PDA

View Full Version : VDR (Berthoud) up for sale

Buddau
Fri Mar 16th, 2007, 10:02 PM
I have found out that VDR has been up for sale for some time now. The price was recently dropped to 3.5 mil.
This really sucks. It is one of the best dirt tracks in Colorado. It's groomed nicely, well organized, and huge. The Hare Scramble races were great fun!
So if anyone of you are wealthy enough to buy it, please do, so we can keep it a dirt track open to the public. It is listed as a succesful motorcross track.
One of the biggest reasons I got out of road racing was the closing of our local road course tracks (2nd Creek and CDR). So I got into dirt biking. Then the Pueblo riding area gets severly shrunk, and now threats of VDR closing down. :banghead: What's next? We are loosing too much good land to the developers.
Does the world think that everyone likes golfing and hate motor sports? I hate golf! I look at a golf course and think, " hmm, those are nice berms."
In the mean time, my boys and I will ride at VDR as much as we can. Motorcycling is more of a family sport than golf is! :scream1:

Bueller
Sat Mar 17th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Yep, sucks. Eventually mans needs for growth will eliminate all riding areas. Glad I grew up riding free, Just wish we had these bikes back in those days.

FZRguy
Sat Mar 17th, 2007, 12:14 PM
We rode dirt bikes from the house 3 miles to our free riding area in the 70s. Maybe we should pool our $$$ and open our own track and trial riding area?

Chikaleen
Sun Apr 1st, 2007, 06:52 PM
There's a place out here by where I live thats still free open riding area. I love going out there with a few buds and just riding around.