motard guys use knobbies. I have run Bridgestone slicks, Bueller uses slicks or Distenzas, Krod uses slicks or some road tire he beats the holy hell out of. No one is using knobbies. Bueller took his Distenzas up to Rampart, which was apparently fun, but he will have to chime in on how fun it was.

Bueller
Wed Mar 14th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Avon Distanzias are about the most aggressive tread block I have seen on the 17's, and they work great on pavement. They are not the stickiest tire out there but I can still corner in the canyons pretty well but they do slide around easily on the track. The wide 120 fronts will wash pretty easily in sandy/loamy loose stuff, but I haven't lost the front completely yet.

krod
Wed Mar 14th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Its my bike for some reason the rear brake keeps locking up around corners:dunno: