pilot
Wed Mar 14th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Very clean to light sand.

rybo
Wed Mar 14th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Cool!

N1KSS1KS1x
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 12:14 AM
I've never been up lookout how is that road besides sand free?

Devaclis
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 06:56 AM
Covered in bicyclists :)

pilot
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 12:12 PM
On a weekend it is like any other run in the front range-bicycles, cars, dog walkers. On a weekday from 9-11 or 2-4 it is pretty empty. Fast turns, great view.

N1KSS1KS1x
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Right on Thanks Pilot, hey do you ever work ? From all the road reports I've seen from you how many miles have you put on already this year?

pilot
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Right on Thanks Pilot, hey do you ever work ? From all the road reports I've seen from you how many miles have you put on already this year? Well, I worked in my yard the other day, if that counts? Also, been training my new GSD (thank you PrillerNate and family-Mishka is a fine dog).

I've put on about well over 1000 miles so far this year. My goal is to discover a few roads that I haven't run. So far I've found a few choice ones and have taken a some riders out on them. Best bet to date (less a little construction dirt) is "Elk Creek Speedway" at 2.5 for the loop. There are some fast elevation changes.

*KEN*
Thu Mar 15th, 2007, 09:06 PM
On a weekend it is like any other run in the front range-bicycles, cars, dog walkers. On a weekday from 9-11 or 2-4 it is pretty empty. Fast turns, great view.

Fast turns???

rybo
Fri Mar 16th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Fast turns???

I agree Ken, Lookout Mountain has a ton of slow switchbacks on it. Near the top there are a couple of sweeping corners, but for the most part this is a slower, more technical ride.

Not far from lookout is the Golden Gate Canyon road and HWY 72, Coal Creek Canyon which are both quite a bit faster and more flowing than Lookout Mountain.

Anyone been up those and have a gravel report?

Scott

koconnell
Tue Mar 20th, 2007, 01:01 PM
i live up there off lookout mtn road and have been riding up there over the last couple of days. its looking pretty clean right now. as Pilot says, busy road up there on the weekend ... but the nights are pretty mellow. good views too. if ya come up ridin .... give me a shout!

Sortarican
Tue Mar 20th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Very clean to light sand.

OK. is that Pilot "light sand" or scardy-cat "light sand".

Example:
Pilot "light Sand":

Pussy Jeff's "light sand":

DeeStylez
Tue Mar 20th, 2007, 02:36 PM
only downfall for lookout mtn is the bicyclist :(

I usually take a cruise up there once a week on my r6 for practice runs. Still to chicken shit to get out on some of the major highways.

Thadius
Tue Mar 20th, 2007, 02:58 PM
KO, what is the easiest way to get to Lookout Mountain from Arvada. I work on 64th and Indiana and wouldn't mind checking it out after work. :crazy:

pilot
Tue Mar 20th, 2007, 03:11 PM
As can be seen by the pic Jeff put up of my version of "sand Light" I would also like to add conditions "Dry aka less filling".

Sortarican
Tue Mar 20th, 2007, 03:33 PM
KO, what is the easiest way to get to Lookout Mountain from Arvada. I work on 64th and Indiana and wouldn't mind checking it out after work. :crazy:

West to Hwy 93
South on 93 till it turns into 6th
Big-ass hill on your right.

Sortarican
Tue Mar 20th, 2007, 03:41 PM
......Lookout Mountain has a ton of slow switchbacks on it. Near the top there are a couple of sweeping corners, but for the most part this is a slower, more technical ride....

Anyone remember Sam's on Lookout Mountain?

Who the hell came up with the bright idea of putting a 3.2 bar on top of that thing?
Get drunk on Saturday night and spend Sunday afternoon winching out the car....ah.....good times....good times.:drink:

pilot
Tue Mar 20th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Hell, what happened to all the 3.2 strip clubs!?

Bueller
Tue Mar 20th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Anyone remember Sam's on Lookout Mountain?

Who the hell came up with the bright idea of putting a 3.2 bar on top of that thing?
Get drunk on Saturday night and spend Sunday afternoon winching out the car....ah.....good times....good times.:drink:

Oh yea! That place was great, alway made it down the hill, not sure how or why :lol:

koconnell
Tue Mar 20th, 2007, 09:11 PM
yep ... for best way to get to Lookout Mtn from Arvada - get yourself to 93 and head south. either take the switchbacks up from 19th intersection in Golden - or head up the 70 west (or as i prefer take the frontage road - and you might have the road all to yourself :-) to the Lookout Mtn exit.

big_E
Sun Apr 1st, 2007, 12:29 PM
Went up this morning (4/1) and it looks like the street cleaners may have been at work. No sand to speak of, a couple places where snowmelt is running across the road around the top set of switchbacks. Nice and clean if you don't mind dodging the cyclists.

pilot
Sun Apr 1st, 2007, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the update on LM. Gonna have to do an evening ride and watch the sunset on the city from up there.