PDA

View Full Version : Ride, Sunday, March 25= looks to be only high clouds at 5 a.m.

pilot
Sun Mar 25th, 2007, 05:34 AM
The usual? 10ish at the Morrison Conoco?

According to Ryobi's road report, from yesterday, the roads are in decent shape.

Ride safe,
Pilot

CanyonCarver
Sun Mar 25th, 2007, 01:19 PM
did anyone end up going?

pilot
Sun Mar 25th, 2007, 01:58 PM
I stopped by around 10:15ish. If anyone was there, they must have left. Took Bear Creek to Evergreen over then to Conifer and Pleasant Park back down to Deer Creek. I only saw six MC the whole route. However, the weather was perfect for riding and the roads were mostly dry.

CanyonCarver
Sun Mar 25th, 2007, 02:01 PM
anyone heading up again? I had to much to do+sleep. I wouldn't mind a 2:30 - 3:00 ride

Joe
Sun Mar 25th, 2007, 02:27 PM
I was at Morrison at 9a, just for kicks. Went up to Deer Creek, first 1/3rd was dreamy, second 3rd was ok, the top 3rd had ice on it. Now, I went kind of early, so I'm sure it dried out some. Poop-load of bicycles.

Weather was awesome, and I even made it back early enough to spend some quality time with the family. Barf.

CanyonCarver
Sun Mar 25th, 2007, 03:27 PM
yeah I wanted to come late because of the weather. It's nice now, I will BE there at four if anyone wants to ride

CanyonCarver
Sun Mar 25th, 2007, 03:39 PM
leaving now...

Shea
Sun Mar 25th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Try to hook up with you but... :)

Got up there about 1 and did a couple laps and left about 4-ish. Nice day, way too much traffic though...

CanyonCarver
Sun Mar 25th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Shea -

I was there at four. Looked for ya, we gotta try for next weeked. Made a couple of laps myself...

Shea
Sun Mar 25th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Totally. Nice road, and you were right, some of those corners at a certain speed are intense :)

FZRguy
Mon Mar 26th, 2007, 01:01 AM
I headed up DCC around 2 pm, which is in great shape for this time of year. High Grade still has lots of sand compared to DCC.

pilot
Mon Mar 26th, 2007, 07:33 AM
I'm starting to think we need to get a broom crew out on High Grade.

konichd
Mon Mar 26th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Pilot,
We left the Conoco at 10:15 and just missed you as you were coming up C470. We thought you might turn around and catch up. We did Deer Creek, High Line (which was in much worse shape than the previous weekend) down to deckers, then over to Evergreen and down.

Lots of traffic due to some "tuner" event.

FZRguy
Mon Mar 26th, 2007, 11:38 AM
I don't think that they sweep up there. It just has to "wear off."

pilot
Mon Mar 26th, 2007, 01:04 PM
I don't think that they sweep up there. It just has to "wear off."
I was talking about getting a truck, brooms, labor and some sodas and doing it ourselves. This is really something for about two trucks and six to eight workers to cover the corner for safety etc. It would only take a few hours and be worth it for safety and the more spirited ride.

pilot
Mon Mar 26th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Pilot,
We left the Conoco at 10:15 and just missed you as you were coming up C470. We thought you might turn around and catch up. We did Deer Creek, High Line (which was in much worse shape than the previous weekend) down to deckers, then over to Evergreen and down.

Lots of traffic due to some "tuner" event. I thought that was you but wasn't sure. Also, it looked like Dave on his Duc was coming out behind you. I went over to the Conoco for a moment then took off up BCR to Evergreen and then hung out at the Conifer gas station. I thought you might be headed up Pleasant Park and could catch you there.

I almost went over to Deckers but headed back to town via PPR to get some stuff done.

I was running late as my friend and his wife were delivering their first kid and I was at the delivery.

Maybe this Friday I'll get out?

konichd
Mon Mar 26th, 2007, 01:55 PM
:yes: you should!