PDA

View Full Version : How to save money at Starbucks

dapper
Wed Mar 21st, 2007, 09:05 PM
A few tips to help reduce your bean juice debt:

1. "Ghetto" Latte - This makeshift coffee drink lives up to its name. To make, order one or two shots of espresso in a large cup. Fill the rest with milk from the condiment station. If it's too cold, microwave at home or the office. For a ghetto macchiato, substitute the regular milk for a portion of half 'n' half equal to the amount of espresso.

2. Short Cap - Some Starbucks sell a "short" cappuccino that isn't listed on the menu, but is only available by request. It's smaller and cheaper than the "tall," which is the smallest on the menu.

3. Black Coffee - Learn to like regular coffee. The expensive drinks at Starbucks are those dressed up with cream and sugar. Acquiring a taste for black coffee won't just save you money, it'll save you fat and calories as well.

4. Free Power - Instead of charging your laptop at home, bring it into Starbucks and charge it up for free.

5. Free News - Discarded sections of the day's newspapers are a staple at Starbucks. Instead of subscribing to a paper that you throw away after reading anyway, share with the Starbucks community.

6. The Hook-up - Starbucks employees get a free pound of coffee every week, which is often up for barter if you have something good to offer. I know a girl who worked at a doctor's office that traded a bag of free drug pens for a pound of Sumatran.

7. Osmosis - Sometimes all you need is a whiff of the coffee scent and the sound of whirring machines to trigger you into waking up in the morning. So walk in, take a deep breath, and drink in the morning energy. Leave as soon as you feel more away and you've saved yourself the price of a coffee.
(http://www.financialgreenlight.com/save_money_at_starbucks.html%5DFinancial)

PsychoMike
Wed Mar 21st, 2007, 09:43 PM
haha I totally pay my massage therapist in coffe.

~Barn~
Tue Apr 10th, 2007, 04:58 PM
8.) Learn how to brew your own.

TurboGizzmo
Tue Apr 10th, 2007, 05:42 PM
8.) Learn how to brew your own.

Damn right, I love my espresso machine!