PDA

View Full Version : tightening a throtle on a F4I

haywood jablome
Sun Jan 26th, 2003, 12:49 PM
How do you tighten the throtle response on a 2001 CBR600F4I? I cant figure it out. Anyone help?

mikesf4i
Sun Jan 26th, 2003, 09:33 PM
Do you have play in your throttle cable? Can you turn your throttle a little bit and the engine doesnt speed up? Or are you looking for a carburation type problem? For play in the cable there is an adjuster right up by the grip. All you do is loosen the locknut turn the adjuster and then re tighten the locknut. Just make sure that the engine doesnt speed up when you turn the bars from side to side. My cable had a whole buch of play in it when i picked up my bike, so that was the first thing i did when i got it home.If you need help with it let me know.If you are looking at a carburation problem I have the shop manual for it but Honda fuel injection is normally pretty good.

haywood jablome
Sun Jan 26th, 2003, 09:38 PM
No he just has a bit of play in his throtle. He wants to take out the play.

mikesf4i
Sun Jan 26th, 2003, 09:58 PM
Go for the little adjuster. its right where the cable comes out of the twist grip.

haywood jablome
Sun Jan 26th, 2003, 10:01 PM
is it about a 2" black metal piece with a 10mm nut looking thing on the part nearst the hand grip? can you take a pic? i messed with this and it did not tighten nor loosen the throtle. Am i in the ball park?

yakuza
Mon Jan 27th, 2003, 09:59 AM
Yeah you twist the long hex-sided black metal thing, and use the nut as a lock-nut.

mikesf4i
Mon Jan 27th, 2003, 07:13 PM
You are in the ball park.I could take some pics and e mail them to you if you want.

mikesf4i
Thu Jan 30th, 2003, 10:05 PM
So.... Did it work?