PDA

View Full Version : Motion for new moderators.

~Barn~
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 10:52 AM
With all due respect to the current staff of Jenny, Bertha, and Canuck, I would like to suggest the appointment of some new moderators.

I like all of the above and they've never misused any Mod abilities, so it's nothing to do with that. I just that it's time for a changing of the guard so-to-speak. I think that new moderators are needed, particularly some who are on the board a great deal, and around enough to make an appreciable difference.

For instance, there has been a thread in "Old Sticky Threads" that needs to be moved to an appropriate forum. Nobody has been around to see to that as of yet. (Either that, or they have seen it, and just haven't done it.) :dunno:

I see the occasional instances of cross-posting that don’t get dealt with quickly, also.

Nothing major really. I just think the club and the forums deserve the timely Moderator’ish housekeeping, that they don’t have now.

Anyway….
Based on their tenure on the board, the frequency with which I see them logged in, and their overall demeanor, I think the following would make good additions or replacements to the Moderator staff:

Filo
RYBO
Snowman
Lurch
R1chie

I’m sure there are others, and would definitely like to see everybody’s opinion. And unless the girls would like to see a new (or additional) “Girl Only” admin, I think Jenny is doing a fine job.

Thoughts?

Suki
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 10:59 AM
VOTE SUKI FOR MODERATOR!!!!

Brizz
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 11:04 AM
I do slightly agree with Barn on this one. There is a serious lack of presents with the current ones. i understand ppl having lives and jobs...etc...But maybe some level headed ppl that are around more often. Also why do we need a female admin. Just a girls mod would seem sufficent. My.02

Sortarican
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 11:07 AM
If you give Suki authority I can garuantee it just a matter of time before a full blown attempt to seize power.
Give authority to a Korean/Latino.....you're looking at a Coup de'tat/Huanta/Evil Empire.

I forsee heaps of dead, burnt, bodies littering the web already.

AshliRider44
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 11:35 AM

We need to start working on your speech :D

~Barn~
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 11:39 AM
Her concession speech.

rybo
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 11:39 AM
Hey Barn,

I really appreciate the vote of confidence, but don't know if I'm on here consistently enough to do a great job. My activity seems to go in bursts and lately I've had some time to be here, but just a month ago I was an infrequent visitor at best and would have been doing the club (and board) no good.

Scott

AshliRider44
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 11:40 AM
Her concession speech.

Her VICTORY Speech muahahahahahahaha.... VOTE FOR SUKI ;)

Carry on :)

salsashark
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 12:11 PM

:shocked:

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

Fly boy
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 12:18 PM

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

you have a great disturbance, I have an gravitational pull of Jupiter thinking if Mel was here to read this.

rforsythe
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 12:31 PM

Don't worry, the force is strong with me, and Suki isn't going to be a moderator. ;) Sweet Jesus man, we'd all perish in flames!

As for other mods, well, I'm not opposed to the idea of more people stepping up to the job, but they'd actually have to volunteer (as opposed to just being nominated), and obviously there is a certain sort of individual we'd allow to do the job, having learned from past events on that one.

Brizz - what's your issue with a "female admin"? That's rather chauvinistic of you. Jenny was made an admin initially to support the girls forum, because we couldn't just give her control over the group's members until Bob wrote his script with the new software. Because she was already a regular mod anyway, and because she does do some admin-like things such as nuking spammer accounts without abusing the privilege, we left her at that level.

Suki
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 12:35 PM
if i'm voted moderator i promise to end all world hunger, create unified peace on this planet and uranus, and to immediately remove all persons over the age of 50 from the ability to drive motorized vehicles, as opposed to the non-motorized ones, and to make lane splitting legal in all 52 states. :D

Suki
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 12:36 PM
and so she spoketh and the world listeneth and obeyed.

~Barn~
In that case, I volunteer.

Suki
and besides, who's on this board more than me and has viewed all forums and responded to all posts? me, that's who.

Suki
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 12:37 PM
we all know i have another job and family, but do i pay attention to them? no, i do not, my loyalty is to the people of this club!

salsashark
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 12:40 PM
Where'd that submit... reply... submit... reply animated gif go?!

Holy crap woman!

and wouldn't that be, "listeneth and obeyeded"? ;)

Suki
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 12:50 PM
listen here, voter, you may submit a claim to correct my grammar with my commitee of angry lesbians, otherwise you are not allowed to directly speaketh to me-eth.

THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN!

salsashark
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 12:54 PM
:lol:

there's something incredibly funny about an albino asian yelling Revolution!

Suki
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 12:56 PM
and this is where i would correct you in saying that albino's lack pigmentation thus leaving them a pale white color along with white hair, if i were to correct you i'd say that i have pale white skin and patches of white hair, so since i only have 1/4 of white hair upon my heavenly body there for i am not an albino, i'm just fair... and not correcting you. :D

mtnairlover
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 01:17 PM
disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus
Nice quote.

"Study like you will live forever; live like you will die tomorrow"

AshliRider44
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 01:21 PM
This thread has surely gone to Suki hell :lol:

+1 with Ralph's opinion on female moderators.... :)

Snowman
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 01:21 PM
Well at least she can’t say “Join the dark side…” because she’s anything but and “Join the pale side” just doesn’t work for me.

Anyway I thank Barn for the vote of confidence. If needed I’ll serve.

Canuck
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 01:27 PM
In that case, I volunteer.

I was waiting for you to just come out and say it. Oh, I do think that a few more mods would benefit the club as a whole.

rforsythe
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 01:29 PM
Nice quote.

"Study like you will live forever; live like you will die tomorrow"

You get a gold star for being the first one to know what that means. ;)

~Barn~
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 01:31 PM
I was waiting for you to just come out and say it.

Wait for it....
.... Wait for it....

And yes. I wouldn't mind being one again. Call me a glutton for keeping order, but what the heck. :D

Besides... Apart from the 1 time that RAG got on my nerves and I carded him unfairly (which I immediately removed BTW), I was a damn good moderator. Brizz and I were just constantly butting heads. It's not like I ever banned anybody just because I didn't like what they had to say! :p

mtnairlover
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 01:37 PM
You get a gold star for being the first one to know what that means. ;)

Te he...thanks 'teach', nothing like dictionary.com when you're a curious lil bugger.:)

Sortarican
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 01:44 PM
Hey Barn,
I really appreciate the vote of confidence, but don't know if I'm on here consistently enough to do a great job. My activity seems to go in bursts and lately I've had some time to be here, but just a month ago I was an infrequent visitor at best and would have been doing the club (and board) no good.Scott

“If nominated, I will not accept; if drafted, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve.”

But if we need to burn Atlanta to the ground, Scott's our guy!

rybo
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 01:46 PM
“If nominated, I will not accept; if drafted, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve.”

Wow....didn't expect that.

To clarify, if I take on being a moderator I want to be sure that I give my best to this community. I'm not sure I'm here consistently enough to be really good at the job. Want me to do it anyways? Then I'm happy to.

Sully
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 03:25 PM
Don't succumb to the pressure Scott !

Jmetz
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 03:38 PM
I'll nominate myself as well. :D

Sortarican
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 04:11 PM
Wow....didn't expect that.

To clarify, if I take on being a moderator I want to be sure that I give my best to this community. I'm not sure I'm here consistently enough to be really good at the job. Want me to do it anyways? Then I'm happy to.

No offense intended, your well worded decline of the nomination just brought that quote to mind. :)

I'd volunteer except for the same reasons you listed.
I have very mercurial work load issues, long period of nothing but surfing and make-work followed by shit-storms and insane deadlines. :crazy: :cry:

(Plus I'm as crazy as Suki with none of her redeeming social skills.)

Gramps
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 04:21 PM
I was waiting for you to just come out

jason i have kinda been waiting on Barn to "come out" as well

:)

~Barn~
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 04:44 PM
:slaps knee:

Goofball.

Canuck
Thu Mar 22nd, 2007, 04:59 PM

Lurch
Fri Mar 23rd, 2007, 05:31 PM
Id take that job. Hell it would be the only one I have right now.:banghead:

I put up with the massive whining that goes on in the %^& I should be able to handle this.

Lurch

Bassil Duwaik
Fri Mar 23rd, 2007, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by Sortarican

Attachment 3519 (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3519)

god damn loooooool

Sully
Fri Mar 23rd, 2007, 10:39 PM
Could someone please show the n00b the "quote" function ?? :lol:... That will be your first task.

Carry on with your election.

Mel
Tue Mar 27th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Could someone please show the n00b the "quote" function ?? :lol:... That will be your first task.

:spit: Put him and kite in a thread...whoever masters the quote function and spell check first gets to stay.

And Snowman said he would serve...I would be ok with that, except that he has a Honda.

Devaclis
Wed Mar 28th, 2007, 07:27 AM
I think I am on here a great deal. More than most. Not sure I have the personality you are looking for.

King Nothing
Wed Mar 28th, 2007, 07:54 AM
I volunteer to take the reigns of this circus. I know that I am the only person here with the proper vision and credentials to bring calm to the chaos. Vote Doug for CSC Supreme Being.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Mar 28th, 2007, 07:58 AM
I volunteer to take the reigns of this circus. I know that I am the only person here with the proper vision and credentials to bring calm to the chaos. Vote Doug for CSC Supreme Being.

http://www.denvercs.net/650197.gif :banghead: :lol:

DevilsTonic
Wed Mar 28th, 2007, 08:28 AM
I think I am on here a great deal. More than most. Not sure I have the personality you are looking for.I vote for Dana!

~Barn~
Wed Mar 28th, 2007, 08:28 AM
I think I am on here a great deal. More than most. Not sure I have the personality you are looking for.

I should have totally nominated you, Dana. That's my bad.

People have stepped up Ralph. Get your nap in, and start knighting some mofos.

Suki
Wed Mar 28th, 2007, 08:34 AM
(Plus I'm as crazy as Suki with none of her redeeming social skills.)

i have fucking bad ass social skills you filthy plantain eatin grease ball!!!!! NO ONE CAN BE AS FUCKING AWESOME AS ME!!! NO FUCKING ONE!!!!!!

plus, i have extensive vocabulary.

psss... i luff youuuuu

Snowman
Wed Mar 28th, 2007, 08:58 AM
And Snowman said he would serve...I would be ok with that, except that he has a Honda. We all have our little faults that only others can see, Mel… After all you ride a Suzuki.

As for Suki’s nomination, I would rejoice in observing in the complete chaotic repercussions that her wrath would inflict on the unsuspecting.

AshliRider44
Wed Mar 28th, 2007, 09:20 AM
+1 for Barn and Dana

Sortarican
Wed Mar 28th, 2007, 09:38 AM
i have fucking bad ass social skills you filthy plantain eatin grease ball!!!!! ....

Um, that was what I was saying, of course your social skills are beyond reproach.:bow:
And there's really no need for name calling is there?:dunno:
(mumbles under his breath: You Psychotic Kim-Chi and Refrito Eat'in Witch.....)

Oh yeah, and +1 for Dana.

Brizz
Wed Mar 28th, 2007, 09:40 AM
I like to call em "slanty eyed bomb dodgers"

Brizz
Wed Mar 28th, 2007, 09:41 AM
I think Dana would be good as well...

Filo
Wed Mar 28th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Boy, I should have responded long ago...

Thanks for the nomination Barn, but it is not something I would be able to do well.

I gotta go - Scott and I need to burn Atlanta to the ground now. Anyone got a match?

rybo
Wed Mar 28th, 2007, 02:34 PM
ROAD TRIP!!!!

Devaclis
Wed Mar 28th, 2007, 02:45 PM
I like to call em "slanty eyed bomb dodgers"

hahah that pretty much made my day LOL

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Mar 28th, 2007, 02:48 PM
It's not like I ever banned anybody just because I didn't like what they had to say! :pThat's bob's job...haha

Devaclis
Wed Mar 28th, 2007, 02:52 PM
^^ You are going the right way for a smacked bottom

~Barn~
Wed Mar 28th, 2007, 03:02 PM
You're a dork Travis.

I actually was just referring to that time when Brizz booted me from the club for a few hours, because we were getting into in in chat or something stupid.

He was all:
"You shut up!! I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew! I'll stick you in a microwave!"

;)

R1chie
Fri Mar 30th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Based on their tenure on the board, the frequency with which I see them logged in, and their overall demeanor, I think the following would make good additions or replacements to the Moderator staff:

Filo
RYBO
Snowman
Lurch
R1chie

:shock: I missed this one, but thanks for the thought Barn. I moderated another board a while back, I must say it is not my cup of tea.

~Barn~
Fri Mar 30th, 2007, 09:57 AM
:shock: I missed this one, but thanks for the thought Barn. I moderated another board a while back, I must say it is not my cup of tea.

I figure as much as you get hacked on, you really have never seemed to lose your cool. Plus, you're on a lot, so what the heck. It's not like moderating this club would be ultra difficult. Move a post here and there, tell people not to be dickboxes, I think you could totally handle it.

Pretty sure.

Yeah.... Almost certain.
:D
;)

Anyway... Since you're not down for it anyway...

Plus, we've had several volunteers anyway, and we haven't heard back if anything is seriously being considered. I mean Lurch should get a spot just by virtue of how incredibly big he is!

Nick_Ninja
Fri Mar 30th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Ritch --- a mod -------------

:roll:

~Barn~
Fri Mar 30th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Oh come on Jeffity_Clack! Just because you and I don't agree with about 100% of what he has to say philosophically, doesn't mean he couldn't mod the board well. It's not like I'm nominating him for President.

Plus! Don't forget that it's sometimes okay to put the microscope over the opposition, and give them a little bit o' power. I would hope to think we'd all have a keen enough eye, to ensure any moderator does a good job. If not, you can't tell me it wouldn't be fun to watch a public ousting!

AshliRider44
Fri Mar 30th, 2007, 10:57 AM
I figure as much as you get hacked on, you really have never seemed to lose your cool. Plus, you're on a lot, so what the heck. It's not like moderating this club would be ultra difficult. Move a post here and there, tell people not to be dickboxes, I think you could totally handle it.

Pretty sure.

Yeah.... Almost certain.
;)

Anyway... Since you're not down for it anyway...

Plus, we've had several volunteers anyway, and we haven't heard back if anything is seriously being considered. I mean Lurch should get a spot just by virtue of how incredibly big he is!

Yeah, WTF?

TFOGGuys
Fri Mar 30th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Where is this thread going? And what is it doing in this handbasket?:devil2:

#1Townie
Sat Mar 31st, 2007, 09:50 AM
i would just like to say...... PICK ME PICK ME!!!!!!!!!!!

but that shit aint going to happen.... and o god the thought of rich being a mod....
+1 barn
+1 suki

Cat118!
Thu Apr 12th, 2007, 08:23 AM
NO ONE CAN BE AS FUCKING AWESOME AS ME!!! NO FUCKING ONE!!!!!!
plus, i have extensive vocabulary.

See even more reason to vote for her!!
:bow: All HAIL SUKI!! New Moderator!!

AshliRider44
Thu Apr 12th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Anarchy (sp?)

Canuck
Thu Apr 12th, 2007, 09:43 AM
If you aren't satisfied with this club and hate it enough, you can always join Anthony and his Mile High Madness stunta's:jerkoff:

AshliRider44
Thu Apr 12th, 2007, 09:48 AM
You can always join Anthony and his Mile High Madness stunta's

And you can always join these guys....

http://www.rockymountaineers.org/rmmc/About.htm

AshliRider44
Thu Apr 12th, 2007, 09:49 AM
If you aren't satisfied with this club and hate it enough, you can always join Anthony and his Mile High Madness stunta's:jerkoff:

Why are you changing your posts??? :lol:
Edit: Who the fuck ever said I hated the club??? Maybe I'm just sick of all the BS over getting new moderators. :slap:

Canuck
Thu Apr 12th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Because, I'm an uptight perfectionist. :)

Jenny
Thu Apr 12th, 2007, 09:57 AM
amen! ;)

Cat118!
Thu Apr 12th, 2007, 10:00 AM
And you can always join these guys....

http://www.rockymountaineers.org/rmmc/About.htm

(blink blink)

Canuck
Thu Apr 12th, 2007, 10:00 AM
:lol: You have no room too talk.

Jenny
Thu Apr 12th, 2007, 10:04 AM
hahahah ok so I can be slightly OCD. I admit it!

rforsythe
Thu Apr 12th, 2007, 10:06 AM

slightly.............. :lol:

~Barn~
Thu Apr 12th, 2007, 10:15 AM
It's part of Jenny's charm.
No romaine lettuce is it? :think:

Canuck
Thu Apr 12th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Yep, only Iceberg.

AshliRider44
Thu Apr 12th, 2007, 10:24 AM

I'll never forget our trip to Applebees.... "I hate romaine lettuce, dont even bring it out if it has it on it"

That poor kid picked every piece out himself :lol: WOOT!

jplracing
Thu Apr 12th, 2007, 10:40 AM

I think slightly is a mild understatment...but what do I know:)

rforsythe
Thu Apr 12th, 2007, 10:50 AM

:spit:

Jenny
Thu Apr 12th, 2007, 12:49 PM
:lol: I love you guys. :D

Ash, what about the time at applebees where the chick just turned and walked off when I was in the middle of a sentence? :P

Suki
Thu Apr 12th, 2007, 01:04 PM
did you beat her down???? :D

Jenny
Thu Apr 12th, 2007, 01:28 PM
No, I was floored. And then I talked to her manager. :D

AshliRider44
Thu Apr 12th, 2007, 01:30 PM
:lol: I love you guys. :D

Ash, what about the time at applebees where the chick just turned and walked off when I was in the middle of a sentence? :P

OMG that was horrible!! :slappers: They messed up my order too!! That was the Applebees in Pueblo OF COURSE..... I think I mixed that up with the restaurant we were at when he hand picked out all the romaine lettuce, where were we that time??? :banghead:

AshliRider44
Thu Apr 12th, 2007, 01:30 PM
did you beat her down???? :D

:yes: ;)