PDA

View Full Version : round trip report..stove prarie,rist,horsetooth,devil's gulch

daemon
Sun Mar 18th, 2007, 03:57 PM
took a good long ride with the girlfreind today.
thought i would share with anyone who cares.
stove prarie road-fair amount of sand and gravel on this road still.
the worst portion of it is in the narrow's.
as expected the sand still remain's on the side of the road's,so you should not attempt to follow the white line.
in the narrows is alot of gravel and sand in the middle of the road making it hard to do anything but the posted limit.
also there are the farmer's driveway's that are still kicking more out into the road.

turn on to rist canyon
rist canyon-much the same as stove prarie.
the first downhill portion is rather hairy and still need's a good rinse.
as you progress into the narrows here there will be a bit of snow/water run off as well as some gravel in the center of the best part's of the road.

stop off in laporte for lunch at vern's place.
still making good sized portion's of food for a good price.

through the back streets of ft.collins to horsetooth.
horsetooth- surprisinly clean and enjoyable.
no really unexpected surprises on this route.
to the guy on the all purpose bike that was getting pulled over.....sorry. if you would have behaved i might have got in trouble.

U.S.34 to drake- clean enough to be enjoyed....some one please tell the cagers to get off of this road.

drake to glen haven (devil's gulch road)- still a fair amount of sand hiding in the corner's.
enough to pucker you up if you are not expecting it.
take caution on this road especially within a mile of glen haven where it gets worse.
all these roads appear to have the same charachteristics for someone who may be going the other way.....

made it home safe with only one S.U.V who gave me trouble.....he wanted my lane and i was alert enough to see it coming.
i avoid and got to the other side of him while giving him the 2 fingers to my visor motion(look b4 u leap), he waves an apology to me while holding his cellphone......go figure.
http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/314/puckerfactorst1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

pilot
Sun Mar 18th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Good read, nice ride.

daemon
Mon Mar 19th, 2007, 10:12 AM
thanks pilot...
just trying to help peeps out if'n they want to try these rides....