PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember Cruising?

Snowman
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 10:23 AM
I use to ride with a bunch of bikers in Edmond Oklahoma. We called ourselves the Regulators and would cruse Broadway from the Sonic to the Post Office on our bikes.

At one point there had to be some 30 bikes cruising up and down that strip. We use to hangout in front of the Godfathers Pizza. They would let us stay there as long as we ordered something.

The cops would shut the street down about midnight so after we would all go out of town to the pipe yards and drag race till one or two.

mtnairlover
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 10:29 AM
Dude!!! One time in band camp...

Actually, I used to cruise with my pals around Westminster Mall in my '75 yellow SuperBeetle back in the day.

Sully
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 10:30 AM
Gah.. you guys must be really old

:D

mtnairlover
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 10:34 AM
Yeah, and still got it goin' on, too...uh huh!!!:bananna:

Now, where I'd put those funky lens thingy's, can't see a derned thing...gettin' tired of spending my life one inch from the 'puter screen.:lol:

Snowman
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 10:35 AM
Never went to band camp… :(

Sully
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 10:35 AM
Snowman isn't musically inclined...

mtnairlover
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 10:38 AM
Is he anything inclined?

Snowman
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 10:40 AM
I’m usually inclined to be reclined…

mtnairlover
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 10:43 AM
mmm...I like that position too.;)

DevilsTonic
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 11:06 AM
I used to cruise Westy Mall too, they've banned that now though. There are signs all over the streets that say "no cruising".

N1KSS1KS1x
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 11:15 AM
They still do this shat check out 96th and feds at the sonic on a friday night they meet here and then go out to a spot to race

Sortarican
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 11:28 AM
Gah.. you guys must be really old
:D

Whooooop!...Whoooooop!.....Fetus Alert!!!.....Fetus Alert!!!
Get off my lawn ya hoolagin!

Godfathers Pizza Rocked!
Pitcher of 3.2 beer and a deep dish pie! mmmmmmm

We had State St. back in PA.
Mostly muscle cars, doing power brake burnouts up and down the Lakefront.

They pretty much banned most of it for the Gen-X-ers and on because
they're all no-account gang members that couldn't keep from shooting
each other.
(Well technically they can't shoot worth a damn and kept
hitting 80 yr. old ladies and toddlers.)

daemon
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 11:36 AM
i used to cruise the streets as well back in peoria.
i remember(don't remember) many nights of fun and chasing skirt's.....now i do feel old

Mel
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 08:08 PM
Cruising Westy back in the day was great! Ahhh, good times, good times.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 08:12 PM
I use to ride with a bunch of bikers in Edmond Oklahoma. We called ourselves the Regulators and would cruse Broadway from the Sonic to the Post Office on our bikes.

At one point there had to be some 30 bikes cruising up and down that strip. We use to hangout in front of the Godfathers Pizza. They would let us stay there as long as we ordered something.

The cops would shut the street down about midnight so after we would all go out of town to the pipe yards and drag race till one or two.

Holy crap...You guys have a Sonic on every frickin corner down here in Oklahoma...It's like Starbucks in Seattle. You sure you didn't cruise from one Sonic to the other?

Bueller
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 08:19 PM
We cruised 16th street, before it was a mall, and then went to the Scotchman on Federal just north of I-70

http://www.scotchmanreunion.org/scotchman2.html

bluedogok
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 08:26 PM
Holy crap...You guys have a Sonic on every frickin corner down here in Oklahoma...It's like Starbucks in Seattle. You sure you didn't cruise from one Sonic to the other?
There weren't as many Sonics around back then, I think there were only two in all of Edmond back then. They are about as common as Subways there now.

Husky
Fri Mar 23rd, 2007, 06:57 PM
Use to cruiz 16th street before it became a mall, than cruized Westminster Mall, cruized main street in longmont than West Colfax. Pic of my old praire chicken I use to cruiz around in.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a293/MHusky/Drags82.jpg

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Fri Mar 23rd, 2007, 07:15 PM
Nice ride...not too familiar with the older rods....69 Firebird?

Husky
Fri Mar 23rd, 2007, 07:17 PM
Close, it was a 1968 Firebird with a 455 C.I Engine

olds_cool
Fri Mar 23rd, 2007, 11:20 PM
I remember cruising...."..on a Sunday afternoon"! hahahhhhaa! Those were the days, people...

FZRguy
Sat Mar 24th, 2007, 03:39 PM
I had a ’67 Firebird and we were on Brookside in Tulsa every weekend. Real muscle cars like Z-28's, GTO's, Cuda's and GT Mustangs everywhere. Def some of the best times of my life.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sat Mar 24th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Cruising was cool. Main in Lgmt was good, then in Lancaster CA, and parts of LA. Until the fucking police shut cruising down everywhere. Before my time, but I guess there used to be a LOT of street racing in Cleveland. I second Sortarica's comments about the fucking punk-ass kids fucking it up for everyone and getting cruising banner pretty much everywhere....:scream1:

Husky
Sun Mar 25th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Cruising was cool. Main in Lgmt was good, then in Lancaster CA, and parts of LA. Until the fucking police shut cruising down everywhere. Before my time, but I guess there used to be a LOT of street racing in Cleveland. I second Sortarica's comments about the fucking punk-ass kids fucking it up for everyone and getting cruising banner pretty much everywhere....:scream1:

Really was too bad that it took only a hand full of gang banging peices of crap to shut down cruzin for the 1000's that just enjoyed nice cars and girl chasing

towneh
Sun Mar 25th, 2007, 08:06 AM
ah, perm resident in western NY, over 18, attending a university in Erie, PA..... drive the Cuda to the stateline for the beer and cruiz the beach circuit at Presque Isle State Park. keep your receipts!!!
:drink: :oops: bus_henry

TheSollyLama
Fri Apr 27th, 2007, 10:46 PM
we used to cruise in Manchester, NH and it was alot of fun. It was of course too much fun so the local law enforcement shut it down. Something like if you were seen on the street three times in two hours or some shit they could write you a ticket.

Mel
Fri Apr 27th, 2007, 10:59 PM
we used to cruise in Manchester, NH and it was alot of fun. It was of course too much fun so the local law enforcement shut it down. Something like if you were seen on the street three times in two hours or some shit they could write you a ticket.

lol, I think those are the same regs they used to shut down cruising in both Westminster and in Longmont...that shit kept me from drinking, doing drugs, or partying through highschool though.

MUSHMEAT
Sat Apr 28th, 2007, 05:51 AM
Use to cruise VanNuys Blvd in so. Cal on my 1976 KZ900, back in 1978, Loads of fun, saw some wicked illegal streetracing back then. Everyone had fun. I even won a few races against suckers in there cars!!:)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri May 4th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Use to cruise VanNuys Blvd in so. Cal on my 1976 KZ900, back in 1978, Loads of fun, saw some wicked illegal streetracing back then. Everyone had fun. I even won a few races against suckers in there cars!!:)

Yep, used to cruise down in LA sometimes, but not that long ago. Mid to late '80's there, and in Lancaster and Palmdale CA. As was mentioned, too bad these baggy-pantsed punk kids fucked-up what was an American tradition for 50+ years....:scream1:

salsashark
Fri May 4th, 2007, 11:32 AM
I had a 66 Mustang and used to cruise Broadway back in Highschool. Met up at Supershops after work and race stoplight to stoplight on Saturday nights. Good times...

I remember a friend of mine had a 67 Impalla that was a total beater, but had 10K in the engine alone... Total sleeper and scary as hell when he slammed on the gas!

Sortarican
Fri May 4th, 2007, 12:04 PM
ah, perm resident in western NY, over 18, attending a university in Erie, PA..... drive the Cuda to the stateline for the beer and cruiz the beach circuit at Presque Isle State Park. keep your receipts!!!
:drink: :oops: bus_henry

You gotta be shittin me, man!:crazy:
My first car was a '70 Cuda and we cruised the Peninsula all the time.
You must remember Kelly's Stateline, Peak-and-Peak, and Waldameer too.
Damn,.... small world.

Where's you go to school, Gannon?

towneh
Fri May 4th, 2007, 10:32 PM
You gotta be shittin me, man!:crazy:
My first car was a '70 Cuda and we cruised the Peninsula all the time.
You must remember Kelly's Stateline, Peak-and-Peak, and Waldameer too.
Damn,.... small world.

Where's you go to school, Gannon?

yessssh, Gannon with mech engr yep, lotsa fun places were there but ya gotta step out for the adventures! Mardi Gras in NO, storm surfin/sailin in the GofMex, switchbacks on the WestCoast lookin for whale-watchin ports, etc.

bus_henry (got more places to go, things to do)